DO YOU SIN

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Read the scripture right before that one:

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Did you read how he says there is NO TRUTH in us?

That is about people who claim to be saved but who never repented of their sins because they said they did not have sins.

That scripture proves we have to repent of sins to be saved.

Could you please define "repent" in the terms you believe it brings salvation? If your concerned about us heathens not making it in the pearly gates, it would be nice to know your perspective.

Jerry Shugart

Read the scripture right before that one:

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Did you read how he says there is NO TRUTH in us?

He is saying that if a person denies that he does not sin then they do not have the truth in them about that.

Here is what John said to the people he was addressing:

"I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake"
(1 Jn.2:12).​

Do you think that those people did not have the truth in them at all?

That scripture proves we have to repent of sins to be saved.

What do you mean by the words "repent of our sins"?

Here is what Paul said about how people are saved:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).

According to you Paul was wrong in his answer because according to your ideas no one can possibly be saved when they believe the gospel.

Jerry Shugart

Is it about when they came to Christ?

No, a person comes to Christ when they believe and because of their faith their sins are forgiven (Acts 10:43).

It is those who are already saved who receive the forgiveness of sins when they confess their sins:

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:9).​

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I have heard people mention, in giving a testimony, " the day I stopped sinning" this is of course ridiculous as well as delusional.

This is why I maintain that you have theological value. Wherever we disagree, you are severely ahead of many to know this and rely on God as this wisdom always causes.

:cheers:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, a person comes to Christ when they believe and because of their faith their sins are forgiven (Acts 10:43).

It is those who are already saved who receive the forgiveness of sins when they confess their sins:

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:9).​
Shalom.

Thank you. Reading the context helps. However, how is it that the one who is born of God does not sin?

So, are you sure of your position?

Shalom.

Jacob

God's Truth

Could you please define "repent" in the terms you believe it brings salvation? If your concerned about us heathens not making it in the pearly gates, it would be nice to know your perspective.

Everyone has to repent of their sins to be saved.

That is what scripture says.

1 John 1:9 PROVES we have to REPENT of our SINS to be SAVED.

God's Truth

He is saying that if a person denies that he does not sin then they do not have the truth in them about that.

Here is what John said to the people he was addressing:

"I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake" (1 Jn.2:12).

Do you think that those people did not have the truth in them at all?

John is saying that IF any of them, him included claimed to be without sin---then they do not have TRUTH in them. That means they are not saved then, because we have to repent of OUR SINS to get saved.

What do you mean by the words "repent of our sins"?
Can you read what John PLAINLY says?

Here is what Paul said about how people are saved:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).

According to you Paul was wrong

Paul is saying to believe like what John teaches that we have to REPENT of our SINS to be SAVED.

Jesus plainly says he came for sinners, which is proof that one must repent of sins to be saved, just as John says.

Jerry Shugart

John is saying that IF any of them, him included claimed to be without sin---then they do not have TRUTH in them. That means they are not saved then, because we have to repent of OUR SINS to get saved.

No, all those to whom Peter addressed his epistle had already believed and as a result of their faith they had their sins forgiven (Acts 10:43). They were told that they already possessed eternal life which is in the Lord Jesus (1 Jn.5:11). And the Lord Jesus said that those to whom He gives eternal life shall never perish (Jn.10:28). So they were in no danger of losing their salvation.

If you will examine the context of 1 John 1:9 you will see that forgiveness of sins is inn regard to one's 'fellowship" with the LORD and not in regard to salvation.

Paul is saying to believe like what John teaches that we have to REPENT of our SINS to be SAVED.

Jesus plainly says he came for sinners, which is proof that one must repent of sins to be saved, just as John says.

That is NOT what Paul said and you know it because it has been revealed to you many times. Paul said that the "gospel" is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth"
(Ro.1:16).​

According to your ideas no one is saved when they believe the gospel because believing it is not enough!

Jerry Shugart

Reading the context helps. However, how is it that the one who is born of God does not sin?

So, are you sure of your position?

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God"
(1 Jn.3:9).​

A person is born of God does not sin because God's seed remains in him. God's seed refer to a believers nature and those born of God partake of the nature of his Parent. So when a child of God sins that sin does not stem from the believer's regenerate nature, God's seed. Sin can never spring from what a Christian truly is at the level of his regenerate nature. And that helps us understand the words of Paul here:

"If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not"
(Ro.7:16-18).​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God"

A person is born of God does not sin because God's seed remains in him. God's seed refer to a believers nature and those born of God partake of the nature of his Parent. So when a child of God sins that sin does not stem from the believer's regenerate nature, God's seed. Sin can never spring from what a Christian truly is at the level of his regenerate nature. And that helps us understand the words of Paul here:

"If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not"
Shalom.

Is this about a turning point in what Paul is saying, such that sin is either in the person as a potential, possibility, or past, with a life of obedience becoming the reality? For in Christ Paul can move on, thanking God. Please comment if you believe that Paul is saying that a person is always a sinner, even after being born again.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jerry Shugart

Is this about a turning point in what Paul is saying, such that sin is either in the person as a potential, possibility, or past, with a life of obedience becoming the reality? For in Christ Paul can move on, thanking God. Please comment if you believe that Paul is saying that a person is always a sinner, even after being born again.

There is no doubt in my mind that Peter was born of God when he believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (Mt.16:16;1 Jn.5:1-5). And after that we see what the Apostle Paul said about Him:

"But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?"
(Gal.2;11-14).​

Do you think that the acts of Peter described there by Paul were sinful? i say that they were and he sinned after he had been born of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There is no doubt in my mind that Peter was born of God when he believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (Mt.16:16;1 Jn.5:1-5). And after that we see what the Apostle Paul said about Him:

"But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?"
(Gal.2;11-14).​

Do you think that the acts of Peter described there by Paul were sinful? i say that they were and he sinned after he had been born of God.
Shalom.

Appearances are important, the way something appears. It may even be sin. The way something appears can be sin.

Was Peter eating with Gentiles or was he eating their food?

God's law has not been abolished.

Shalom.

Jacob

God's Truth

No, all those to whom Peter addressed his epistle had already believed and as a result of their faith they had their sins forgiven (Acts 10:43). They were told that they already possessed eternal life which is in the Lord Jesus (1 Jn.5:11). And the Lord Jesus said that those to whom He gives eternal life shall never perish (Jn.10:28). So they were in no danger of losing their salvation.

If you will examine the context of 1 John 1:9 you will see that forgiveness of sins is inn regard to one's 'fellowship" with the LORD and not in regard to salvation.

That is NOT what Paul said and you know it because it has been revealed to you many times. Paul said that the "gospel" is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth"
(Ro.1:16).​

According to your ideas no one is saved when they believe the gospel because believing it is not enough!

You have to believe the gospel that Jesus died for sins we admit to and no longer will do.

God's Truth

What? What are you saying here about Paul?

Jerry Shugart

You have to believe the gospel that Jesus died for sins we admit to and no longer will do.

We are to "believe" the gospel that Christ died for our sins in order to be saved. Why do you continue to insist that believing is not enough?

Tell me, what is the coming wrath that John the baptizer spoke of?

The time of Jacob's trouble (Jer.30:7).