Do you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Since you have never posted a valid argument, it is obvious that there can be no valid counter-argument to your lack of valid argument.

Yes, that's why he spams like a bot about alleged fallacies while only referring to previous posts and links to sources for purported validation.

He has never presented a valid argument to counter. It's a pretty good gig if you can get it. Just always demand that you and your sources are infallible, and then constantly sidestep any actual interactive conversation.

StanJ

NO !!!

You DON'T have to be a Christian to believe in the Trinity.

1. It is a man-made theology that did not come from Jesus.
2. It undermines the tradition of a monotheistic God.

WRONG!

Only true Christian believe in the Triune nature of God and the description thereof throughout the Bible.

1. It is God inspired and revealed.
2. It supports the Shema and the God of the NT BOTH.

Apple7

Completely inverted nonsense.

Hebrews 11:1 KJV

1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for , the evidence of things not seen .

You just proved my point.

Evidence.

Further, the 'faith' examples set forth in Hebrews 11 ARE Trinitarian to begin with!

You cherry-picked the worst possible chapter out of the Bible with which to deny The Trinity.

rotflol...!

genuineoriginal

You just proved my point.

Evidence.

Further, the 'faith' examples set forth in Hebrews 11 ARE Trinitarian to begin with!

You cherry-picked the worst possible chapter out of the Bible with which to deny The Trinity.

rotflol...!
I have to wonder where you get your information, since it is clear that you never read Hebrews 11 before making your foolish statement.

There is nothing in Hebrews 11 that speaks about the Trinity.

Read the rest of the chapter to see for yourself that the faith examples are Trinitarian!:cigar::cigar::cigar:

I did.

There is mention of the Father (called God in the chapter), but no mention of any Trinity.

Apple7

I have to wonder where you get your information, since it is clear that you never read Hebrews 11 before making your foolish statement.

There is nothing in Hebrews 11 that speaks about the Trinity.

I did.

There is mention of the Father (called God in the chapter), but no mention of any Trinity.

Look at the very first 'faith' example set forth in Heb 11.3...

By faith we understand the ages to have been framed by the Word of God, so that the things seen should not come into being out of things that appear. (Heb 11.3).

This example obviously emanates from the creation ex-nihilo found in Gen 1, in which The Word (i.e. The Son) is revealed along with The Spirit, as being uni-plural.

genuineoriginal

Look at the very first 'faith' example set forth in Heb 11.3...

By faith we understand the ages to have been framed by the Word of God, so that the things seen should not come into being out of things that appear. (Heb 11.3).

This example obviously emanates from the creation ex-nihilo found in Gen 1, in which The Word (i.e. The Son) is revealed along with The Spirit, as being uni-plural.

You are reading a lot into the text that is not found anywhere in the text.

In Hebrews 11:3, it says that the ages have been framed by the ῥῆμα rhēma of God.

Since the English word used by the translators for ῥῆμα rhēma is the same English word used by the translators for λόγος logos in John 1:1, you made the mistake of thinking they were the same thing.

Also, there is no mention of the Spirit in either Hebrews 11:3 or in John 1:1, so you have no grounds for your insistence that the text says something that is not actually in any of the words of the text.

Apple7

You are reading a lot into the text that is not found anywhere in the text.

In Hebrews 11:3, it says that the ages have been framed by the ῥῆμα rhēma of God.

Since the English word used by the translators for ῥῆμα rhēma is the same English word used by the translators for λόγος logos in John 1:1, you made the mistake of thinking they were the same thing.

Actually you are not reading the text at all.

The Book of Hebrews is aptly named for the OT material of which it contains.

Thus...the examples contained within its pages are from the Hebrew OT...NOT the Greek NT.

Think, Mcfly....

Secondly, the exact term and associated phraseology is already located in Heb 1.2 - 3, and pertains DIRECTLY to The Son.

Thirdly, Heb 1.1 immediately informs the reader that the One God of the OT has always revealed Himself ‘by many portions’ (polymeros) and ‘in various forms’ (polytropos).

These two Greek terms are only used this one time/ea in the entirety of the Holy Bible, and lexically are defined as ‘One of the constituent parts of a whole; in a context where the whole and its parts are distinguished.’

A clear signal of the ONE Triune Creator God of the Universe.

So...this faith example is smack-dab in the heart of The Trinity.

Also, there is no mention of the Spirit in either Hebrews 11:3 or in John 1:1, so you have no grounds for your insistence that the text says something that is not actually in any of the words of the text.

Again...

Heb 1.1 - 3, where the same phrase is repeated, already calls-out for Father & Son.

Further the OT Hebrew example is from Genesis 1 as I already mentioned, but you completely ignored - of which directly mentions The Spirit!

Thus...we have Father, Son & Spirit declared in the very FIRST faith example.

You are pegging a 10 on the scriptural ignorance scale.

Dan Emanuel

Psalm 23:1 KJV and John 10:11 KJV (Psalm 23:1 KJV) and John 10:14 KJV (Psalm 23:1 KJV) and John 10:27-28 KJV (Psalm 23:1 KJV).

DJ