Do you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Then you should have no trouble actually proving your anti-Catholic claims. Proof, please.

Back to Post #1137.

I already have.

Yer links to a website by those confusing fasting with abstinence and celibate nuns and priests which has until recently been MANDATORY was an epic fail.

A totally lame attempt at white washing the sinful practices of Catholicism.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I provided precisely that answer way back in Post #3. However, yourself, lifeisgood, etc. chose to go on to post various unsubstantiated anti-Catholic claims, so here we are. If you don't want to hear from me, I recommend not making a public display of your ignorance of the Catholic faith. Up to you.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

I didn't post anything about Catholicism except in response to you. You're delusional, and always looking to introduce your Catholic v Protestant agenda.

If you Catholics weren't on TOL braying about Catholicism and picking fights, Catholicism would get few mentions, negative OR positive. You guys are the ones who stir that pot.

The Catholic whore has been put away WITH a writ. Deal with it. It's historical fact. Nobody says you can't commit adultery and be a Latin. Go right ahead.

BTW... I was the most Latin-neutral anyone could be until I encountered you and your croney peers on TOL. So none of this is my latent bias. I've watched you and others for over 2 years, and you have totally persuaded me of the apostasy of the Romamized institution. Congrats.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Indeed...

And we see that circa 2.5 years ago you lambasted the usage of lexicons as being unreliable and 'biased'...:party:

But now...you are paying lip-service only to the term...not that you actually use one, obviously.

Oh...and you promised us 2.5 years ago that you would present your thesis to us in an organized fashion.

Never happened.

Looks like that was yet another lie.

You remind me of the profs that think they have all the academic answers - but don't have ANY real-world experience to back it up.

Just hot air that needs lampooning every so often...:D

Nope. I've done so many times in many other threads.

You are among the most despicable of non-believers pretending to be a Trinitarian. It's you that is like those profs, and you can't even recognize it.

You have no idea what the ontological Gospel is; and you have no idea how Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all distinct and eternal, uncreated deity.

Come meet me in person and we'll discuss it, keyboard warrior. You could be enlightened by the truth and actually get saved. You'd melt under the annointing of the truth. Aletheia. You need it. It would make you free from your arrogance as the pride of life.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Those readers who are genuinely and honestly interested in understanding what the Catholic Church actually believes and teaches will care.

Yeah, well both of those people aren't even on TOL.

Others, like yourself, who are interested only in propagating the long-discredited, wildly uninformed, and willfully ignorant anti-Catholic propaganda fed to them by their preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects

No Protestant group has informed me of much if anything about Catholicism. I've researched it myself, and mostly from RCC's own dogma. I've read every ante-Nicene Patristic writing extant, and most of everything else through the 1054 Schism and beyond. I've read much of the Scholastics, including Aquinas. I've also read much of the Franciscans and others.

will of course not care.

Of course not. The whore has been put away WITH a writ, and Protestants married Christ alone. They don't want to put away Christ and remarry the whore.

Their chosen anti-Catholic sect will simply not allow them to.

Even Lutherans are autonomous enough to not have their leadership determine such things for individuals. You've been under the Pope's antichrist thumb long enough to forget such things, evidently.

No Protestant group "allows" or "disallows" others to learn of Catholicism.

You can lead a man to Peter, but you can't make him think.

Yes, I can lead a man to Peter, but I lead them to Christ instead. The Cornerstone.

And the Gospel is known by oida knowledge, not by man's thinking. That's why your whore is apostate. Leading others to Peter instead of Christ, and directing others to think instead of having the mind of Christ.

But you won't actually answer anything. You'll just reference a post number and/or post a link to a Catholic source.

Ciao, St. Nobody.

Cruciform

I already have.
Please cite the particular post number in which you supposedly prove your anti-Catholic claims.

Yer links to a website by those confusing fasting with abstinence and celibate nuns and priests which has until recently been MANDATORY was an epic fail. A totally lame attempt at white washing the sinful practices of Catholicism.
The assumptions and opinions that you have been fed by your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect are noted.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Last edited:

Cruciform

I didn't post anything about Catholicism except in response to you. You're delusional, and always looking to introduce your Catholic v Protestant agenda.
I didn't post anything about Protestantism except in response to you. You're delusional, and always looking to introduce your Protestant v Catholic agenda. (See how that works?)

If you Catholics weren't on TOL braying about Catholicism and picking fights, Catholicism would get few mentions, negative OR positive. You guys are the ones who stir that pot.
If you anti-Catholics weren't on TOL braying about anti-Catholicism and picking fights, anti-Catholicism would get few mentions, negative OR positive. You guys are the ones who stir that pot.

BTW... I was the most Latin-neutral anyone could be until I encountered you and your croney peers on TOL. So none of this is my latent bias. I've watched you and others for over 2 years, and you have totally persuaded me of the apostasy of the Romamized institution. Congrats.
That might carry a bit more weight if you had ever actually refuted (disproven) a single genuine tenet of the Catholic faith on this forum. But as it stands, you have utterly failed to do so, all your man-made sectarian anti-Catholic preferences aside. As your own moto states: "Subjective opinion is not inherently objective truth, regardless of indoctrination and/or majority consensus." Post your proof, or don't bother trying to undermine Christ's one historic Catholic Church.

Your transparent attempt at an excuse for rejecting Christ's one historic Church and her teachings, however, is noted.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Last edited:

Cruciform

Yeah, well both of those people aren't even on TOL.
Post your proof.

No Protestant group has informed me of much if anything about Catholicism.
My observation was not that you are necessarily a formal member of any such group. I merely stated the obvious fact that what you think you "know" about the Catholic faith you inevitably learned from various non-Catholic---or even anti-Catholic---sources of information (doctrinal traditions). My statement stands exactly as posted.

I've researched it myself, and mostly from RCC's own dogma. I've read every ante-Nicene Patristic writing extant, and most of everything else through the 1054 Schism and beyond. I've read much of the Scholastics, including Aquinas. I've also read much of the Franciscans and others.
How very odd, then, that virtually every claim you've posted on this forum regarding what the Catholic Church supposedly "teaches" has been distorted, misrepresentative, and just plain inaccurate. Looks like you need to read all of that material over again, this time with a far better-informed mind. :think:

Of course not. The whore...
Now go ahead and post your proof for your wholly unsubstantiated claim that "the harlot of Babylon" is supposedly the Catholic Church.

Even Lutherans are autonomous enough to not have their leadership determine such things for individuals.
That's patented nonsense. Each Lutheran sect sets itself up as the authority which ultimately defines the doctrinal content and "correct" understanding of the Bible of its specific brand of "Lutheranism." If the individual doesn't want to affirm and follow those doctrinal distinctives, he is free to leave that particular sect. But he cannot properly call himself a "Lutheran" unless he's willing to embrace the doctrinal distinctives of Lutheranism. Likewise with every other sect in Protestantism.

You've been under the Pope's antichrist thumb...
Post your documentary proof for your claim that the Pope is supposedly "the anti-Christ."

No Protestant group "allows" or "disallows" others to learn of Catholicism.
However, every Protestant sect disallows its members to identify with its particular sect unless the individual agrees with and follows that sect's defining doctrinal distinctives.

Yes, I can lead a man to Peter, but I lead them to Christ instead.
Your naive False Dilemma Fallacy is noted.

And the Gospel is known by oida knowledge, not by man's thinking. That's why your whore is apostate.
Still waiting for your supposed proof... :yawn:

Leading others to Peter instead of Christ...
False Dilemma and Straw Man Fallacies.

But you won't actually answer anything. You'll just reference a post number and/or post a link to a Catholic source.
...thus in fact providing an answer, and so directly refuting your claim made here.

Ciao, St. Nobody.
Straw Man and Ad Hominem Fallacies.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Apple7

Nope. I've done so many times in many other threads.

Eh....nope.

Plenty of empty promises, though...

You are among the most despicable of non-believers pretending to be a Trinitarian. It's you that is like those profs, and you can't even recognize it.

You have no idea what the ontological Gospel is; and you have no idea how Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all distinct and eternal, uncreated deity.

Come meet me in person and we'll discuss it, keyboard warrior. You could be enlightened by the truth and actually get saved. You'd melt under the annointing of the truth. Aletheia. You need it. It would make you free from your arrogance as the pride of life.

Nobody is interested in reading your constant and pathetic attempts at put-downs, prof.

If you put all that hatred and wasted energy into actually DOING what you said you would, and study scripture, then you might make something of your career.

In the meantime...rage on!:guitar:

StanJ

WOW PPS, did he touch a nerve?
For most believers, even though they may not know the meaning of ontological, they do know Jesus, and He is the basis of the gospel/good news.
The fact is, when we KNOW Jesus, we don't need to know or have ontology. I AM, is all we need to understand and believe.
We are told to be as children in our faith. Man's philosophy is not child like, it is only his attempt to apprehend God who he won't accept by faith.

Apple7

For most believers, even though they may not know the meaning of ontological, they do know Jesus, and He is the basis of the gospel/good news.
The fact is, when we KNOW Jesus, we don't need to know or have ontology. I AM, is all we need to understand and believe.
We are told to be as children in our faith. Man's philosophy is not child like, it is only his attempt to apprehend God who he won't accept by faith.

Indeed....a bulls eye...

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Eh....nope.

Plenty of empty promises, though...

Nope. Plenty of delineation of Theology Proper that you've neither read nor could understand because of your lack of salvific faith and your incessant hate-mongering drivel.

Nobody is interested in reading your constant and pathetic attempts at put-downs, prof.

That would be you with your constant hate-mongering.

If you put all that hatred and wasted energy into actually DOING what you said you would, and study scripture, then you might make something of your career.

Your false assessment is noted, imbecilic reprobate narcissist.

In the meantime...rage on!:guitar:

LOL. I'm not the one raging. I just pity you.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

You have no faith, and don't even know what it is. Nor do you know the actual Gospel of Paul, entrusted to him by God.

You're just another puffed-up hate mongering heretic and reprobate like Apple 7.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nope. Plenty of delineation of Theology Proper that you've neither read nor could understand because of your lack of salvific faith and your incessant hate-mongering drivel.

That would be you with your constant hate-mongering.

Your false assessment is noted, imbecilic reprobate narcissist.

LOL. I'm not the one raging. I just pity you.

You 'surely' have anger issues. It's obvious.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nope. And you don't even know what orge (anger) is, just like the overwhelming majority of alleged professing Believers.

Well, let's just put it this way, I know anger when I see/hear, and read
it. It's really quite obvious to the trained eye, ear, and reading
comprehension. It's pretty much self explanatory PPS.