Do I condemn trinttarians to some form of damnation? Not at all

oatmeal

Oatmeal, I think overall you are trying to do a good thing with this post. I think anyone who accepts Jesus with all their heart and who reads Scripture with an open heart can't really go wrong. Of course this is not always easy to do, as we too often see. I encourage you to continue to look to the Word of God on this issue, as I am encouraged to do by your post.

Thank you

Right Divider

Body part
Actually, again, you fail to take into account all the scriptures on a topic.

I was going to say I was surprised you would have forgotten Acts 2:34

34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

The Lord is telling the subordinate lord, my lord, what to do.

The Lord is greater than David's my lord.

God is The Lord, Jesus his son, is David's my lord.

Likewise, in verse 36, we read that God made Jesus both lord and Christ.

It does not say that Jesus was always lord and anointed. God did that for him. Jesus did not do that for himself

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

If you do not know how to look of verses on the same subject, please let me know, I can get you started on this wonderful journey

Jesus is BOTH God and man.

The Father calls the Son God.

Heb 1:8 KJV But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

The writer of Hebrews was quoting this:
Psa 45:6 KJV Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

I know that you've got a heretic spin for that one too.

So you believe that the LORD has FEET?

Zec 14:3-4 KJV Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. (4) And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

You should.

oatmeal

Jesus is BOTH God and man.

The Father calls the Son God.

The writer of Hebrews was quoting this:

I know that you've got a heretic spin for that one too.

So you believe that the LORD has FEET?

You should.

Evidently you are not aware of all the places besides Exodus 7:1 KJV that God refers to people, to humans as God or God's.

You can look them up for yourself. Trinitarians ignore those verses so I find it useless to provide them.

If you want truth you will look them up and adjust your threeology accordingly.

Right Divider

Body part
Evidently you are not aware of all the places besides Exodus 7:1 KJV that God refers to people, to humans as God or God's.
That's a wonderful attempt to blur everything and make real knowledge impossible. Well done!

There is ONE GOD... so the LORD calling Moses "a god TO PHARAOH" is obviously a figure a speech.

oatmeal

That's a wonderful attempt to blur everything and make real knowledge impossible. Well done!

There is ONE GOD... so the LORD calling Moses "a god TO PHARAOH" is obviously a figure a speech.

So what. the point is not to whom Moses is a god, but the truth that God made Moses a god.

Exodus 7:1

And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

A truth that trinitarians love to down play if not avoid entirely

So did you look up all the other places where God refers to humans as gods?

Please list them for the benefit of all who read your posts and mostly for yourself so that you see that it is not at all unusual for God to refer to humans as gods.

For that matter, it is not a figure of speech, God literally made Moses a god!

God is not wrong. Your definition of God or god needs revision to include truths like Exodus 7:1

Right Divider

Body part
So what. the point is not to whom Moses is a god, but the truth that God made Moses a god.

Exodus 7:1

And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.
The point absolutely is that the LORD said "a god TO PHARAOH".

Since you cannot understand figures of speech, understanding the Bible will remain out of your reach.

A truth that trinitarians love to down play if not avoid entirely

So did you look up all the other places where God refers to humans as gods?

Please list them for the benefit of all who read your posts and mostly for yourself so that you see that it is not at all unusual for God to refer to humans as gods.

For that matter, it is not a figure of speech, God literally made Moses a god!

God is not wrong. Your definition of God or god needs revision to include truths like Exodus 7:1
The Bible says that the LORD will put His FEET on the Mount of Olives. Why not just believe the Bible?

oatmeal

The point absolutely is that the LORD said "a god TO PHARAOH".

Since you cannot understand figures of speech, understanding the Bible will remain out of your reach.

The Bible says that the LORD will put His FEET on the Mount of Olives. Why not just believe the Bible?

That is not my point.

However if you wish to push your point that Moses is a God to pharaoh, that does not diminish the truth that God made Moses a God.

God states that He made Moses to be a God!

Why is that so hard for you to believe?

God forbid you would call God a liar!

Either God made Moses a god or He didnt

The Lord told Moses that He did

oatmeal

Oh my!

I misspelled trinitarians in the title

Well there are only two "t's" in trinitarians.

​​​​​​Oh well. There is only one true God. Trinitarians like to add two to make three Gods

Right Divider

Body part
That is not my point.

However if you wish to push your point that Moses is a God to pharaoh, that does not diminish the truth that God made Moses a God.

God states that He made Moses to be a God!
God also states that there is one LORD.

Deu 6:4 KJV Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
So, AGAIN, your inability to understand FIGURES OF SPEECH means that the Bible is far beyond your comprehension. Don't feel back, you're not alone.

Why is that so hard for you to believe?

God forbid you would call God a liar!
I never call God a liar, I leave that up to heretics like you.

Either God made Moses a god or He didnt

The Lord told Moses that He did
Figures of speech... look it up.

Also AGAIN, the Bible says that the LORD will place His FEET on the Mount of Olives. Why don't you believe that?

Zec 14:3-4 KJV Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. (4) And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Very plain, very clear... beyond your comprehension.

oatmeal

So, AGAIN, your inability to understand FIGURES OF SPEECH means that the Bible is far beyond your comprehension. Don't feel back, you're not alone.

I never call God a liar, I leave that up to heretics like you.

Figures of speech... look it up.

Also AGAIN, the Bible says that the LORD will place His FEET on the Mount of Olives. Why don't you believe that?

Very plain, very clear... beyond your comprehension.

Deu 6:4 KJV Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Yes, He does and that one Lord God is the God and Father of the lord Jesus Christ.

Why don't you remember that scripture also tells us in Acts 2:34 that scripture tells us that there are two Lords

For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

One of them is the Lord God who is the God and Father of His son, Jesus Christ.

The other lord is who David calls, "my lord" who is God's son. who is also lord but being the son is derived, subordinate and inferior to God his Father.

For that matter, why don't you remember that Paul states by revelation that there are gods many and lords many!

1 Corinthians 8:5
For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

So for you to quote only Deuteronomy 6:4 without taking the other verses into consideration is private interpretation at best, it is deceiving and being deceived at worst

Which one are you?

Oh, I see you resort to name calling again, a sure sign that you at rope's end as far as scriptural evidence and that mud slinging is your only tactic now, just as thread points out

there are gods many and lords many, that is not a figure of speech.

It is literally true.

However there is only one true God and that one true God is the God and Father of the lord Jesus Christ.

Lest you accuse me of ignoring your statement about

II John 3

Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

the lord Jesus Christ who is human and can only be at one place at one time, unlike God who is spirit and is everywhere present, Jesus will descend in the future at a time the Father only knows, and will put his feet on the mount of Olives.

Since God is everywhere, he is already everywhere and does not have to put his "feet", (you are correct about figures of speech, God is spirit, He has no feet, ) anywhere to be everywhere

Please calm down, your salvation is not dependent on you forcing scripture to say what you want it to say. Just read it and believe!

Right Divider

Body part
the lord Jesus Christ who is human and can only be at one place at one time, unlike God who is spirit and is everywhere present, Jesus will descend in the future at a time the Father only knows, and will put his feet on the mount of Olives.
The Bible says that it the LORD that will do that. You know ... the ONE LORD...

Zec 14:9 KJV And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Do you think that this ONE LORD is not the LORD GOD?

Youzzz crazy.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Whether or not scripture can be quoted to say those things, it is true nonetheless,

No phrase is true. Phrases are neither true nor false. So, if by your pronoun, "it", you are referring to a certain phrase, and asserting that said phrase "is true nonetheless", you're wrong.

Propositions are either true or false; phrases are neither true nor false.

unlike the unscriptural phrase, "God the Son" which contradicts the phrase, "son of God" which is found in scripture.

Only propositions are contradictory; phrases are not contradictory. No phrase is contradictory to any other phrase, and so, the phrase, 'God the Son', is not contradictory to the phrase, 'the Son of God'.

Also, the proposition, 'Jesus is God the Son', is not contradictory to the proposition, 'Jesus is the Son of God'. The proposition that is contradictory to 'Jesus is the Son of God' is the proposition, 'Jesus is not the Son of God'. And, of course, the proposition, 'Jesus is God the Son', is not the proposition, 'Jesus is not the Son of God'.

Nor is the proposition, 'Jesus is God the Son', even contrary to the proposition, 'Jesus is the Son of God'.

I'd love to see you try to come up with whatever you can, that you'd be willing to call a "reason" for your claim that both the propositions, 'Jesus is God the Son' and 'Jesus is the Son of God', cannot simultaneously be true. Have fun with that.

God the Son is the Son of God the Father.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Why don't you remember that scripture also tells us in Acts 2:34 that scripture tells us that there are two Lords

For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Where does Scripture tell us that there are two Lords? Acts 2:34, of course, does not tell us that there are two Lords.

oatmeal

The Bible says that it the LORD that will do that. You know ... the ONE LORD...

Do you think that this ONE LORD is not the LORD GOD?

Youzzz crazy.

So like I said, you willfully choose to ignore all the scripture that indicates that there are more than one lord referred to in scripture.

How can anyone say they understand scripture when they willfully ignore other scripture on the same topic?

You full well reject scripture the scripture that does not support your threeeology

Right Divider

Body part
So like I said, you willfully choose to ignore all the scripture that indicates that there are more than one lord referred to in scripture.
No, I don't.

How can anyone say they understand scripture when they willfully ignore other scripture on the same topic?

You full well reject scripture the scripture that does not support your threeeology
It does support it... you ignore it.

Christ is the creator of all things. Col 1:16

oatmeal

No phrase is true. Phrases are neither true nor false. So, if by your pronoun, "it", you are referring to a certain phrase, and asserting that said phrase "is true nonetheless", you're wrong.

Propositions are either true or false; phrases are neither true nor false.

Only propositions are contradictory; phrases are not contradictory. No phrase is contradictory to any other phrase, and so, the phrase, 'God the Son', is not contradictory to the phrase, 'the Son of God'.

Also, the proposition, 'Jesus is God the Son', is not contradictory to the proposition, 'Jesus is the Son of God'. The proposition that is contradictory to 'Jesus is the Son of God' is the proposition, 'Jesus is not the Son of God'. And, of course, the proposition, 'Jesus is God the Son', is not the proposition, 'Jesus is not the Son of God'.

Nor is the proposition, 'Jesus is God the Son', even contrary to the proposition, 'Jesus is the Son of God'.

I'd love to see you try to come up with whatever you can, that you'd be willing to call a "reason" for your claim that both the propositions, 'Jesus is God the Son' and 'Jesus is the Son of God', cannot simultaneously be true. Have fun with that.

God the Son is the Son of God the Father.

Who says that phrases are not true?

You?

Sorry, that is not acceptable as scriptural evidence.

Have you not read where Jesus stated in Matthew 5:18

Matthew 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Seems to me, as far as Jesus Christ is concerned, the jots and tittles in God's word are not only true but will be fulfilled.

The phase "God the Son" contradicts the clear meaning of the son of God.

Is Mary the mother of Jesus?

Does "son of Mary" mean the same thing as "Mary the son"?

The two phrases contradict each other.

No less does the two phrases, "son of God" and "God the Son"

For that matter, Jesus is never, described as "God the Son" in scripture, yet at last count, Jesus is referred to as the "son of God" about 68 times in scripture.

I accept what scriptures says about Jesus Christ.

oatmeal

Where does Scripture tell us that there are two Lords? Acts 2:34, of course, does not tell us that there are two Lords.

Read post 71.

The Lord in Acts 2:34 is clearly not the "my lord" in Acts 2:34. if you can count to two, there are two lords.

If you need further clarification and distinction please reread verse 34 and read 35 and 36 as well.

There are clearly two parties involved.

34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
Read post 71.

The Lord in Acts 2:34 is clearly not the "my lord" in Acts 2:34. if you can count to two, there are two lords.

If you need further clarification and distinction please reread verse 34 and read 35 and 36 as well.

There are clearly two parties involved.

35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

God and Man.... it's not that hard to understand if you don't have blinders on.

Reread Colossians 1 (or maybe it's your first time).

And will you ever believe Zechariah 14?