Do I condemn trinttarians to some form of damnation? Not at all

oatmeal

Some people, that is, some trinitarians, have suggested that those of us who believe in one God rather than three gods in one, condemn trinitarians to damnation or some such thing.
Not so.

Scripture does not say that.

I John 4:15

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

I am certain that many, if not most, trinitarians would freely confess that " Jesus is the Son of God,"

LIkewise,

I John 5

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

Again, I tend to believe that many, if not most trinitarians believe that "Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him."

Now, many trinitarians have condemned me to hell or such such place for not calling Jesus "God the Son" . Which he is not, Jesus is the son of God which, I would tend to think most trinitarians believe as well.

So why don't you follow Jesus example, and quit condemning, insulting, degrading my beliefs seeing that in some respects we believe the same thing?

Bradley D

Now, many trinitarians have condemned me to hell or such such place for not calling Jesus "God the Son" . Which he is not, Jesus is the son of God which, I would tend to think most trinitarians believe as well.

"God the Son" they have that backwards.

"Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony" (1 John 5:10).

oatmeal

Are you another one, like oatmeal, that denies the deity of Christ?

Let's keep in mind that scripture never, ever, not once refers to Jesus as "God the Son"

However, it does refer to Jesus Christ as the "son of God" about 68 times, at last count.

What is the scriptural description of Jesus Christ?

It is not "God the Son" but rather "the son of God"

Keep that in mind before jumping on anyone's case.

Bradley D

Are you denying the deity of Christ?

"We know Jesus was born of the Spirit of God by the virgin Mary. Therefore God's Son. Where is your scripture that has "God the Son."

Did you read what I wrote. Christ was fully divine and fully human. Christ is also the Son of God according to scripture. Christ sits on the right hand of God (Acts 2:33). Right hand being a place of honor. God the Father has given Christ the Holy Spirit to give to the believers (Acts 2:33). You have not given me any scripture yet for "God the Son."

oatmeal

"Son means male offspring" for animals, including humans. Do you think that God is an animal?

Really? Is that the best rebuttal you can come up with?

You prove the point of my op, trinitarians are prone to hate any opposition rather than go to scripture to find answers.

A son is a male offspring whether it be animal or human.

Right Divider

Body part
"We know Jesus was born of the Spirit of God by the virgin Mary. Therefore God's Son. Where is your scripture that has "God the Son."

Did you read what I wrote. Christ was fully divine and fully human. Christ is also the Son of God according to scripture. Christ sits on the right hand of God (Acts 2:33). Right hand being a place of honor. God the Father has given Christ the Holy Spirit to give to the believers (Acts 2:33). You have not given me any scripture yet for "God the Son."

Jesus existed before the creation of the world.

Joh 17:5 KJV And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Right Divider

Body part
Really? Is that the best rebuttal you can come up with?
It's a legitimate question based on what YOU said.

You prove the point of my op, trinitarians are prone to hate any opposition rather than go to scripture to find answers.

A son is a male offspring whether it be animal or human.
So you think that God is animal or human?

You are immune to scripture.

Joh 17:5 KJV And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Right Divider

Body part
I am sure it is.
As
If either of our opinions mattered

When we go the word of truth and rightly divide it then we have something.

Jesus is the son of God, not "God the Son"
Jesus was with His Father before creation.

Jesus is the Creator of ALL things. Col 1:15-18

Jesus did NOT "become" the Son of God.

oatmeal

In your opinion, yes, but not according to scripture. According to scripture, that is error.

That is called a straw man argument. or a false narrative.

I have in no way suggested that God is human, it is the trinitarian doctrine that teaches that God is human, or rather became human.

God is spirit, is what Jesus Christ taught, though it seems that matters little if nothing to trinitarians.

Was Jesus, who you claim to be God, spirit or human when he spoke those words?

Since, I do not believe trins can answer that one accurately, I will supply that answer, Jesus is not God but a human who was begotten of God as John 3:16 and other places indicate. He is not God, but the son of God.

Not at all, however, I have learned enough scripture to recognize the error of the trinitarian threeology