Direct assault on Satan (Evil's.<(I)> Naughty List)

God's Truth

I wonder why Paul took part of the ceremonial law here?:

"Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law. As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication. Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them" (Acts 21:24-25).​

Are we to believe that Paul preached one thing and then did another?

Besides that,why in the world would Paul say anything to the Gentiles about being saved apart from the "works" of the ceremonial law since they were never under the ceremonial law in the first place (Ro.2:14)?

As usual, those who deny that we are saved by grace through faith alone prove that they do not believe the very gospel which saves So they are unable to understand these simple things (1 Cor.2:14).

Jerry,

I will respond to what you say here, but first I want to ask you why you are not able to answer questions yourself?

jsanford108

I will come to your defense GT.

The only time is all of Scripture, the phrase "faith alone" can be found, it is preceded by the words "not by." (James 2:24)

Faith alone is a doctrine invented by Martin Luther. Faith, with works, is how we achieve and maintain salvation. Not works alone. Not faith alone. Faith with works.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

God's Truth

Paul says to imitate him. Do you think he was preaching the ceremonial law, or was he just trying to not get arrested by the Pharisees?

1 Corinthians 11:1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

So do you now see how your question and argument goes against Paul?

hahahahaha! Did Paul preach for us to do the ceremonial works?!!!

Did Paul make sure he was ceremonially clean when he went to the temple?!!!

You just accused Paul of being a hypocrite!

You in your refusal to admit the truth just slandered Paul!

You with your argument against the truth just did something you ought to know is wrong.

Besides that,why in the world would Paul say anything to the Gentiles about being saved apart from the "works" of the ceremonial law since they were never under the ceremonial law in the first place (Ro.2:14)?

The Gentiles KNEW THEY were SEPARATE and without God because of the ceremonial works/CIRCUMCISION!

Ephesians 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you who are Gentiles in the flesh and called uncircumcised by the so-called circumcision (that done in the body by human hands)— 12remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

As usual, those who deny that we are saved by grace through faith alone prove that they do not believe the very gospel which saves So they are unable to understand these simple things (1 Cor.2:14).

You are the one who does not understand.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
She keeps taking the focus off of Jesus and placing it back on herself.
GT doesn't have the faith in the blood of Christ.
She doesn't trust in the righteousness and obedience of the right one.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

GT keeps climbing up that cross to tell Jesus to scoot over and let her complete what He didn't.
Arrogant foolishness to the core.

God's Truth

The only time is all of Scripture, the phrase "faith alone" can be found, it is preceded by the words "not by." (James 2:24)

Faith alone is a doctrine invented by Martin Luther. Faith, with works, is how we achieve and maintain salvation. Not works alone. Not faith alone. Faith with works.

I am glad that you want to join the debate here. You are right about faith alone.

The only time ‘faith alone’ is mentioned in the Bible, it is to tell us what kind of faith not to have.
James 2:24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.
Faith alone without any right action does not save. Apostle James says such faith is DEAD.
Many denominations call that dead faith ‘saving faith’.

James 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
James tells us faith alone cannot save a man. See James 2:14.

That “dead faith” is NOT the most important kind of faith ever known.

Faith alone without works is dead. Our faith must be alive. Faith with obedience is living faith.
The works we do not have to do to justify ourselves is be circumcised, observe special days, and sacrifice animals. Those are the works that Paul is speaking about, but people misunderstand Paul to their destruction. What insanity it is to think Paul is rebuking people from obeying Jesus.
Peter tells us that people misunderstand Paul. Right after Peter says that, he warns us to obey. See 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

God's Truth

GT doesn't have the faith in the blood of Christ.
She doesn't trust in the righteousness and obedience of the right one.

You call people a filthy liar when they do to you what you just did to me.

I have faith in the blood of Jesus so stop saying I do not.

I have faith that Jesus' blood washed away all the sins I repented of doing.

GT keeps climbing up that cross to tell Jesus to scoot over and let her complete what He didn't.
Arrogant foolishness to the core.

Again, stop saying I am doing something I have not. You just recently accused another member here for being a filthy liar, yet you are doing the same thing.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Foolishness from another blood denier.

Romans 4:4-8 KJV
(4) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
(5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
(6) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
(7) Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
(8) Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

How many?
one
((((HINT: that one ain't you)))

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have faith in the blood of Jesus so stop saying I do not.
I will not stop telling the truth that you do not think Christ's perfect righteousness and obedience was enough, so you try to make up the difference.
His blood spilled at the cross was insufficient for you, so you try to make up the difference.
You have no faith in the shed blood or our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Your faith is to yourself.
You do not rely on the right one, and one only.

God's Truth

EvilEye,

Go back to my first question and answer it now please before I continue to show you more that you say that is wrong.

Again, deal with the first thing that I asked you.

Jesus tells us many times to obey.

According to you, anyone who preaches obedience is naughty and teaching a works salvation.

Is Jesus naughty according to you?

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

EvilEye, I have been responding to your thread, why won't you answer the question?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
EvilEye,

Go back to my first question and answer it now please before I continue to show you more that you say that is wrong.
ROFL!

Don't let her foolishness take you off track, [MENTION=18375]Evil.Eye.<(I)>[/MENTION]

She likes to take folks down rabbit-holes to distract from her foolish understanding of the scriptures.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
EvilEye,

ROFL!

Don't let her foolishness take you off track, [MENTION=18375]Evil.Eye.<(I)>[/MENTION]

She likes to take folks down rabbit-holes to distract from her foolish understanding of the scriptures.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Christian obedience is not a "work" but a Christian delight.

Christian obedience is a fruit of the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

Christian obedience is evidence of faithfulness, which is God's gift to the Christian.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Roman Catholics teach Christians are saved by faith plus observances and works.

That is not obedience to God's moral laws (Ten Commands).

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Paul says to imitate him.
Spoiler
Do you think he was preaching the ceremonial law, or was he just trying to not get arrested by the Pharisees?

1 Corinthians 11:1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

So do you now see how your question and argument goes against Paul?

hahahahaha! Did Paul preach for us to do the ceremonial works?!!!

Did Paul make sure he was ceremonially clean when he went to the temple?!!!

You just accused Paul of being a hypocrite!

You in your refusal to admit the truth just slandered Paul!

You with your argument against the truth just did something you ought to know is wrong.

The Gentiles KNEW THEY were SEPARATE and without God because of the ceremonial works/CIRCUMCISION!

Ephesians 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you who are Gentiles in the flesh and called uncircumcised by the so-called circumcision (that done in the body by human hands)— 12remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

You are the one who does not understand.
Spoiler

Deuteronomy 5 - Deuteronomy 31:26

Either you can fulfill it in full from birth to death...

Or you accept the "Bread from Heaven" and the free gift of God... Ephesians 2:8

No in-between!! Moses stands as an unbreakable force. The Mitzvah number 613... got it all locked in your brain GT? James 2:10

For you GT... note that I say the promise is fulfilled. The Jews are waiting for the return of the King of Kings... The Law is fulfilled but still stands. This is enough for now..

You're going to make point 4... lots of fun.

Some people misunderstand what James wrote in the second chapter of his epistle and what they mistakenly believe is directly contradicted by what he says in the first chapter:

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures"
(Jas.1:18).

That same truth is taught by Peter:

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God...And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you" (1 Pet.1:23,25).​

Of course those who do not believe "the gospel of grace" are incapable of understanding these things because to them they are foolishness (1 Cor.2:14).

"Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law. As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication. Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them" (Acts 21:24-25).​

Foolishness from another blood denier.

Romans 4:4-8 KJV
(4) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
(5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
(6) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
(7) Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
(8) Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

How many?
one
((((HINT: that one ain't you)))

I will not stop telling the truth that you do not think Christ's perfect righteousness and obedience was enough, so you try to make up the difference.
His blood spilled at the cross was insufficient for you, so you try to make up the difference.
You have no faith in the shed blood or our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Your faith is to yourself.
You do not rely on the right one, and one only.

EvilEye, I have been responding to your thread, why won't you answer the question?

Okay... [MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION]

You've had ample time to take in what every one has said to you...

I will tell you, via Jesus, exactly where you are in error...

Quote and question to come.

Quite the contrary...

John 6:26-27, 33, 41, 63; 6:29

Ephesians 2:8 ... do you believe it? Do you GT?

Focus on John 6:41 ...

Now... tell me what Jesus is saying... exegete for me... please.

God's Truth

[/spoiler]

Okay... [MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION]

You've had ample time to take in what every one has said to you...

I will tell you, via Jesus, exactly where you are in error...

Quote and question to come.

Would you stop doing that? Would you stop posting such long posts in the Spoiler?

You are merely copying and pasting.

I see that you refuse to answer the question.

Just say that next time instead of all this messing around.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Would you stop doing that? Would you stop posting such long posts in the Spoiler?

You are merely copying and pasting.

I see that you refuse to answer the question.

Just say that next time instead of all this messing around.

John 6:41

What Is Jesus saying? What does He mean? Please Exegete for me.

Why are the Jews Grumbling?

God's Truth

John 6:41

What Is Jesus saying? What does He mean? Please Exegete for me.

Jesus’ body is the bread, the bread from heaven, John 6:33. Matthew 4:4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.“

If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever, John 6:51. This bread is Jesus’ flesh, which he will give for the life of the world, John 6:53.

Unless we eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, we have no life in us. Jesus tells us the truth, if anyone obeys his word, he will never see death, John 8:51.

John 8:51 Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death."

When we believe in Jesus’ shed blood, we come into the blood covenant with God, Mark 14:24. We believe and this believing is as drinking his blood.

To obey Jesus, to do what the bread from heaven says, this is eating, this is eating the bread from heaven, and it is eating his flesh. Obeying Jesus’ word is equivalent to eating his flesh.

Luke 11:3 Give us each day our daily bread.

Jesus says for us to pray, give us each day our daily bread. That is having Jesus every day, his words, his teachings. We are to eat Jesus every day, which is to obey every day.

John 6:58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever.”

Did you hear what Jesus said? Jesus says he who “feeds on this bread.” That is not a onetime thing. We are to eat every day. We are to obey every day.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Jesus’ body is the bread, the bread from heaven, John 6:33. Matthew 4:4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.“

If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever, John 6:51. This bread is Jesus’ flesh, which he will give for the life of the world, John 6:53.

Unless we eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, we have no life in us. Jesus tells us the truth, if anyone obeys his word, he will never see death, John 8:51.

John 8:51 Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death."

When we believe in Jesus’ shed blood, we come into the blood covenant with God, Mark 14:24. We believe and this believing is as drinking his blood.

To obey Jesus, to do what the bread from heaven says, this is eating, this is eating the bread from heaven, and it is eating his flesh. Obeying Jesus’ word is equivalent to eating his flesh.

Luke 11:3 Give us each day our daily bread.

Jesus says for us to pray, give us each day our daily bread. That is having Jesus every day, his words, his teachings. We are to eat Jesus every day, which is to obey every day.

John 6:58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever.”

Did you hear what Jesus said? Jesus says he who “feeds on this bread.” That is not a onetime thing. We are to eat every day. We are to obey every day.

Beautiful!!!!!!

Now please tell me the same matter on John 6:63.

Please exegete this matter.