Did Jesus Defeat Sin, Death and the Devil?

beloved57

The Bible refutes you.

"So then faith comes by HEARING and hearing by the word of God (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

You must hear and believe before God gives you faith and the Holy Spirit, Galatians 3:2.

You have a lot of problems with the Bible. There are many scriptures that you cannot believe and accept. You apparently think that something is wrong with the Bible. I can accept all scripture even the ones that you quote, I see everything in the light of the Gospel and not in Calvinism. In the light of Christ and his Gospel the Bible is crystal clear.

One must be born of God to hear God's words Jn 8:47!

beloved57

There's a big problem with your exegesis of that scripture!

For If all of humanity were drawn to Christ, and that it was God's will that all of humanity would come to Christ, why then are there many who will end up in the lake of fire Rev. 21:8?

According to you, that would be contrary to God's Will! And scripture declares He doeth all things according to His Will Dan. 4:35.

But the Truth is that the 'All Men" that are drawn to Christ are only those He specifically died for, His Church Eph. 5:25, His People Mat. 1:21; His Sheep John 10:11, 15.

But the rest of humanity are cursed goats, sons of the wicked one Mat.13:38-39; 25:41!

~~~~~

Amen Sister!

beloved57

Pate

I see everything in the light of the Gospel and not in Calvinism

Impossible, you teach that people Christ died for are going to perish in their sins which is dishonoring to the Gospel!

Robert Pate

Banned
The real problem with Calvinism.

The real problem with Calvinism is that it makes God unjust. If God predestinated one soul to hell before the foundation of the world he would be unjust. If he is unjust then he is a sinner. if he is a sinner then who can trust him?

The whole thing is of the devil. It causes people to lose faith in God's character.

It is not humanly possible to have saving faith in a God that damns people to hell before they are born.

Instead of calling it Calvinism it should be called Satanism.

beloved57

The real problem with Calvinism.

The real problem with Calvinism is that it makes God unjust. If God predestinated one soul to hell before the foundation of the world he would be unjust. If he is unjust then he is a sinner. if he is a sinner then who can trust him?

The whole thing is of the devil. It causes people to lose faith in God's character.

It is not humanly possible to have saving faith in a God that damns people to hell before they are born.

Instead of calling it Calvinism it should be called Satanism.

Pateism makes God unjust. Punishes them for whom He punished Christ for.

Also God will be punishing the Righteous, made so by Christ obedience unto death Rom 5:19.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It says "All people".

People definition: human beings in general or considered collectively.

The elect are a subgroup within 'all people' who will be saved.
You all pretend like the Bible doesn't literally come out with the elect, whom God preordained.

There's a term you should become familiar with:

Legal fiction- an assertion accepted as true, though probably fictitious, to achieve a particular goal in a legal matter

Robert Pate

Banned
The elect are a subgroup within 'all people' who will be saved.
You all pretend like the Bible doesn't literally come out with the elect, whom God preordained.

There's a term you should become familiar with:

Legal fiction- an assertion accepted as true, though probably fictitious, to achieve a particular goal in a legal matter

There are no elect that God has predestinated to salvation.

God is no respecter of persons. Everything that God does, he does in, by and through Jesus Christ.

Everything that God does he does corporately. Not individually. By one man all became sinners, Romans 5:12

By one man all become righteous, Romans 5:19. If they believe.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
There are no elect that God has predestinated to salvation

What absolute twaddle, you impossible moron :doh:

Romans 9:15
For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Romans 11:1-2
I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew

Genesis 18:19
"For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing righteousness and justice, so that the LORD may bring upon Abraham what He has spoken about him."

The entire Bible is Calvinist- and not only that, it's anti-your nonsense.
Let it sink in- Reformed belief is the true belief :wave2:

beloved57

God is no respecter of persons. Everything that God does, he does in, by and through Jesus Christ.

Everything that God does he does corporately. Not individually. By one man all became sinners, Romans 5:12

False teaching. By the obedience of one, many are made righteous Rom 5:19!

Robert Pate

Banned
What absolute twaddle, you impossible moron :doh:

Romans 9:15
For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Romans 11:1-2
I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew

Genesis 18:19
"For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing righteousness and justice, so that the LORD may bring upon Abraham what He has spoken about him."

The entire Bible is Calvinist- and not only that, it's anti-your nonsense.
Let it sink in- Reformed belief is the true belief :wave2:

Maybe in the judgment you can plead ignorance and get off.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

To play the devil's advocate, what about this verse?

Ephesians 1:11 New International Version (NIV)

11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,

Robert Pate

Banned
To play the devil's advocate, what about this verse?

Ephesians 1:11 New International Version (NIV)

11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,

God has chosen all of humanity in Jesus Christ. That is why the scripture says, "In Him", just like Ephesians 1:4, where it says, "According as he has chosen us in him before the foundation of the world". Jesus Christ is God's new Adam and our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17. As far as God is concerned Jesus Christ has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15. All who have faith in Christ and his Gospel are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

Lilstu

1 Peter 5:8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Robert Pate

Banned
1 Peter 5:8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

That is some very good scripture. Now tell us who is the someone that the devil has devoured?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You poor blind unbelieving fools.

Jesus in heaven means that he has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Hebrews 1:3.

You should say. "You will have to face tribulations then/ He is not a fool, he is Jewish, never claims to be a Christian.

Robert Pate

Banned
You do not have the last word on theology. Even if you think you are the great teacher, you do not know all that much. Sorry.

I am not a great teacher. I only made it to the 8th grade in school, had to drop out to support myself.

But I have had the opportunity to read some of the writings of the most prominent Christian scholars of our day that believed the Gospel and justification by faith apart from the works of the law. They all had one thing in common, they were all anti-religion.