Did Jesus Defeat Sin, Death and the Devil?

beloved57

Only because like you, they have not received the truth of the Gospel, John 1:12.

Those Christ died for are saved by His death while they are enemies and rebellious Rom 5:10, so you teach salvation by what the sinner does, and not by what Christ died alone !

Nanja

Those Christ died for are saved by His death while they are enemies and rebellious Rom 5:10, so you teach salvation by what the sinner does, and not by what Christ died alone !

Exactly, nothing else is required to be done by these reconciled ones.
They were Justified, made Righteous by Christ's Obedience alone on their behalf Rom 5:19; Rom. 4:8!

~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Exactly, nothing else is required to be done by these reconciled ones.
They were Justified, made Righteous by Christ's Obedience alone on their behalf Rom 5:19; Rom. 4:8!

~~~~

You must receive what Christ has done, by faith, or nothing is yours.

Robert Pate

Banned
He is Born of God and was Chosen to Believe the Truth 2 Thes. 2:13.

But those like you who wrest / twist the scriptures to your demise 2 Pet. 3:16,
are not Born of God, therefore you cannot receive anything from God Rom. 8:8.

~~~~

You cannot be born of God without hearing and believing the Gospel.

Hawkins

Jesus did not defeat sin because sin is still around and present in the life of every one as it was even in the life of Jesus while he was alive. Now, death, which has defeated every one else, it did also Jesus. Evidence is that Jesus also died. Last but not least, there has never been a Devil as a being to be defeated. Since it is just a term to illustrate the evil inclination in man, only death can defeat it.

Adam sinned, that's why he was driven out of God's realm and was put to earth where Satan co-exists. We sinned however we can enter heaven. We can because Jesus Christ defeated sin.

No wonder you don't understand what the Bible says because you can't even grasp the meaning of the word "defeat".

Ben Masada

Adam sinned, that's why he was driven out of God's realm and was put to earth where Satan co-exists. We sinned however we can enter heaven. We can because Jesus Christ defeated sin.

No wonder you don't understand what the Bible says because you can't even grasp the meaning of the word "defeat".

Adam did not sin; at least not in the Garden of Eden. How could it be a sin to reach for knowledge? Rather the opposite is true if you read Hosea 4:6.

Satan does exist on earth but as a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man. How could have Jesus defeated sin if sin has grown on a double many times since Jesus died from before he was born? So the claim that Jesus defeated sin is a delusion bordering on Christian preconceived notions.

Ben Masada

We should keep in mind that Jesus died so that we don't have to suffer a second death.

Jesus is the head of his house and he sets the house rules: don't steal, don't murder, etc.

And he is a stickler for his day of rest.

Now, I understand better why he warned us to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

Nanja

You cannot be born of God without hearing and believing the Gospel.

Correction. The scriptures declare otherwise!

A spiritually dead person cannot hear God's Words which are Spiritual 1 Cor. 2:13;

Cannot Hear and Believe the Gospel until and unless God has first given them New Birth John 3:27.

Faith / Belief is a fruit and effect of being Born of the Spirit of God Gal. 5:22.

John 8:47
He that is of God heareth God's words:
ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

1 Cor. 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

~~~~

Nanja

You must receive what Christ has done, by faith, or nothing is yours.

That's the epitome of works salvation Eph 2:9, giving credit to the flesh!

The receiving one does, and the faith he exercises before being Born of the Spirit / Born Again, are nothing but filthy rags in God's sight Rom. 8:8; Is. 64:6.

~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Correction. The scriptures declare otherwise!

A spiritually dead person cannot hear God's Words which are Spiritual 1 Cor. 2:13;

Cannot Hear and Believe the Gospel until and unless God has first given them New Birth John 3:27.

Faith / Belief is a fruit and effect of being Born of the Spirit of God Gal. 5:22.

John 8:47
He that is of God heareth God's words:
ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

1 Cor. 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

~~~~

The Bible refutes you.

"So then faith comes by HEARING and hearing by the word of God (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

You must hear and believe before God gives you faith and the Holy Spirit, Galatians 3:2.

You have a lot of problems with the Bible. There are many scriptures that you cannot believe and accept. You apparently think that something is wrong with the Bible. I can accept all scripture even the ones that you quote, I see everything in the light of the Gospel and not in Calvinism. In the light of Christ and his Gospel the Bible is crystal clear.

Robert Pate

Banned
That's the epitome of works salvation Eph 2:9, giving credit to the flesh!

The receiving one does, and the faith he exercises before being Born of the Spirit / Born Again, are nothing but filthy rags in God's sight Rom. 8:8; Is. 64:6.

~~~~

No one can earn or merit their salvation, regardless of what they do.

Jesus is the savior and he saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25. But you must come to Christ like the scripture says.

Nanja

No one can earn or merit their salvation, regardless of what they do.

Jesus is the savior and he saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25. But you must come to Christ like the scripture says.

Those that come to Christ are those that the Father draws to Christ:

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

You see, there's no free will of man here, but those exclusively whom God's Wills!

James 1:17-18
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

~~~~

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Those that come to Christ are those that the Father draws to Christ:

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

You see, there's no free will of man here, but those exclusively whom God's Wills!

James 1:17-18
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

~~~~
That's great !!! Because Jesus draws ALL men to Himself !!! And God wills ALL to be saved !!!

John 12:32 NIV -

Nanja

The Bible refutes you.

"So then faith comes by HEARING and hearing by the word of God (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

You must hear and believe before God gives you faith and the Holy Spirit, Galatians 3:2.

You have a lot of problems with the Bible. There are many scriptures that you cannot believe and accept. You apparently think that something is wrong with the Bible. I can accept all scripture even the ones that you quote, I see everything in the light of the Gospel and not in Calvinism. In the light of Christ and his Gospel the Bible is crystal clear.

Before anyone can Hear in order to Believe, they must be Born of of God!

John 8:43, 47
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

~~~~

Nanja

That's great !!! Because Jesus draws ALL men to Himself !!! And God wills ALL to be saved !!!

John 12:32 NIV -

There's a big problem with your exegesis of that scripture!

For If all of humanity were drawn to Christ, and that it was God's will that all of humanity would come to Christ, why then are there many who will end up in the lake of fire Rev. 21:8?

According to you, that would be contrary to God's Will! And scripture declares He doeth all things according to His Will Dan. 4:35.

But the Truth is that the 'All Men" that are drawn to Christ are only those He specifically died for, His Church Eph. 5:25, His People Mat. 1:21; His Sheep John 10:11, 15.

But the rest of humanity are cursed goats, sons of the wicked one Mat.13:38-39; 25:41!

~~~~~