Did Jesus Defeat Sin, Death and the Devil?

Robert Pate

Banned
I know you can't, but that's what you teach, salvation by works/keeping the law!

What law? The law has been fulfilled and abolished by Christ. I couldn't do the law if I wanted to, for the Christian there are no laws.

You know 0 about the Gospel.

beloved57

What law? The law has been fulfilled and abolished by Christ. I couldn't do the law if I wanted to, for the Christian there are no laws.

You know 0 about the Gospel.

Any condition you stipulate is the Law. You teach that sinners must do something to get saved, even if Christ died for them!

Lilstu

I know you can't, but that's what you teach, salvation by works/keeping the law!

What did Jesus say?

Matthew 19:16-17
And someone came to Him and said, “Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?” 17 And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

Luke 19:8-10
8 Zaccheus stopped and said to the Lord, “Behold, Lord, half of my possessions I will give to the poor, and if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I will give back four times as much.” 9 And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because he, too, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”

John 5:28-29
Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29 and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Luke 10:25-28
And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 And He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?” 27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” 28 And He said to him, “You have answered correctly; do this and you will live.”

Robert Pate

Banned
Any condition you stipulate is the Law. You teach that sinners must do something to get saved, even if Christ died for them!

You are so blind.

Jesus said, That if you don't believe in him you will perish, John 3:16.

You appear to be determined to go to hell.

Robert Pate

Banned
What did Jesus say?

And someone came to Him and said, “Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?” 17 And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

8 Zaccheus stopped and said to the Lord, “Behold, Lord, half of my possessions I will give to the poor, and if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I will give back four times as much.” 9 And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because he, too, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”

Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29 and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 And He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?” 27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” 28 And He said to him, “You have answered correctly; do this and you will live.”

That was the law that Jesus said to him.

Jesus was trying to show him that he was a sinner and needed a savior.

No one can love their neighbor like themselves.

Lilstu

That was the law that Jesus said to him.

Jesus was trying to show him that he was a sinner and needed a savior.

No one can love their neighbor like themselves.

Here's a list of people who are called "just" or "righteous" in the Bible:

Matthew 1:19 (Joseph)
Luke 2:25 (Simeon)
Luke 23:50 (Joseph of Arimathea)
Matthew 13:17 (many righteous men)
Luke 1:6 (Elizabeth and Zechariah)
2 Peter 2:7 (Lot)
Job 1:1, 1:8, and 2:3 (Job)
Mark 6:20 (John the Baptist)
Hebrews 11:4 (Abel)
Genesis 6:9 (Noah)

Moses said that men could "keep' the Law.

beloved57

What did Jesus say?

Did Jesus perfectly obey the Law of God while He was here on Earth ?

Robert Pate

Banned

I suppose that you are going to tell Jesus that he didn't know what he was talking about when he said, "Whosoever that believes in me should not perish but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

Nanja

I have forgotten more about the Gospel than you will ever know.

How can that be?

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

You're still lost!

2 Cor. 4:3-4
3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
How can that be?

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

You're still lost!

2 Cor. 4:3-4
3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

~~~~

I heard the Gospel and I believed.

At that moment I was born again and became a child of God. Fully and completely reconciled to God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

All that Jesus did in his life, death and resurrection became mine, I became complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

In Jesus Christ I have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30 and have been made to sit in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6.

How about you?

beloved57

I suppose that you are going to tell Jesus that he didn't know what he was talking about when he said, "Whosoever that believes in me should not perish but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

Law preacher. Either do or die! You are indebted to do the whole law! And Paul wrote

Gal 3:10

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

beloved57

At that moment I was born again and became a child of God. Fully and completely reconciled to God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

All that Jesus did in his life, death and resurrection became mine, I became complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

In Jesus Christ I have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30 and have been made to sit in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6.

How about you?

You teach contrary to the Gospel, teaching that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins. That is not the Gospel.

Nanja

You persistently preach a perverted gospel of works of the flesh a person does to get himself saved.

How about you?

Salvation is all God's Action in His Elect, and every one of them shall Believe the Truth because they were Chosen to it 2 Thes. 2:13.

But a spiritually dead man can't hear or believe the Gospel which is God's Words John 8:47, and nothing he does can please God Rom. 8:8!

So only once I received New Birth passively by the Power of God Ps. 110:3, was I Made able to Hear and Believe the Gospel of God's Grace.

~~~~

beloved57

You persistently preach a perverted gospel of works of the flesh a person does to get himself saved.

Salvation is all God's Action in His Elect, and every one of them shall Believe the Truth because they were Chosen to it 2 Thes. 2:13.

But a spiritually dead man can't hear or believe the Gospel which is God's Words John 8:47, and nothing he does can please God Rom. 8:8!

So only once I received New Birth passively by the Power of God Ps. 110:3, was I Made able to Hear and Believe the Gospel of God's Grace.

~~~~

Amen Sister, sound testimony!

Robert Pate

Banned

~~~~

The only one that was chosen from the beginning was Jesus Christ.

Peter said, "God is no respecter of persons".

If you don't come to Christ as a repentant sinner trusting him to save you, you will perish.

beloved57

The only one that was chosen from the beginning was Jesus Christ.

Peter said, "God is no respecter of persons".

If you don't come to Christ as a repentant sinner trusting him to save you, you will perish.

Invalid comment not found in scripture! Also promoting legalism !