Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That is also what Jesus would say to show that his power was the same as God's power, if Jesus was God in the flesh. Is God in the flesh going to say that he does things apart from the power of God in heaven?

How many times do I have to tell you that Jesus' cannot do anything on His own? I already showed you the verses about it.

Open your eyes, friend.

blessings.

Right Divider

Body part
How many times do I have to tell you that Jesus' cannot do anything on His own? I already showed you the verses about it.

Open your eyes, friend.

blessings.
How many times do I have to tell you that Jesus created ALL THINGS?

Joh 1:1-3 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (2) The same was in the beginning with God. (3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Get some new glasses so that you can read the Word of God.

john w

Hall of Fame

Open your eyes, friend.

blessings.
John 5 KJV
19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Nice post a verse in isolation. Regardless-the above verse states, in no uncertain terms, that the Lord Jesus Christ cannot do anything, that God the Father wouldn’t do. Thus, the Lord Jesus Christ cannot sin, unless you are going to argue that God the Father can sin. The details of the book, a book of details: Note that the Lord Jesus Christ did not say "He should not," or "He didn't." He said He does only what God the Father does. And if the Lord Jesus Christ could not sin, that proves He was no mere human being; it proves that He is both God, and man. Only God cannot sin.

QED.

Good day to you, sir.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
John 5 KJV
19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Nice post a verse in isolation. Regardless-the above verse states, in no uncertain terms, that the Lord Jesus Christ cannot do anything, that God the Father wouldn’t do. Thus, the Lord Jesus Christ cannot sin, unless you are going to argue that God the Father can sin. The details of the book, a book of details: Note that the Lord Jesus Christ did not say "He should not," or "He didn't." He said He does only what God the Father does. And if the Lord Jesus Christ could not sin, that proves He was no mere human being; it proves that He is both God, and man. Only God cannot sin.

QED.

Good day to you, sir.

Look at the verse I provided.

Your reasonings are twisted to suit your doctrine.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The gospel tells us that Jesus created everything that was created.

The Father of Jesus created all things.

The Father who alone is God the Creator, Rev.chs 4 and 5 overshadowed Mary and that which was born of her is the son of God.

Luke 1:35

It seems most do not believe the record God has given in the scriptures, that God has raised up a man (our King) through His Word in whom the Creator now dwells in His fullness.

LA

meshak

BANNED
Banned

The Father who alone is God the Creator, Rev.chs 4 and 5 overshadowed Mary and that which was born of her is the son of God.

It seems most do not believe the record God has given in the scriptures, that God has raised up a man (our King) through His Word in whom the Creator now dwells in His fullness.

LA

welcome back:)

Rosenritter

Open your eyes, friend.

blessings.

Rosenritter does not do anything on his own either. How does that prove that he's a different individual than Andrew?

Rosenritter

LA

So Meshak acknoiwledges that Jesus created all things, and you tell me that God alone created all things. At least in this I find myself able to agree with both of you.

Rosenritter

God created Jesus before He gave Jesus privilege to create the rest of the universe.

You see I have all those in verses. So you have to be patient to read I provide.

more to come.

Isaiah 37:16 KJV
(16) O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.

If Jesus created the universe, and we are told that the LORD of hosts alone made the heaven and the earth, what does that say about Jesus?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So Meshak acknoiwledges that Jesus created all things, and you tell me that God alone created all things. At least in this I find myself able to agree with both of you.

Almost if you believe only the Father is God as Jesus has said--

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

What is so difficult to believe about these verses--

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Isaiah 37:16 KJV
(16) O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.

If Jesus created the universe, and we are told that the LORD of hosts alone made the heaven and the earth, what does that say about Jesus?

The words "through" and "by' are not understood by many.

jesus was not even born at the time of the Father creating all things.

LA

meshak

BANNED
Banned

I am completely in agreement with LA regarding His Father is the only true God.

I am super busy with my yard work.

Please read all the verses He gives.

john w

Hall of Fame

Look at the verse I provided.

Your reasonings are twisted to suit your doctrine.

Translation: Side stepping, sound bytes, misdirection, move the goal posts, evasion, create a moving target, change the subject, as Cousin It spams "Your reasonings are twisted to suit your doctrine," "well, that is just your opinion," for the 666th time, this year.

You're a pathetic, confused troll.

Please look at the 345 verses I provided, over the years.

See how that works, irrelevant troll?

Rosenritter

Almost if you believe only the Father is God as Jesus has said--

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

What is so difficult to believe about these verses--

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
LA

Are you actually asking a question? Because so often these posts are merely posturing. Because Jesus Christ also called himself the Son of God, which is identified as being God, the same God that is also called Creator, which is the same Father that Jesus referenced in heaven. Nothing hard to believe, unless perhaps someone has a mental block that prevents them from believing that God is big enough to occupy both heaven and earth at the same time.

I suspect that you (and Meshak) might have that block.

Rosenritter

I am completely in agreement with LA regarding His Father is the only true God.

I am super busy with my yard work.

Please read all the verses He gives.

You and Lazy are in complete disagreement concerning the nature of Jesus. You understand Jesus as a god (or perhaps one of two Gods, one of two Creators) and he seems to attribute Jesus as a mortal man that did not exist until he was conceived and born of Mary.

John 8:57-58 KJV
(57) Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
(58) Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

I'd say that you're a lot closer than Lazy. We just need to get to there being One God and One Creator (rather than two.)

john w

Hall of Fame
The words "through" and "by' are not understood by many.

jesus was not even born at the time of the Father creating all things.

LA

Show us in the OT, where "God the Father" was cited as creating all things. Do be a dear.

Psalm 2:12 KJV

Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Proverbs 30:4 KJV

Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended?who hath gathered the wind in his fists?who hath bound the waters in a garment?who hath established all the ends of the earth?what is his name, and what is his son’s name,if thou canst tell?

Micah 5:1-3 KJV
1 Now gather thyself in troops, O daughter of troops:he hath laid siege against us:they shall smite the judge of Israel with a rod upon the cheek.2 But thou, Beth-lehem Ephratah,though thou be little among the thousands of Judah,yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel;whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.3 Therefore will he give them up,until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth:then the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel.

Rosenritter

Show us in the OT, where "God the Father" was cited as creating all things. Do be a dear.

Psalm 2:12 KJV

Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Proverbs 30:4 KJV

Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended?who hath gathered the wind in his fists?who hath bound the waters in a garment?who hath established all the ends of the earth?what is his name, and what is his son’s name,if thou canst tell?

Micah 5:1-3 KJV
1 Now gather thyself in troops, O daughter of troops:he hath laid siege against us:they shall smite the judge of Israel with a rod upon the cheek.2 But thou, Beth-lehem Ephratah,though thou be little among the thousands of Judah,yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel;whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.3 Therefore will he give them up,until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth:then the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel.

How about even finding a clear Old Testament reference to "God the Father" or "Father" as a clear title rather than an adjective? Isaiah 9:6 seems to be the closest to using that word as a title and that attributes the title as belonging to the Christ child.

Isaiah 9:6 KJV
(6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

... which I understand as being a not entirely fitting for strict Trinity doctrine, with its proclamations of "the Son is not the Father" and so forth.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
EDIT: I see Saint John W already posted this one...

How about even finding a clear Old Testament reference to "God the Father" or "Father" as a clear title rather than an adjective? Isaiah 9:6 seems to be the closest to using that word as a title and that attributes the title as belonging to the Christ child.

Isaiah 9:6 KJV
(6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

... which I understand as being a not entirely fitting for strict Trinity doctrine, with its proclamations of "the Son is not the Father" and so forth.

The words of Agur the son of Jakeh, his utterance. This man declared to Ithiel—to Ithiel and Ucal:
Surely I am more stupid than any man, And do not have the understanding of a man.
I neither learned wisdom Nor have knowledge of the Holy One.
Who has ascended into heaven, or descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name, and what is His Son’s name, If you know?Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.
Do not add to His words, Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.​
- Proverbs 30:1-6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs30:1-6&version=NKJV

Status
Not open for further replies.