Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I haven't said a thing about a Trinity (and I'd rather not.) It doesn't seem as if you're actually reading the words on the page here. Are you able to put aside this "Trinity" fixation and keep to the topic of the identity of God and Christ from scripture?

Triune God is the same as trinity.

What denomination are you?

BTW, are you sure you will read all what I have to say?

If not, I don't play debating game.

I just make statements of my beliefs for the public to see.

blessings.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I haven't said a thing about a Trinity (and I'd rather not.) It doesn't seem as if you're actually reading the words on the page here. Are you able to put aside this "Trinity" fixation and keep to the topic of the identity of God and Christ from scripture?

Ok, this is my first one:

Isa 42:1-8 Behold, My servant, whom I uphold; My chosen, in whom My soul delighteth: I have put My Spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.
2 He will not cry, nor lift up his voice, nor cause it to be heard in the street.
3 A bruised reed will he not break, and a dimly burning wick will he not quench: he will bring forth justice in truth.
4 He will not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set justice in the earth; and the isles shall wait for his law.
5 Thus saith God Jehovah, He that created the heavens, and stretched them forth; He that spread abroad the earth and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
6 I, Jehovah, have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thy hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
7 to open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison-house.
8 I am Jehovah, that is My name; and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise unto graven images.

Matt 12:15-21 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;
16 And charged them that they should not make him known:
17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
18 Behold My servant, whom I have chosen; My beloved, in whom My soul is well pleased: I will put My spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
19 He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

Jesus is God's faithful servant.

Rosenritter

Triune God is the same as trinity.

Did I ever say anything about a "Triune" God? Regardless, I would want to know what someone meant by the term before affirming or denying its application.

What denomination are you?

I identify with those that are Christians, love their God in faith and likewise obey his commandment to love one another. I most recently have fellowship with our local Lutheran church, but I am not Lutheran or of any particular denomination.

BTW, are you sure you will read all what I have to say?

If not, I don't play debating game.

I just make statements of my beliefs for the public to see.

blessings.

I am not going to buy books and I am not going to promise to read contents of web links, but I would try to fairly read and respond to anything you might say here. And this isn't about debating, I wouldn't mind speaking by private message if it promises to be more productive.

Rosenritter

Ok, this is my first one:

Jesus is God's faithful servant.

My right hand also faithfully serves my whole body. It doesn't mean that my right hand has a separate independent existence from my head. We can agree that Jesus was the prophesied servant of Isaiah 42:1, but it doesn't speak to the topic of the ultimate identity of Jesus as our true God and Creator.

Genesis 1:1 KJV
(1) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

John 1:10-12 KJV
(10) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
(11) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
(12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Jesus was he that was in the world, and made the world, and he who created the world is God.

John 1:1-3 KJV
(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(2) The same was in the beginning with God.
(3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
My right hand also faithfully serves my whole body. It doesn't mean that my right hand has a separate independent existence from my head. We can agree that Jesus was the prophesied servant of Isaiah 42:1, but it doesn't speak to the topic of the ultimate identity of Jesus as our true God and Creator.

Genesis 1:1 KJV

John 1:10-12 KJV
(10) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
(11) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
(12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Jesus was he that was in the world, and made the world, and he who created the world is God.

(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

It seems that you are not reading, but I will continue.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
here is more, Rosen:

2)Mark 13:32 (New International Version)
32"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

John 3
36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 5:19 (New International Version)
19Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.
20For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

John 8:28-29 (New International Version)
28So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. 29The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him."

John 10:29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

John 13:16
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

John 14:28
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

John 17
1After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. 5And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

1 John 5:9 (King James Version)
9If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

Acts 4:30 (New International Version)
30Stretch out your hand to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus."

John 20:17
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, "I a returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.""

Revelation 20
1And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.
4I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge.

Rosenritter

here is more, Rosen:

2)Mark 13:32 (New International Version)
32"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

John 3
36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 5:19 (New International Version)
19Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.
20For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

John 8:28-29 (New International Version)
28So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. 29The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him."

John 10:29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

John 13:16
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

John 14:28
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

John 17
1After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. 5And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

1 John 5:9 (King James Version)
9If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

Acts 4:30 (New International Version)
30Stretch out your hand to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus."

John 20:17
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, "I a returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.""

Revelation 20
1And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.
4I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge.

1. You need to say what you think the significance of each passage to this topic. I cannot read your mind nor should I attempt to guess what you are thinking. Perhaps the most important part if getting you to state your assumptions openly so that they can be fairly tested.

If I have to guess at what you are thinking, I then run the risk of making up a flawed argument on your behalf followed by immediately knocking it down. That's a "straw man" argumentative fallacy. So please, say what you mean the way you mean it.

2. Is there a reason why you are alternating between the King James and the NIV? I already accept the KJV as authoritative.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I didn't catch your response to that thread branch. Can we agree that the Creator of all things is God Almighty? I think it is fair to ask if that standard is in dispute.

Of course He is but I know what you are getting at.

Everything is created through God's beloved Son.

God is the source of everything, even the Christ, the Son of living God. Jesus says so abundantly, He cannot do anything on His own.

BTW, I usually use NIV but I use KJV when the responder demands it. I kept all the verses regarding God and Jesus' identity when I read the Bible.

I have many more, are you up to it? Are you reading them?

I hope you are.

Right Divider

Body part

God is the source of everything, even the Christ, the Son of living God. Jesus says so abundantly, He cannot do anything on His own.

BTW, I usually use NIV but I use KJV when the responder demands it. I kept all the verses regarding God and Jesus' identity when I read the Bible.

I hope you are.
Thanks meshak #2

If the beloved Son created ALL THINGS... .then He is God.

Rosenritter

I hope you are.

I am having difficulty understanding what you mean by your agreement that "the Creator of all things is God Almighty." Either God did create the heavens and the earth, or someone else created the heavens and the earth (another god, or Gods, or angels, either as a contractor or proxy?)

Genesis 1:1-3 KJV
(2) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
(3) And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

So when you read Genesis above, do you understand that meaning that God literally created the heaven and the earth, and that he created light with his word ? Or is he asking someone else to create the light, and that being creates the light?

I am focusing on this right now because this has the potential to be a very clear standard.

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I am having difficulty understanding what you mean by your agreement that "the Creator of all things is God Almighty." Either God did create the heavens and the earth, or someone else created the heavens and the earth (another god, or Gods, or angels, either as a contractor or proxy?)

Genesis 1:1-3 KJV
(2) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
(3) And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

So when you read Genesis above, do you understand that meaning that God literally created the heaven and the earth, and that he created light with his word ? Or is he asking someone else to create the light, and that being creates the light?

I am focusing on this right now because this has the potential to be a very clear standard.

John 1:1-3 KJV(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

It is easy to understand for me. If you don't, I don't think you will accept anything no matter what I bring any scriptural reasonings.

Are you still up to read more?

Rosenritter

It is easy to understand for me. If you don't, I don't think you will accept anything no matter what I bring any scriptural reasonings.

Are you still up to read more?

Are you asking me to guess what you are thinking? OK, I am going to guess, that you think that there is a God and he created a different god named Jesus (or the Word) and asked him to create everything. Sort of like an immortal sidekick, a Batman and Robin, except this Batman created Robin and Robin does all the actual creation.

Did I guess right? If so, may I show why that opinion doesn't stand up to scripture? If not, would you please answer the question yourself? I'll ask it again, just in case:

Q: So when you read Genesis (Gen 1:1-3) above, do you understand that meaning that God literally created the heaven and the earth, and that he created light with his word ? Or is he asking someone else to create the light, and that being creates the light?

Spoiler
It is important that we are willing to answer direct questions. Let's not evade each other. Progress is made by first understanding each other and then identifying underlying assumptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.