Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierac

I'm having trouble finding the phrase "the biological chain within the human family" or even the phrases "biological chain", "the human family", and "Jewish pedigree", in our scriptures.

Can you help me find these phrases in scripture since they are So Monumental in the concept of salvation???

Wow, so strangely missing in our scriptures to be so utterly important???

I'm not understanding your post? What does the "the biological chain within the human family" have to do with the Trinity???

You do know, or maybe not... there is a Greek word for being fully God and Fully man! That word is missing in our scriptures... Theos aner!

If Jesus is already God in the flesh then He can not have a God because it would be two Gods not one. Yet, scripture clearly tell us Jesus does have a God, both before and after His resurrection. Philippians 4:20; Ephesians 4:6; John 20:17; Matthew 27:46; Revelation 3:12; Revelation 3:2.

Study Harder
:poly:
Paul

Rosenritter

I'm not understanding your post? What does the "the biological chain within the human family" have to do with the Trinity???

You do know, or maybe not... there is a Greek word for being fully God and Fully man! That word is missing in our scriptures... Theos aner!

If Jesus is already God in the flesh then He can not have a God because it would be two Gods not one. Yet, scripture clearly tell us Jesus does have a God, both before and after His resurrection. Philippians 4:20; Ephesians 4:6; John 20:17; Matthew 27:46; Revelation 3:12; Revelation 3:2.

Study Harder
:poly:
Paul

If you are an self-employed (you are your own employer) and you also have one thousand employees, are you two employers? If you are their boss and you are also your own boss, do you self-destruct in paradox to contradict "there is only one boss?"

Think harder.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If you are an self-employed (you are your own employer) and you also have one thousand employees, are you two employers? If you are their boss and you are also your own boss, do you self-destruct in paradox to contradict "there is only one boss?"

Think harder.

I believe he speaks simple truth, my friend. Jesus clearly states His Father is the only true God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I believe he speaks simple truth, my friend. Jesus clearly states His Father is the only true God.

But He does NOT say that ONLY the Father is the True God.

What He said does not exclude Himself from ALSO being the True God.

Next argument.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
my goodness, what twisted and illogical reason.

that's how it goes with all man-made doctrines.

A red herring is not a valid argument.

Please make a valid argument, like the post you just quoted did.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
my goodness, what twisted and illogical reason.

that's how it goes with all man-made doctrines.
By the way, if the former part of your comment was true, you would have to abandon your own doctrines, because you are a human (I hope), and make up your own doctrines.

But you'll just go back to your Bible bashing as a defense, saying "only Jesus' words matter".

:mock:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
By the way, if the former part of your comment was true, you would have to abandon your own doctrines, because you are a human (I hope), and make up your own doctrines.

But you'll just go back to your Bible bashing as a defense, saying "only Jesus' words matter".

:mock:

good day, dear.

Rosenritter

By which he did not exclude himself.

Given the dozens of times that Jesus alluded to his equality with God, shouldn't there be at least one clear denial that he was God if that was the case? Except there isn't, only that which would further point to that inevitable fact that He who created all things did walk among them, that he was the first and the last, the beginning and the end, and that there is no other God.

Isaiah 41:4 KJV
(4) Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Revelation 2:8 KJV
(8) And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Is Jesus the first and the last person who was dead and is alive? No, "the first and the last" is used the identification for the LORD of Hosts used not once, but three separate times in Isaiah. This title also means "and beside me there is no God."

Isaiah 44:6 KJV
(6) Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Jesus does not exclude himself when he says that the Father is the only true God, rather he clarifies that HE Himself is that only true God in other passages. It would be unwise to ignore the express clarification of His meaning and to substitute a personal slanted interpretation from an isolated passage.

Revelation 22:13-16 KJV
(13) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
(14) Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
(15) For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
(16) I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Given the dozens of times that Jesus alluded to his equality with God, shouldn't there be at least one clear denial that he was God if that was the case? Except there isn't, only that which would further point to that inevitable fact that He who created all things did walk among them, that he was the first and the last, the beginning and the end, and that there is no other God.

Isaiah 41:4 KJV
(4) Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Revelation 2:8 KJV
(8) And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Is Jesus the first and the last person who was dead and is alive? No, "the first and the last" is used the identification for the LORD of Hosts used not once, but three separate times in Isaiah. This title also means "and beside me there is no God."

Isaiah 44:6 KJV
(6) Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Jesus does not exclude himself when he says that the Father is the only true God, rather he clarifies that HE Himself is that only true God in other passages. It would be unwise to ignore the express clarification of His meaning and to substitute a personal slanted interpretation from an isolated passage.

Revelation 22:13-16 KJV
(13) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
(14) Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
(15) For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
(16) I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Yup. But Meshak won't accept anything other than Jesus' own words for correction. She rejects everything but His words.

Rosenritter

Yup. But Meshak won't accept anything other than Jesus' own words for correction. She rejects everything but His words.

Those were His words. He says "I Jesus" and they are in red and he specifically states that he was the one who was dead and has the keys to death and hell.

Right Divider

Body part
:thumb:

Simple and correct logic is well beyond the understanding of meshak and keypurr.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Those were His words. He says "I Jesus" and they are in red and he specifically states that he was the one who was dead and has the keys to death and hell.
Guess I forgot to mention that she also rejects some of Jesus' words as well.

Specifically:

Spoiler
Then Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priestand asked letters from him to the synagogues of Damascus, so that if he found any who were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven.Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”So he, trembling and astonished, said, “Lord, what do You want me to do?” Then the Lord said to him, “Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”And the men who journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice but seeing no one.Then Saul arose from the ground, and when his eyes were opened he saw no one. But they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus.And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.Now there was a certain disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and to him the Lord said in a vision, “Ananias.” And he said, “Here I am, Lord.”So the Lord said to him, “Arise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for one called Saul of Tarsus, for behold, he is praying.And in a vision he has seen a man named Ananias coming in and putting his hand on him, so that he might receive his sight.”Then Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem.And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name.”But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake.”And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.”Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized.So when he had received food, he was strengthened. Then Saul spent some days with the disciples at Damascus. - Acts 9:1-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts9:1-19&version=NKJV

Status
Not open for further replies.