Denial of the deity of Jesus

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

John 17:21-22
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:​

Your belief is that the way Jesus and the Father are one is the Trinity.

What happens when humans become one in the Trinity?

We are in dwelt by the Spirit and Jesus says that He and the Father will make their abode with us. Pretty simple. God with us.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just like Jesus was indwelt by the Spirit?

So far nothing you say makes our being one with God any different than Jesus being one with God.

Once again proving that the Bible doesn't teach the Trinity doctrine.

John 14:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:23 King James Version (KJV)

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

The Trinity dwelling within man, explain it away.

Apple7

Well, using Trinitarian metaphysics,....it all comes back to Oneness anyways, since they must retain the unity of the divine essence as indivisible in nature, but as different personalities, so its just a manifold oneness stretched out as a divine company, a similar concept used in various pagan religions, greek metaphysics and other esoterics.

For a pure spiritualist holding to a monistic or monotheistic worldview,....since 'God' is always One, no matter how you slice and dice it, a Unitarian, Bi-Unitarian, Trinitarian or even some other pan-entheistic variety is just as good :idunno:

You come back to the one universal absolute unity of Being, that primal Deity at the heart of all things, the very Soul of the cosmos, the all-pervading Spirit, Infinite Intelligence ruling and guiding all creation. Wonderful eh? God is One. God is All. There is nothing outside of God. - the fabric of existence is woven with-in this primordial unity of Spirit, no matter how many 'personifications' of 'God' you assume or choose to relate to.

You only have one consciousness reflecting itself in so many mirrors.

The Creator God of the Holy Bible has always revealed Himself as Triune, even from the very beginning.

He would not have revealed Himself in such a way, if Unitarianism, etc, was acceptable.

Your liberal PC style of 'anything and everything goes!' is relegated to file 13...

Apple7

Jesus was declared to be God Himself, not from the scriptures, but from the bishops at the First Council of Nicaea in 325 CE after a month of heated debate.

Jesus is declared to be Theos, in scripture, on the merits of the established rules of Greek grammar, alone.

This is completely independent of your willful denial of it.

Elia

Moses was Trinitarian.

Bs"d

Moses said: GOD IS ONE:

שמע ישראל י-ה-ו-ה אלהנו י-ה-ו-ה אחד

Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is
ONE.​

And you shall love Y-H-W-H your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.
And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart;
and you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
And you shall bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deut 6:4-9

The Jews until this day fulfill this commandment. Every morning they put upon their arm and upon their forehead their phylacteries, (prayer belts) that consist of black straps with black leather cubes, that contain parchment upon which is written this Biblical text that says that God is one. Upon the doorposts of the houses of the religious Jews there are small boxes or containers that also contain parchment upon which is written that God is one. During the morning and evening prayers the above text is recited which says that God is one.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction. The Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.”"
Jer 16:19

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Lets re-cognize the omnipresent One.......

Lets re-cognize the omnipresent One.......

The Creator God of the Holy Bible has always revealed Himself as Triune, even from the very beginning.

He would not have revealed Himself in such a way, if Unitarianism, etc, was acceptable.

Your liberal PC style of 'anything and everything goes!' is relegated to file 13...

I don't deny a tri-une God concept, just a dogmatic assumption of it according to a certain formula. Remember revelation is 'progressive'.

The Urantia Papers have a most glorious presentation of what it calls the 'Paradise Trinity', see here. My concept of 'God' includes a tri-une concept, but is not limited to it, since the Infinite Itself is beyond finite definition and knowledge, it just IS. - therefore there are aspects of Deity that are pre-personal, personal, super-personal, trans-personal, etc. - the UB wonderfully expounds upon these various dimensions. The Bible has in some places by virtue of insight and limited revelation, a triune-concept of Deity, but the UB further unveils it in the greater cosmic perspective.

~*~*~

The Infinite is beyond the scope of the finite, so it might be best to recognize that 'God' comes in many forms and personalities. Its not "anything and everything goes", its the knowledge that there is a universal omnipresent spirit-presence and awareness at the heart of all that exists, as the source and context from which all creation arises (all things/beings).

There is only this infinite intelligence apart from which nothing can exist, which is the source of all. The Infinite itself is unknowable. It can only be assumed as the source of the finite, the origin and sustainer of existence.

Still forever,...'God' is One. This Oneness includes all, pervades all, encompasses all, transcends all, since nothing can exist outside of 'God'.

Elia

Apple7 said:
Moses was Trinitarian.
Tell that to a rabbi :crackup:

Bs"d

The trins are desperate.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction. The Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.”

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Perhaps...but theres more.......

Perhaps...but theres more.......

Bs"d

The trins are desperate.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction. The Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.”

Hi Elia,

Oh, I think there's much more involved :idea:

Of course so much depends on our concept or spirit-perception of Deity, and still......no matter how you slice or dice 'God'.....He is One :)

One is the original unit from which all multiples derive. The creation itself in its material form is a 'manifold one',...and we can also say this about 'God', the original Monad....from whose unity, all diversity springs. We cant pigeonhole 'God',....just recognize the reality of unity at the heart of all, and see that its plural in manifestation, by way of its creative will, as we see that reality before our very eyes, and in the intricate relationships of the cosmos itself. Sure, 'God' is singular, but by way of creation is multiplied.

Furthermore, only the infinite is infinite, nothing else :) - and its beyond finite comprehension or knowledge. Therefore, only that which is of the essence, consciousness or spirit of 'God' in us, knows 'God', since the light of consciousness recognizes itself, its own nature.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Made up by Trinitarians.

LA

Elia

Hi Elia,

Oh, I think there's much more involved :idea:

Of course so much depends on our concept or spirit-perception of Deity, and still......no matter how you slice or dice 'God'.....He is One :)

One is the original unit from which all multiples derive. The creation itself in its material form is a 'manifold one',...and we can also say this about 'God', the original Monad....from whose unity,

Bs"d

No, God is NOT a "unity".

I know this is very difficult to comprehend for Christians, but GOD IS ONE.

And therefore not a unity.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

Apple7

I don't deny a tri-une God concept, just a dogmatic assumption of it according to a certain formula. Remember revelation is 'progressive'.

So, Mormons must be pretty advanced, according you.

The Urantia Papers have a most glorious presentation of what it calls the 'Paradise Trinity', see here. My concept of 'God' includes a tri-une concept, but is not limited to it, since the Infinite Itself is beyond finite definition and knowledge, it just IS. - therefore there are aspects of Deity that are pre-personal, personal, super-personal, trans-personal, etc. - the UB wonderfully expounds upon these various dimensions. The Bible has in some places by virtue of insight and limited revelation, a triune-concept of Deity, but the UB further unveils it in the greater cosmic perspective.

~*~*~

The Infinite is beyond the scope of the finite, so it might be best to recognize that 'God' comes in many forms and personalities. Its not "anything and everything goes", its the knowledge that there is a universal omnipresent spirit-presence and awareness at the heart of all that exists, as the source and context from which all creation arises (all things/beings).

There is only this infinite intelligence apart from which nothing can exist, which is the source of all. The Infinite itself is unknowable. It can only be assumed as the source of the finite, the origin and sustainer of existence.

Still forever,...'God' is One. This Oneness includes all, pervades all, encompasses all, transcends all, since nothing can exist outside of 'God'.

File 13.

Ben Masada

Denial of the deity of Jesus.

Denial of the deity of Jesus.

Only the fact that Jesus was a Jew whose Faith was Judaism, constitutes a denial of any claim to his deity.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Only the fact that Jesus was a Jew whose Faith was Judaism, constitutes a denial of any claim to his deity.

Jesus' faith was squarely in his heavenly Father, Judaism is mostly an evolved religion around the blind faith that Abraham had in Jesus' day.

Jesus followed the reasonable requirements of Judaism but not the barbaric man made Leviticus laws. The religion of Jesus was divorced from the Traditionalism and enslaving rituals of Judaism.

Between Abram and Jesus a great deal of human egotism and politics influenced the so called scripture.

Jesus was killed by the Jews who hated him and therefore his Father also.