Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus wasn't a Universalist. He was dedicated to the Scriptures in the Holy Bible. He referred to Moses writing part of the Bible.

Michael

Jesus selected spiritual truth from the OT books and left the rest alone. He left the law there, it's still in the book. LOL!

Cross Reference

Over a million last I heard, but the UB is not so much for this age it's more for open minded people of a future age. I speculate it's a prelude for people searching for a consistent, sane explanation after WWIII.

There is no future age as you suppose unless you are referring to heaven being on earth. Somehow, I don't believe you mean that and prefer a fairytale about aliens.

Hedshaker

Dear Hedshaker,

He's hardly mopping up the floor with me or any of the rest of us who post to him. You just wish that I don't succeed because you prefer Caino over me. I am not surprised. And the points Caino are making are quotes out of freelight's Urantia Book. Have you read a good amount of what he quotes? All heady mumbo jumbo stuff that amounts to nothing. It is also written, "And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." See Rev. 22:19KJV. If he wants to say that parts of the Bible are untrue, then he should know instead that they are instead, true. Having just added Mary's birth of Jesus, and all of those words that complement it is kind of late, to say the least. Sure took long enough.

Have A Good Day!! Make It Count!!

Michael

You seem to be having trouble reading Michael, as well as understanding. I said in my post I believe both you and Caino are "equally" wrong... did you somehow miss that or did your reading skills take a nose dive again? My last post had nothing to do with the argument content and everything to do with debating tactics. . If you spend your time posting logical fallacies, making personal attacks and calling names then you lose.

But suit yourself. Trying to reason with you is like trying to nail blancmange to the wall.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus Christ is now the Law, Personified. LOL!
Why not back off because you don't have a clue.

Jesus is also a person, even the Son of God, creator of this evolved earth and 10,000,000 other evolutionary worlds of time and space.

From my religion:

141:2.1 The night before they left Pella, Jesus gave the apostles some further instruction with regard to the new kingdom. Said the Master: “You have been taught to look for the coming of the kingdom of God, and now I come announcing that this long-looked-for kingdom is near at hand, even that it is already here and in our midst. In every kingdom there must be a king seated upon his throne and decreeing the laws of the realm. And so have you developed a concept of the kingdom of heaven as a glorified rule of the Jewish people over all the peoples of the earth with Messiah sitting on David's throne and from this place of miraculous power promulgating the laws of all the world. But, my children, you see not with the eye of faith, and you hear not with the understanding of the spirit. I declare that the kingdom of heaven is the realization and acknowledgment of God's rule within the hearts of men. True, there is a King in this kingdom, and that King is my Father and your Father. We are indeed his loyal subjects, but far transcending that fact is the transforming truth that we are his sons. In my life this truth is to become manifest to all. Our Father also sits upon a throne, but not one made with hands. The throne of the Infinite is the eternal dwelling place of the Father in the heaven of heavens; he fills all things and proclaims his laws to universes upon universes. And the Father also rules within the hearts of his children on earth by the spirit which he has sent to live within the souls of mortal men.

141:2.2 “When you are the subjects of this kingdom, you indeed are made to hear the law of the Universe Ruler; but when, because of the gospel of the kingdom which I have come to declare, you faith-discover yourselves as sons, you henceforth look not upon yourselves as law-subject creatures of an all-powerful king but as privileged sons of a loving and divine Father. Verily, verily, I say to you, when the Father's will is your law, you are hardly in the kingdom. But when the Father's will becomes truly your will, then are you in very truth in the kingdom because the kingdom has thereby become an established experience in you. When God's will is your law, you are noble slave subjects; but when you believe in this new gospel of divine sonship, my Father's will becomes your will, and you are elevated to the high position of the free children of God, liberated sons of the kingdom.”

141:2.3 Some of the apostles grasped something of this teaching, but none of them comprehended the full significance of this tremendous announcement, unless it was James Zebedee. But these words sank into their hearts and came forth to gladden their ministry during later years of service. UB 1955

Caino

BANNED
Banned
There is no future age as you suppose unless you are referring to heaven being on earth. Somehow, I don't believe you mean that and prefer a fairytale about aliens.

Heaven is in Heaven, but yes, eventually the original, pre-cross gospel will subdue the world carrying it into an age of light and life. But earth is not mans permanent home, we go to the place that Christ went to prepare for us. From there we continue onward.

Cross Reference

Heaven is in Heaven, but yes, eventually the original, pre-cross gospel will subdue the world carrying it into an age of light and life. But earth is not mans permanent home, we go to the place that Christ went to prepare for us. From there we continue onward.

Heaven, the whole Headship of the universe will one day soon headquarter itself on this planted. To hell with your UB.

OMT: Who is the "we" and "us" you speak of in this who will be in that place "Christ went to prepare"?

Hedshaker

You are confused.

I honestly don't think any of you guys are actually confused.... just kind of bat poop crazy, and equally so looking from the outside. I mean, here you are arguing over who has the best magic and in reality there isn't gnats pubic hair between the lot of you.... or maybe the Celestial space people just have the edge over talking snakes.....! Hard to say :)

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Evolution Vs Creation

Evolution vs. Creation: The Great Debate

The Evolution vs. Creation debate is often referred to as the "Great Debate." It's the emotion-packed question of "Origins" -- why, how, and where did everything come from? 20th century science has made the compelling discovery that, at some point, the universe began. Both sides of the Great Debate now agree that the universe has not existed eternally. However, this is where the agreement ends. As far as the "why" and "how" of the "origin event," this is where the division and contention begin. There are two basic theories in this Great Debate. The first is the historical default - the Creation Model of Origins. This theory maintains that the intricate design permeating all things implies a Designer. The second theory is the more recent, atheistic explanation - the Evolution Model of Origins. This theory postulates that the intricate design permeating all things is a product of random chance and excessive time.

Evolution vs. Creation: The Contentions

Evolution vs. Creation is indeed the Great Debate of our scientific times. In any scientific debate, the theories must be tested according to the evidence. We propose that the burden of evidence should be upon the Evolutionists, since Creation has been the historic and inherent default throughout virtually all cultures and religions until roughly the last 200 years. Of course, Evolutionists, who view themselves as the only "scientists" in the debate, insist that the burden of evidence be upon the Creationists. Evolutionists reason, we cannot see the Creator, we cannot hear the Creator, and we cannot touch, taste or smell the Creator. Therefore, we are unable to test for the Creator with any form of scientific equipment developed thus far. Creationists retort, we cannot see, hear, touch, taste, or smell the human mind. We cannot test for the human mind with any form of scientific equipment developed thus far. When we run an electroencephalogram, we are measuring salt flow and electrical activity within the human brain. We cannot so much as even locate the human mind. Yet we watch as human carcasses run about, making order of disorder, conscious decisions according to subconscious criteria. We see the design and complexity that result from the operation of the brain through the invisible realm known as the mind. Thus, we know with certainty that the human mind exists. Therefore, it's absolutely logical for Creationists to postulate the existence of a Creator based upon the same "evidence." The design we see all around us came from one, grand concept, and such a concept can only come from a complex Mind. Furthermore, the mathematical and physical laws inherent in all things (including, most dramatically, the Laws of Thermodynamics and the Law of Cause and Effect) effectively validate this evidentiary claim.

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Evolution Vs Creation -- Part Two

Evolution vs. Creation: Origins

In the Evolution vs. Creation conflict, Evolutionists do quite well in terms of theoretical science, but fail to find empirical evidence. Evolutionists theorize that the universe, with all that it contains (space, time, matter and energy), exploded from nothing. This is contrary to the First Law of Thermodynamics. Where did space, time, matter and energy come from in the first place? Thus, for Evolutionists, the ultimate question of Origins remains unsolved. To complicate the Evolutionary position, this original explosion of everything from nothing is unable to explain all of the complexity and fine-tuning in the universe, including cosmic "voids" and "clumps", retrograde motion of the galaxies, etc. Despite numerous problems, this explosion from nothing has been dubbed the "Big Bang" and is the accepted theory among the majority of Evolutionists. Evolution is a very unique "science." Typically, scientists observe evidentiary data and then formulate their conclusions. Evolutionists have formulated their conclusion, and now look for the missing data.

Evolution vs. Creation: Complexity

The Evolution vs. Creation debate further seeks to solve the riddle of complexity. Creationists believe the universe was designed to be complex by an Intelligent Designer. Evolutionists, in their effort to exclude a designer, contend that complexity has developed from simplicity over time. Evolutionists view time as their solution. However, hard science tells us that time is the enemy of complexity. This fact has been so well documented that it has obtained the stature of a physical law, the "Second Law of Thermodynamics."

Evolution vs. Creation: The Resolution

Evolution vs. Creation -- Until Evolutionists find the evidence they've sought since the beginning of the modern Evolutionary movement about 150 years ago, there is actually no debate at all. Creation is the default. Evolutionists insist that complexity developed from simplicity despite the contradiction to known physical laws. Moreover, Evolutionists maintain that this simplicity just sprang into existence without any cause at all. Let's collect the evidence, and then we can start a debate.

Investigate More Now!

WHAT DO YOU THINK? - We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.

Copyright © 2002 - 2016 AllAboutCreation.org, All Rights Reserved.

Last edited:

alwight

I honestly don't think any of you guys are actually confused.... just kind of bat poop crazy, and equally so looking from the outside. I mean, here you are arguing over who has the best magic and in reality there isn't gnats pubic hair between the lot of you.... or maybe the Celestial space people just have the edge over talking snakes.....! Hard to say :)
They do rather like to argue about how the non extant deckchairs are arranged on an imaginary ship. Bless 'em. :)

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How ironic, the enemies of Jesus said he was nuts too, even his own family tried to bring him home after he began his public ministry because he was so different than the expectations of the Messiah derived from the scriptures.

Dear Caino,

That doesn't mean Jesus was nuts, though, now does it? Are you talking about when He was 12 years old? Of course His family would want Him to come with them. Some people ARE nuts and some aren't. You'll never find out for sure without the passing of time. I'm willing to wait to see if you are right!! No problem at all. This infighting is more than ridiculous. We should be talking about the ways were are the same instead of the ways that we are different, since we seem like we might be on the right page. But don't come mixing Christianity with Hinduism and who knows what else. That's where we differ. We also differ on certain scriptural verses. But whatever.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The threat about adding to specifically the "Book of Revelation" was a common end note in the age when they didn't have copyright law. But just the same if Jesus returned today and tried in vain to teach pig headed Christians anything new, you would have to explain to him that you would need to start a new Bible because the apocalyptic editors of Johns vision on Patmos warned us a bout terrible plagues and bugs and sour milk and stuff.

Caino,

It can mean the Book of the Bible, or the Book of Revelation. Whatever you desire. I don't have to agree to disagree. And you can bet that everything written in Revelation will happen, much of it in symbolism and actual events, but nevertheless, quite true. I don't think it would help much to explain some of it to you. You would just slight me the same way as you do now.

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Over a million last I heard, but the UB is not so much for this age it's more for open minded people of a future age. I speculate it's a prelude for people searching for a consistent, sane explanation after WWIII.

I find it hard to be over a million. I'll check into it, if I recall it. I've already found some of your Urantia Book to be false, but if I tell you what it is, you will just try to backtrack out of it. So I'll hold my silence instead. People will still have and exceedingly want the Bible after World War III. After Armageddon, if that is what you are calling WWIII, they will hardly want your Urantia Book. See what time brings.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus selected spiritual truth from the OT books and left the rest alone. He left the law there, it's still in the book. LOL!

Oh, are you referring to the fact that Jesus brought a new message to the Jews and Gentiles? Of course, that is well-known. Jesus Himself said, 'I did not come to do away with the law, but that I might fulfill it.' Jesus also said those who keep His commandments, will also keep God's commandments. Some things have changed, like sacrificial laws, etc., but there is a New Testament now.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear Cross Reference,

After the Earth gets another try for over 1,000 years {or 2,000 or more}, {See Rev. 20:5-7KJV} there shall be a new earth, and those in it shall not need the light of the Sun, for God is the light thereof. So there will be no moon either. But before this happens, all of the planets will be dissolved, as it is written in the Bible. There will be a New Jerusalem. There shall we spend eternity. And no corruption shall enter there. See Rev. 21:27KJV. See also Rev. 21:23KJV. See Rev. 22:2-5KJV. It is written that the earth and the other planets in our solar system shall be dissolved by great heat. I'm sorry I can't give you more scriptures. I'm telling the truth though. You just were not aware of it until now.

Much Love, In Jesus Christ,

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.