Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavisBJ

Don't give me that crap! God did the commanding for reasons that are beyond you and me. Your nose is bent out of shape because you can't address His reasons to agree with them. I know what His reasons were you refuse to investigate or even ask about with concern to know __ because you don't want to know; you need to be right. If I am wrong then I should be reading from you answers to what I asked that just might help you see the light.

Just to you another kick start:

"Were not the armies of Israel not willing in the days when God commanded them? What did they know you don't? And I know it as well. Again I ask, Do you presume to know more than God that you should instruct Him? What was the result of Saul's disobedience God had to deal with later?"
Just can't bring yourself to give a simple answer that requires only 2 letters, "NO", or 3 letters, "YES", can you? I understand why. Like you, many Christians start to squirm when asked if they could have done what the Old Testament says was ordered to be done.

Cross Reference

Just can't bring yourself to give a simple answer that requires only 2 letters, "NO", or 3 letters, "YES", can you? I understand why. Like you, many Christians start to squirm when asked if they could have done what the Old Testament says was ordered to be done.

I think you have been sufficiently exposed. Others an make up their minds about this exchange. Time for me to move on.

noguru

I have repeatedly posted what you need to study. I refuse to feed your bait machine.

You don't answer squarely. You have been warned by many regarding this error and the numerous past errors you have made. You do not correct or even acknowledge your errors. Instead you hide behind the label of "Christian". Then you wonder why atheists develop a bad taste in their mouth about Christianity. Fortunately my faith is not contingent on the smoke and mirrors game people like you play. But one has to wonder whether you are actually a benefit or hindrance to Christianity.

DavisBJ

Cross Reference - the marshmallow apologist

Cross Reference - the marshmallow apologist

It is interesting that it was CR himself that first asked if someone knew God’s will, would they do it. He objected to some of the responses that did not give direct answer to his question. But when he is presented with what the Bible says is a real-life example involving his question, he starts dodging giving a direct answer to his own question, and finally slinks away and hides. Christianity is poorly served by apologists of his caliber.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear DavisBJ,

My answer is a resounding YES!! What God ever asks me to do, I will do without question. You do know that even Abraham was tested by God to slay his only son Isaac as an offering to God. But God told Abraham not to do it at the last minute. I trust God. He would not ask me to do something unless it were important. So now you've got my answer. I'm sure it is very similar to Cross Ref's. answer also. Now, go, and leave CR alone!!!

Praise The Lord!!!

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The only real answer to Hedshaker's posted video of Hitchins is not to watch it. Because Hedshaker has decided not to allow the possibility and options of God's existence end to end.

Dear Hedshaker,

Your video does not entertain the unlikely probability that God will prove Himself in a short time indeed. Then, what will you say? You will have egg on your face, if not worse. Yes, I am telling you that, within your lifetime, you will receive your proof, but you won't necessarily like it. Still, call upon the Lord then and believe that He will forgive you regardless. Don't make the same mistake twice, please!!

Much Love Coming Your Way, Buddy!!

Michael

:sigh: :shut: :argue: :cloud9: :cloud9:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So you want me to assume your God exists for the sake of argument? That being the case then the answer is no. I'm with Christopher Hitchens on that one:

Antitheist Anthem

The only honest minds out there are the ones that completely follow out the assumptions of the counterarguments.

One of the most recent and very clear examples of this is not from creation v evolution but re homosexuality by Mrs. Rosario:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112270

Well, thanks for your LGBT video link. It is all fine to me except her lack of fear speaking against the Lord in the presence of the Lord. How?, you ask me? Because He is everywhere and she is speaking terrible things against Him that she knows nothing about. She is not skilled enough to be making such deductions and blasphemies. I did not listen to the entire video. Spare me. Listen, I was gay too, just like it took her a while to get gay. It does not matter as much as speaking terrible things about God or Jesus!! She has a lot of nerve is all I can say. For now,

Michael

DavisBJ

Dear DavisBJ,

My answer is a resounding YES!! Whatever God ever asks me to do, I will do without question.
Yes, you made that clear several days ago. CR seems to be much less willing to openly declare his unwavering allegiance to whatever God orders than you are.

I am appreciative of the fact that I do not live close to you. I would be a bit concerned living in close proximity to someone who claims to have received multiple visits by heavenly messengers, and also declares that whatever they think God had commanded, they will do. As you have shown, what you are convinced God wants is pretty much dependent on what day it is. Since child massacre is on your “OK to do if I think God wants me to” list, then I can’t see why lesser evils might not be on that same list – violent rape, torture, etc.

As far as you are concerned, I and my family live on a deserted uncharted desert isle near the South Pole, so that we need not fear you involving us if you decide you have been ordered to act out a violent religious fantasy.
I trust God. He would not ask me to do something unless it were important.
Maybe your God thinks some lady in my family will someday be instrumental in leading many away from belief in Him, and therefore needs to be abducted, tortured, raped, and murdered. You seem willing to take on that task. Nope, not gonna tell you where we live.
So now you've got my answer. I'm sure it is very similar to Cross Ref's. answer also.
I had anticipated it would be the same answer as yours, but last I saw CR was seen running over yonder hill crying for mama.
Now, go, and leave CR alone!!!
Are you CR’s mama?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, you made that clear several days ago. CR seems to be much less willing to openly declare his unwavering allegiance to whatever God orders than you are.

I am appreciative of the fact that I do not live close to you. I would be a bit concerned living in close proximity to someone who claims to have received multiple visits by heavenly messengers, and also declares that whatever they think God had commanded, they will do. As you have shown, what you are convinced God wants is pretty much dependent on what day it is. Since child massacre is on your “OK to do if I think God wants me to” list, then I can’t see why lesser evils might not be on that same list – violent rape, torture, etc.

As far as you are concerned, I and my family live on a deserted uncharted desert isle near the South Pole, so that we need not fear you involving us if you decide you have been ordered to act out a violent religious fantasy.

Maybe your God thinks some lady in my family will someday be instrumental in leading many away from belief in Him, and therefore needs to be abducted, tortured, raped, and murdered. You seem willing to take on that task. Nope, not gonna tell you where we live.

I had anticipated it would be the same answer as yours, but last I saw CR was seen running over yonder hill crying for mama.

Are you CR’s mama?

Dear BJ,

You don't know what you speak of out of ignorance to doing God's Will. Nothing should come BEFORE God's Will. That is something that you will need to learn to embrace. That's why you are an atheist and I am a creationist. I love people TONS, but what God wants comes first, because He is the One Who gives me this incredible desire to love others. So be it.

No, I am not CR's mama! Just call me the referee instead, booper!!

Michael

Interplanner

Well, thanks for your LGBT video link. It is all fine to me except her lack of fear speaking against the Lord in the presence of the Lord. How?, you ask me? Because He is everywhere and she is speaking terrible things against Him that she knows nothing about. She is not skilled enough to be making such deductions and blasphemies. I did not listen to the entire video. Spare me. Listen, I was gay too, just like it took her a while to get gay. It does not matter as much as speaking terrible things about God or Jesus!! She has a lot of nerve is all I can say. For now,

Michael

She was homosexual (I see no use to the word gay, except manipulation). She is now repentant and honoring christ with her body in marriage.

The purpose of the illustration however, was that she was ruthlessly honest. She went to the material and found out what it actually said.

Hedshaker

Dear Hedshaker,

Your video does not entertain the unlikely probability that God will prove Himself in a short time indeed. Then, what will you say? You will have egg on your face, if not worse. Yes, I am telling you that, within your lifetime, you will receive your proof, but you won't necessarily like it. Still, call upon the Lord then and believe that He will forgive you regardless. Don't make the same mistake twice, please!!

Exactly as I said earlier. Everything you say is always something to come..... god will prove himself sometime in the future..... then you'll have egg on your face..... within your lifetime and then you'll be sorry, blah blah blah.

As I've said, anyone could do that about anything. It's cheap, easy and meaningless, yet you really seem to think you've posted something clever every time you do it, which you do constantly. Still, when all you have is pie-in-the-sky future threats I guess that's the best you can do.

Funny thing is you don't even realise how dumb it is :sigh:

Cross Reference

It is interesting that it was CR himself that first asked if someone knew God’s will, would they do it. He objected to some of the responses that did not give direct answer to his question. But when he is presented with what the Bible says is a real-life example involving his question, he starts dodging giving a direct answer to his own question, and finally slinks away and hides. Christianity is poorly served by apologists of his caliber.

Only to those who ask loaded and unlearned questions, for obvious reasons you have demonstrated.

Cross Reference

Are you CR’s mama?

And you want folk to answer your silly, loaded questions?? You demonstrate why I won't give you the time of day but continue to ask my own questions you run from because you are a coward. With Michael's example of Abraham given you, why not now ask yourself why it was that people didn't run from him given he was willing to sacrifice his son on the command of God? Go for it. Lets read your "smart", "intelligent" reply.

DavisBJ

And you want folk to answer your silly, loaded questions??
When you are asked if you would be obedient to the same command that was given in the Old Testament, that is a silly, loaded question? You have less respect for the scriptures than even I do. Even Cadry has been much more forthcoming on this than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.