Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

6days

Yes it has.

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

everready
Good answer!.
We have the eyewitness testimony

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God"

Daniel1611

So you disregard the fact that RNA and proteins are the building blocks for life?

Are proteins or acid alive? No. Yiu disregard the fact that no one has ever seen life arise from non life. Believe that it can happen if you want. We have freedom of religion in America.

noguru

I haven't suggest that I can prove the supernatural. You claim you can prove that nothing can come to life by itself. You claim something that doesn't make sense that no one has ever seen us science. It isn't. It's just your religion.

Again you demonstrate your ignorance of science. Science does not prove things. Science has evidence that indicates the likelihood of a conclusion.

1.) We have lots of evidence for natural processes that make up the processes and building blocks of life.

2.) Then we have your claim that "It could not possibly be natural causes".

The evidence supports the idea that there are natural processes. There is no evidence that supports a claim that "it is impossible that natural processes are responsible". So given that we go with the more likely scenario. And since you have destroyed you credibility quite effectively in the past, I think we can be pretty confident that you are not an authority on these matters.

Last edited:

6days

So you disregard the fact that RNA and proteins are the building blocks for life?
Oh wow..... that's pretty clueless of you.
What's in a "simple protein"? Is amino acids also building blocks? Is a gene also a building block?
Having lots of building blocks still does not produce life.

seehigh

Are proteins or acid alive? No. Yiu disregard the fact that no one has ever seen life arise from non life. Believe that it can happen if you want. We have freedom of religion in America.
Well there is freedom of religion in America. Although I'm not sure if that includes Mexico, Costa Rica, Argentina and Canada. Or Cuba for that matter which is also part of America.

You saying that no one has yet and the emphasis is on yet created life in the laboratory that it cannot happen. That's like saying nobody can build a computer because they just know that electrons exist. Yet we know that those electrons are the building block for the computer.

The same goes for RNA and protein. They are the building blocks without which life cannot happen. Seeing they have been created in a laboratory setting, DNA is not far behind, and once you have DNA it can be structured anyway you want.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Are you attempting to say that scripture tells us that life comes from non life?

You see what God says. He says life came from the Earth. Are you one of those people who think "Gaia" is a living thing? Otherwise, I'd suggest you accept it God's way.

Actually even if you worship Gaia, you should accept it God's way, instead.

Daniel1611

Well there is freedom of religion in America. Although I'm not sure if that includes Mexico, Costa Rica, Argentina and Canada. Or Cuba for that matter which is also part of America.

You saying that no one has yet and the emphasis is on yet created life in the laboratory that it cannot happen. That's like saying nobody can build a computer because they just know that electrons exist. Yet we know that those electrons are the building block for the computer.

The same goes for RNA and protein. They are the building blocks without which life cannot happen. Seeing they have been created in a laboratory setting, DNA is not far behind, and once you have DNA it can be structured anyway you want.

Your analogy us false and your argument is ridiculous. Computers have been created, unlike life from non life. Non life has never been observed to arise from non life.

This is just a fact that you won't admit because you cannot admit that your religion is not science . so what if they have the building blocks? That isn't life. I have some metal and bolts in my house . metal and bolts are the building blocks of skyscrapers. Therefore I have a city 12 times bigger than Chicago. I do. I have one

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
So God said He created in six days... but He didn't mean it?

He just didn't mean the interpretation you put on it.

The questions were. ....

Would you be offended if God created man from the dust on the 6th day?

Would you be offended if God created woman from man's rib?

Would you be offended if God created light before He created the sun?

Would you be offended if God created birds and whales before He created land animals?

I'm fine with God doing it the way He saw fit to do it. If you'd set your pride aside and do that, you wouldn't worry about it any more.
It seems you are offended because you continually use the same argument that Satan used in Eden....'Did God really say that?'

seehigh

Your analogy us false and your argument is ridiculous. Computers have been created, unlike life from non life. Non life has never been observed to arise from non life.

This is just a fact that you won't admit because you cannot admit that your religion is not science . so what if they have the building blocks? That isn't life. I have some metal and bolts in my house . metal and bolts are the building blocks of skyscrapers. Therefore I have a city 12 times bigger than Chicago. I do. I have one
What you don't understand or refuse to understand or accept, is that science builds on previous discoveries. Without knowledge of how electrons work, computers would not function. Without knowledge of the components of life's building blocks, it is difficult to understand how life came about. We do know that both RNA and proteins are a fundamental building block that are required for life to exist. We do know that carbon is required for life to exist.

As such, it certainly appears we are much further down the way understanding how life got started, and are getting closer and replicating the prosess. You may deny it all you want, but what will your argument be when the first life form is created in a petri dish?

Daniel1611

What you don't understand or refuse to understand or accept, is that science builds on previous discoveries. Without knowledge of how electrons work, computers would not function. Without knowledge of the components of life's building blocks, it is difficult to understand how life came about. We do know that both RNA and proteins are a fundamental building block that are required for life to exist. We do know that carbon is required for life to exist.

As such, it certainly appears we are much further down the way understanding how life got started, and are getting closer and replicating the prosess. You may deny it all you want, but what will your argument be when the first life form is created in a petri dish?

So no one has ever observed life arising from non life. So there's no reason for me to believe it is possible except that you believe it will someday. Your belief is noted and is not evidence if anything.

seehigh

So no one has ever observed life arising from non life. So there's no reason for me to believe it is possible except that you believe it will someday. Your belief is noted and is not evidence if anything.
Errrrrr. Evidence, irrefutably is that both RNA and proteins have been created in the lab.

seehigh

But life hasn't. Bricks have been created. Someday a house will build itself. Lol!
You may want to read the following:

http://m.livescience.com/3214-life-created-lab.html

And look at this...

http://www.nature.com/nchem/journal/v7/n4/full/nchem.2202.html

But life hasn't. Bricks have been created. Someday a house will build itself. Lol!
You may want to read the following:

http://m.livescience.com/3214-life-created-lab.html

DavisBJ

6days has his hand in the cookie jar

6days has his hand in the cookie jar

6days’ dedication to discrediting evolution has long been evident. But he would be well-advised to not seize on just any perceived errors in science and try to use them as leverage against evolution. A good example where he did that recently was when I pointed this out to him:
… he (6days) didn’t hesitate to dishonestly lump a technical study in cosmology right in with some disputed anthropology results as though they were all performed by “evolutionists”. It would be nice if creationists were a bit more honest in recognizing that there are branches of science that, though they may conflict with Genesis timelines, still exist independently of the ToE.
In an attempt to justify his broad-based slap at science, 6days responded:
The connection between the points was that many evolutionists still often are quick to believe poor conclusions when it fits their beliefs. The connection is that things haven't changed much in how evolutionists make grand announcements and slow, quiet retractions when science proves them wrong.
Let’s see how well the facts fit 6days’ characterization of what happened. 6days:

The connection between the points was that many evolutionists still often are quick to believe poor conclusions when it fits their beliefs.

The cosmology study that 6 days is faulting has to do with a brief period 9 billion years before the earth even existed. That is about 10 billion years before the most primitive forms of life are believed to have appeared on earth.

I am not aware of a single detail in evolution that was predicated on what the cosmology study came up with. I feel confident that most scientists who are actually involved in evolutionary studies didn’t even know that the study was underway, and to this day most of them probably don’t care. The cosmology study is important to two groups of people, the cosmologists themselves, and those, like 6 days, who dedicate their time and talents to memorizing every misstep made by scientists.

… things haven't changed much in how evolutionists make grand announcements …

6days, not evolutionists. Cosmologists. Got that? The announcement came from a group of scientists involved in cosmology studies. Different animals. Just like you and your Moslem wife, and your Hindu kids, and your Shinto grandparents. As long as labels don’t matter, let’s just lump you in with all of your fellow religious terrorists.

One of the primary participants in this cosmology study was the European Space Agency (ESA). The ESA speaks of it here:

http://sci.esa.int/planck/55362-planck-gravitational-waves-remain-elusive/

…slow, quiet retractions…

Slow and quiet, huh? The initial disputed results were released in March of 2014. According to the ESA website, when the results were released it “spark(ed) an enormous response in the academic community and general public.” By September, only 6 months later, specific data had been gathered challenging the conclusions of the study, and an international team was formed, consisting of some of the original cosmology team along with other experts, to look at alternative explanations for the data. In 4 months they published the results which showed, using data from several sources, that the conclusions of the original study may have been in error.

By the way, 6days, in the ESA website article, the word “evolution” does not appear a single time, nor is there any mention of biology. Now, 6days, go back to your terrorist bomb-making class taught by your fundamentalist pastor (I can lump religious nut-cases together just like 6days does with science).

6days

Barbarian said:
6days said:
So God said He created in six days... but He didn't mean it?
He just didn't mean the interpretation you put on it.
What interpretation are you referring to...

This one?
Ex. 20:11 "For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day."
Gen. 1:5 "God called the light "day" and the darkness "night." And evening passed and morning came, marking the first day."

Barbarian said:
6days said:
The questions were. ....
1. Would you be offended if God created man from the dust on the 6th day?

2. Would you be offended if God created woman from man's rib?

3. Would you be offended if God created light before He created the sun?

4. Would you be offended if God created birds and whales before He created land animals?

I'm fine with God doing it the way He saw fit to do it.
Well, here is how He "saw fit"...He told us how He "saw fit"
1. Ge. 1:27 "So God created mankind in his own image,in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

31God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day

Genesis 2:7 "Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."

Also interesting to note that Jesus said...
"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,'

See... God created us male and female, from the beginning... Man from the dust... Woman from mans rib... No apes involved...no evolutionism.

2.Genesis 2:21,22 "So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib"

3. Genesis 1:3-5 " And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.
God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning--the first day.
God made two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.
17 God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth,
18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good.
19 And there was evening, and there was morning--the fourth day

3. Genesis 7:19The water prevailed more and more upon the earth, so that all the high mountains everywhere under the heavens were covered. 20The water prevailed fifteen cubits higher, and the mountains were covered.

4. Genesis 1: 21So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind.

23And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 25God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds

And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

God's Word tells us how He "saw fit".
Man created from the dust on the 6th day that is defined by morning and evening.
Woman created from man's rib.
Light created before the sun and stars.
Mountains everywhere under the heavens were covered in water.
Sea creatures and birds were created before land animals

Status
Not open for further replies.