Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear Daniel1611,

I really think it's absurd to forget that even photographing a stationary basketball or baseball, or beach ball, balloon, etc. has the same the same consequences. I'm far behind on answering my posts, so I must make them brief.

God Be With You, Amigo!!

Michael

Last edited:

Jose Fly

So...

CGI images from NASA.

You can't see a curve from a sphere. If you see the curve, you're on a cylinder.

And objects appear smaller at a distance and bigger as you get closer.

Thanks for the hard evidence. :thumb:

So Daniel is merely "looking at the same data as NASA and is just interpreting it differently", right?

Daniel1611

What do you think the Bible teaches about the shape and position of the earth?

I don't think the Bible really address it. It says "the round of the earth." That could mean a round sphere or it could mean it's flat but round. Not sure. My doubt of the earth's shape has nothing to do with the Bible or religion. I have not cited scripture once. Math Powerland does some interesting presentations on this subject and he's not Christian. Nothing to do with the Bible.

Jose Fly

I don't think the Bible really address it. It says "the round of the earth." That could mean a round sphere or it could mean it's flat but round. Not sure. My doubt of the earth's shape has nothing to do with the Bible or religion. I have not cited scripture once. Math Powerland does some interesting presentations on this subject and he's not Christian. Nothing to do with the Bible.

Thanks.

I'm looking at what NASA says. I haven't been to space to collect the same data. Very few people have. So we are all going by what they tell us.

Creationists here insist that they're merely "interpreting the data differently" than scientists. It appears you are doing the same with NASA's data. Your "interpretation" of the images taken from space is "They're CGI".

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear Daniel1611,

I'm sorry you feel this way, but I definitely understand your point. Don't we know the circumference of the Earth? Well, I wrote to you about beach balls and all, so I'll not bore you with that again. Thanks for writing!!

Michael

noguru

Dear Daniel1611,

I'm sorry you feel this way, but I definitely understand your point. Don't we know the circumference of the Earth? Well, I wrote to you about beach balls and all, so I'll not bore you with that again. Thanks for writing!!

Michael

Yes. Ferdinand Magellan was the first (only allegedly according to Daniel1611) to circumnavigate the globe. Many since him have done it with marine vessels as well as with aircraft. Daniel1611 would have us believe there is an extremely well orchestrated conspiracy to deceive the rest of us and that real attempts at deceit are not perpetuated by him.

noguru

I'm suggesting the possibility that the earth is not a ball. Not that it's completely level.

Firstly, I am not debating "possibility" here. I recognize "possibility" and apparently have a much better grasp on the levels of possibility (logical, physical, biological, historical) than you seem to have.

Real evidence and calculations indicate that the earth is not "a ball". Rather, it is a spheroid. What evidence and calculations do you have to counter this?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How about patterns of weather circulation that are mathematically predicted by Coriolis forces acting on a spherical surface?

Dear DavisBJ,

I see that you have many posts not addressed to anyone, so I'll answer a couple of them. I do like talking with you. Hope you're doing well lately!! Now what I don't understand are Coriolis forces acting on a spherical surface? Do you mean like rain, snow, hail, etc.?

God Bless Your Heart!!

Michael

:cheers: :cloud9: :angel: :thumb: :guitar:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Coriolis forces are apparent forces that occur because of the Earth's rotation. Winds, for example moving over long distances, move in a straight line, but because the earth is rotating under them they appear to move in a curved path.

This is how hurricanes get started.

The same effect is responsible for Foucault's Pendulum. The inertia of the pendulum keeps it moving in the same path, but the rotation of the Earth makes it appear to change.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How about observing the shape of the shadow of the earth as it crosses the moon during a lunar eclipse?

Dear DavisBJ,

How are you today? It's still morning here. I'm sorry I can't address all of your posts here, but they are good. It's just that each post I make is a project for me, to make it appealing. This one I liked quite a bit! It really lets you know that the Earth is round. It gives credence that the Earth is spherical. Listen, after I told Daniel1611 about the Lord telling him that the center of the Earth was the bottomless pit and hell, it only goes to show you that I am definitely convinced the Earth is a sphere. So I do have my proof already!

Much Love Coming At You!!!

Michael

:think: :wave2: :patrol: :cheers: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Daniel1611

So why do you propose they are trying to deceive us?

I'm not sure. Firstly, i am not saying that I know the earth is flat. My main issue is that I don't trust the NASA complex. I.E. NASA, world governments and private groups that are working together.

There are a few reasons that have been discussed. One would be that there is more land, and the elites don't want us to know. Even centuries ago governments discouraged exploration because they didn't want new land to be discovered. Not all, but some. So there is a precedent for not wanting more land to be know.

Another reason is that the godless, evolutionary universe is nearly impossible in the flat earth model because if it's flat, the system is geocentric. If the galaxy or universe were geocentric, that makes the odds for a godless universe virtually nonexistent. They worked hard to build a a godless paradigm and would want to preserve it.

Those are probably the two biggest reasons to lie if they're lying

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How about the need to include spherical geometry in direct triangulation measurements of the distance from the earth to the moon?

Dear DavisBJ,

This is a good one also!! People look up at a round sun and moon, but they want to look at Earth as a square? Is the sun supposedly circling the Earth instead? Or is the square earth being circled by the sun too? From what I understand and what I've been told, there is another Second Death, which follows Jesus' Return and reign of the Earth for 1,000 years. It says that after those 1,000 years are expired, Satan will be let loose and deceive people again. So that's another 1,000 years or so, so say 2,000 years and boom!! And Israel shall be surrounded by a great army, and God will send fire upon this army. Most likely lightning. Davis, you know that lightning is much hotter than even the Sun? Downright scary. {See Rev. 20:9KJV}. I'll have to look it up in my browser to find out. Well, will close for now. Have a day full of joy!!

Warmest Regards,

Michael

Last edited:

gcthomas

Exploration had been encouraged by governments for centuries since much wealth can be extracted from empty or less developed territories.

And you got the godless bit the wrong way round - for many people it is the explanatory power of the sciences that has weakened faith, not lack of faith that propelled science conspiracies.

Status
Not open for further replies.