Counterfeit Christianity

Cruciform

I guess that if you put lipstick on a pig, you'd think that she was very pretty.Putting a cross on a pagan symbols does not made it clean.
So your answer is that you have no idea whatsoever what significance the cross has regarding the obelisk. I'll wait for jamie to answer for himself.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
QUESTION: What object is at the very top of the obelisk in St. Peter's Square, and what is its significance?[/FONT]

The cross at the top of the obelisk signifies an updated historic Egyptian sun god religion from Heliopolis.

KingdomRose

And not much to do with Jesus Christ.

What a silly accusation. Do YOU take Christ's teachings as seriously as I and my friends do? Do you really think of him as your King---a real head-of-government that you identify your citizenship with?

Do you honor what Jesus said at Matthew 5:44 or do you go along with everybody else and learn to kill with your country's armed forces? We don't. If all Germans were JWs in WWII not a single American would have been killed by a German. Think about that.

Is Jesus your Leader, your Lord, your King? Or do you vote for men? We view Jesus as our Head-of-state, and we don't vote for anyone else. We have faith that He will take care of things without us getting involved in the world's problems. (John 17:14)

Can you really say we don't have much to do with Jesus?

Cruciform

The cross at the top of the obelisk signifies an updated historic Egyptian sun god religion from Heliopolis.
So your answer is that you have no idea whatsoever what significance the cross has regarding the obelisk. That's what I thought. Come back when you actually know what you're talking about.

KingdomRose

You bring up the subject of kingdoms. Good! That is what Jesus' theme was as he preached throughout the land. "I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, for I was sent for this purpose." (Luke 4:43, NASB)

He sent out his disciples to preach about God's kingdom also. "As you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'" (Matthew 10:7)

Were they preaching about something in people's hearts? Or was that kingdom a REAL kingdom---a government with rulers and subjects? Is there reason to think that Jesus was talking about a real government? What do these scriptures suggest to us?

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on his shoulders....There will be no end to the increase of his government or of peace, on the throne of David and over his kingdom." (Isaiah 9:6,7, NASB)

"In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed....it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever." (Daniel 2:44, NASB)

Doesn't it look like God's Kingdom is more than just something in our hearts? When Jesus said to the religious leaders of his day, "The Kingdom is in your midst," couldn't he have meant that he, as the King designate, was among them at that moment?

You guys argue about trivialities and totally avoid commenting on my post above about what Jesus tried to preach to the world of his day and even now directs his followers to take to all the nations (Matthew 24:14). The Good News of the Kingdom---a real government. What is it about God's government that you don't like to think about?

:king:

Robert Pate

Banned
You guys argue about trivialities and totally avoid commenting on my post above about what Jesus tried to preach to the world of his day and even now directs his followers to take to all the nations (Matthew 24:14). The Good News of the Kingdom---a real government. What is it about God's government that you don't like to think about?

:king:

Its not about a goverment.

Its about becoming a new creation in Jesus Christ.

"Therfore if any man be "IN CHRIST", he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold all things have become new" 2 Corinthians 5:17.

To be "In Christ" means that you are trusting in him and in him alone for your salvation. There is no room in the Gospel for religion.

beloved57

Its not about a goverment.

Its about becoming a new creation in Jesus Christ.

"Therfore if any man be "IN CHRIST", he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold all things have become new" 2 Corinthians 5:17.

To be "In Christ" means that you are trusting in him and in him alone for your salvation. There is no room in the Gospel for religion.

If one is a new creation they would believe the Gospel, Tulip !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If one is a new creation they would believe the Gospel, Tulip !

They will believe in the following;

John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 10:9-13 King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

A Flower? Get real!

Nanja

They will believe in the following;

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Jer. 17:9
The heart [inner man, mind, will, understanding] is deceitful above all things,
and desperately wicked: who can know it?

That's the heart of a natural/carnal man: it's desperately wicked.

So the only way a man has the ability to believe unto righteousness,
is if he is first given John 3:27 the Spirit in New Birth John 3:6,
because faith / belief is a Fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22.

No person will ever hear /understand the Spiritual meaning
of the scriptures 1 Cor 2:13 unless he is first Born of God John 8:47!

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
You don't believe or understand them scriptures! Explain them !

I thought you would never ask. Do you really want to know?

Jesus as God's new Adam and our new humanity has reconciled us to God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

In our name and on our behalf Jesus has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience to his Holy Law. It was his life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

That was not enough. Jesus who knew no sin became sin for us, 2 Corinthians 5:21. Jesus takes away our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Because of the work of Jesus we can now stand before God as Justified. Not only justified, but sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

But only if you receive and believe.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because of the work of Jesus we can now stand before God as Justified. Not only justified, but sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

It is worse than useless to follow a program of "whosever will", in a world of "universal won't".

AMR

beloved57

Jesus as God's new Adam and our new humanity has reconciled us to God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

In our name and on our behalf Jesus has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience to his Holy Law. It was his life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

That was not enough. Jesus who knew no sin became sin for us, 2 Corinthians 5:21. Jesus takes away our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

You have not explained anything, just quoted more scripture which you don't believe or understand ! Those People in the world of 2 Cor 5:19 have no sin charged to them, it is a saved world !

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

But only if you are a lucky ducky, in the right place at the right time, not born in a remote Pakistani village.

There you are Pate...fixed it for you

Robert Pate

Banned
You have not explained anything, just quoted more scripture which you don't believe or understand ! Those People in the world of 2 Cor 5:19 have no sin charged to them, it is a saved world !

Right! It is a saved world. God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ.

BUT NOTHING IS YOURS IF YOU DON'T RECEIVE IT.