Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

Apple7

pops....right about now...hours later......when he realizes that NO verse, in the entire Holy Bible states that The Father is The Holy Spirit. All those wasted years of peddling a false polemic, comes to reality...

vmboa.jpg

popsthebuilder

Because it is the same Spirit.

Does the FATHER have a spirit?

Does Jesus have a spirit?

Is the Christ anointed with a spirit? What spirit?

There is only One.
Grace is The Holy Spirit...and it comes from BOTH the Father & The Son.

Try again...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

What a clown you like to portray.

I already gave scripture showing GOD is the Holy Spirit, and that the Holy Spirit was/ is in Christ.

Why post more? So you can outright neglect more?

When one's doctrine isn't due to the words of man, but GOD; then it won't change with the wind.

I was working and haven't had time to check my phone till now really. Not that there is any need for me to provide any more scripture that you can't refute.

As if GOD ALMIGHTY is only ever referenced as the Father in scripture.....please.
pops....right about now...hours later......when he realizes that NO verse, in the entire Holy Bible states that The Father is The Holy Spirit. All those wasted years of peddling a false polemic, comes to reality...

vmboa.jpg

Apple7

By the way; grace is of GOD..... you know; GOD Spirit per direct translation? Or would you have us think this is some separate Spirit?

'Grace' is God The Holy Spirit....of which, you already admitted to locating in scripture.

Further, Grace is delivered from both The Father and The Son.

The 13 salutatory greetings at the beginning of Paul's letters are Triune.

Deal with it...

glorydaz

What a clown you like to portray.

GOD is the Holy Spirit

No, God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Now, you can say the Holy Spirit is God...that's true.

But you'd have to add the Father is God,
And you'd have to add the Son is God.

You can't have one without the others because God is Triune.

It's why you need to attend Sunday School Classes.

A unit of three.

Just like your finger. Three bones in one digit.

popsthebuilder

There is a subsidiary nature shown in the closing of each of his letters too.

Oops....no co-eternal trinity....
'Grace' is God The Holy Spirit....of which, you already admitted to locating in scripture.

Further, Grace is delivered from both The Father and The Son.

The 13 salutatory greetings at the beginning of Paul's letters are Triune.

Deal with it...

popsthebuilder

No, God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Now, you can say the Holy Spirit is God...that's true.

But you'd have to add the Father is God,
And you'd have to add the Son is God.

You can't have one without the others because God is Triune.

It's why you need to attend Sunday School Classes.

A unit of three.

Just like your finger. Three bones in one digit.
All the same finger.

All the same Spirit.

Apple7

There is a subsidiary nature shown in the closing of each of his letters too.

Oops....no co-eternal trinity....

The thirteen introductory greetings of Paul’s letters all have one thing in common, and that is that they are all Triune in nature.

The typical into salutation reads as thus…

χαρις υμιν και ειρηνη απο θεου πατρος ημων και κυριου ιησου χριστου

Charis hymin kai eirēnē apo Theou Patros hēmōn kai Kyriou Iēsou Christou

Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father and Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Cor 1.3

Observe that Grace (The Holy Spirit) is in the nominative, and that God The Father, and The Lord Jesus Christ are both in the Genitive, which means that both The Father & The Son are in direct possession of The Holy Spirit, and is given from each, simultaneously.

The Father & The Son are NOT The Holy Spirit, rather, each provides the Holy Spirit.

Thus, the intro, to each letter, is from The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.

The Trinity.

Compare to the similar exit valediction, as thus…

η χαρις του κυριου ιησου μεθ υμων

hē charis tou Kyriou Iēsou meth'hymōn

The Grace of The Lord Jesus be with you. 1 Cor 16.23

Again, at the end of Paul’s letter, The Grace (The Holy Spirit) is in the nominative, and The Lord Jesus is in the Genitive, which means that Jesus is in direct possession of The Holy Spirit.

Jesus is NOT The Holy Spirit, rather, Jesus provides the Holy Spirit.

popsthebuilder

The thirteen introductory greetings of Paul’s letters all have one thing in common, and that is that they are all Triune in nature.

The typical into salutation reads as thus…

χαρις υμιν και ειρηνη απο θεου πατρος ημων και κυριου ιησου χριστου

Charis hymin kai eirēnē apo Theou Patros hēmōn kai Kyriou Iēsou Christou

Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father and Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Cor 1.3

Observe that Grace (The Holy Spirit) is in the nominative, and that God The Father, and The Lord Jesus Christ are both in the Genitive, which means that both The Father & The Son are in direct possession of The Holy Spirit, and is given from each, simultaneously.

The Father & The Son are NOT The Holy Spirit, rather, each provides the Holy Spirit.

Thus, the intro, to each letter, is from The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.

The Trinity.

Compare to the similar exit valediction, as thus…

η χαρις του κυριου ιησου μεθ υμων

hē charis tou Kyriou Iēsou meth'hymōn

The Grace of The Lord Jesus be with you. 1 Cor 16.23

Again, at the end of Paul’s letter, The Grace (The Holy Spirit) is in the nominative, and The Lord Jesus is in the Genitive, which means that Jesus is in direct possession of The Holy Spirit.

Jesus is NOT The Holy Spirit, rather, Jesus provides the Holy Spirit.
Reading into the texts what isn't there I see. Grace is not special code for Holy Spirit.....take off your trinitarian glasses.

Apple7

Reading into the texts what isn't there I see. Grace is not special code for Holy Spirit.....take off your trinitarian glasses.

Heb 10.29

ποσω δοκειτε χειρονος αξιωθησεται τιμωριας ο τον υιον του θεου καταπατησας και το αιμα της διαθηκης κοινον ηγησαμενος εν ω ηγιασθη και το πνευμα της χαριτος ενυβρισας

posō dokeite cheironos axiōthēsetai timōrias ho ton Huion tou Theou katapatēsas kai to haima tēs diathēkēs koinon hēgēsamenos en hō hēgiasthē kai To Pneuma Tēs Charitos enybrisas

How much worse punishment do you think will be thought worthy to receive, the one trampling the Son of God, and having counted common the blood of the covenant in which he was sanctified, and having insulted The Spirit, The Grace?

glorydaz

Hey glorydaz..... This is interesting, and something I didn't see before... But, Jesus is spelled JHWH.
Where?
Romans 10:9-13 Paul talks about the importance of confessing Jesus Christ as "Lord". In these verses, Paul is quoting from Joel 2:32 "And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD (JHWH) will be saved."

Indeed, I've posted that before, and it's why I say those who deny Jesus is God are denying He is Lord as required in Romans 10. Thanks for bring that up.

"The Lord our God is ONE LORD"....the shema and Paul speak of the same thing here.

1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.​

Paul is repeating the Shema, as did Jesus.

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:​

TrevorL

Greetings glorydaz,
Indeed, I've posted that before, and it's why I say those who deny Jesus is God are denying He is Lord as required in Romans 10. Thanks for bring that up.
"The Lord our God is ONE LORD"....the shema and Paul speak of the same thing here.
1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.​
Paul is repeating the Shema, as did Jesus.
Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:
Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:​
I doubt very much that the scribe who talked with Jesus, who like most Jews were strictly monotheistic, walked away on this occasion believing that Jesus had included Himself in the Shema, as the One God, Yahweh. They believed that Yahweh was in heaven, and would agree with Jesus’ prayer, Our Father who is in heaven.

There is a need to distinguish between the two words usually translated “LORD” and “Lord” in the OT and the following shows the distinction:
Psalm 110:1 (KJV): The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

This distinction between Jesus as Lord and God the Father as both Yahweh and Lord is evident also in the following:
Matthew 11:25–30 (KJV): 25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Philippians 2:8-11 (KJV): 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Whatever you decide as the meaning of “Lord” here in this Philippians reference, whether Lord in the sense of Master or Ruler and King or even the Name Yahweh, nevertheless the Name and position and status has been given to Jesus by God the Father, because God the Father has now exalted Jesus. When we bow the knee to Jesus it is to the glory of God the Father, not to God the Son and not to the Trinity. Jesus now represents Yahweh, God the Father, but he is a separate person from God the Father.

There is only one God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

popsthebuilder

Heb 10.29

ποσω δοκειτε χειρονος αξιωθησεται τιμωριας ο τον υιον του θεου καταπατησας και το αιμα της διαθηκης κοινον ηγησαμενος εν ω ηγιασθη και το πνευμα της χαριτος ενυβρισας

posō dokeite cheironos axiōthēsetai timōrias ho ton Huion tou Theou katapatēsas kai to haima tēs diathēkēs koinon hēgēsamenos en hō hēgiasthē kai To Pneuma Tēs Charitos enybrisas

How much worse punishment do you think will be thought worthy to receive, the one trampling the Son of God, and having counted common the blood of the covenant in which he was sanctified, and having insulted The Spirit, The Grace?
Nice try friend.

It revolves around the notion of One GOD/ One Spirit, and the Grace of the One GOD/Spirit through our Lord Christ which too is the Spirit and not to be conflated with the physical or man.
8855bcd84d303243267380bb9a207cab.jpg
e4bd4a3890409b1d17db027b03a0b5cc.jpg

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nice try friend.

It revolves around the notion of One GOD/ One Spirit, and the Grace of the One GOD/Spirit through our Lord Christ which too is the Spirit and not to be conflated with the physical or man.
8855bcd84d303243267380bb9a207cab.jpg
e4bd4a3890409b1d17db027b03a0b5cc.jpg

What's interesting is that it's right there but you can't see it...

"punishment is for Me to give"
"I will repay"
"the Lord will judge His people"

Three actions for three Persons, one God.