Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

God's Truth

God is a spirit. Jhn 4:24KJV
He is also personal Jeremiah 9:24KJV

The Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit are spirit.
The Word is spirit and manifested Himself to us via a physical body.

The Holy Spirit and the Word proceeded from the Father.

That is right; and, there is only ONE SPIRIT.

Now why don't you deal with that?

Why don't you deal with my other points in my post?

God's Truth

Scripture?

Exodus 3:14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

John 8:24
That is why I told you that you would die in your sins. For unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."

God's Truth

I think it would be fair to admit that the CC doesn't teach to worship Mary, but the fact is that many if not most Catholics DO worship her.

Of course the Catholic church teaches the Catholics to worship Mary.

"For to be right and good, worship of the Mother of God ought to spring from the heart; acts of the body have here neither utility nor value if the acts of the soul have no part in them" ENCYCLICAL OF POPE PIUS X ON THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION Given at Rome in St. Peter's on the second day of February, 1904, in the first year of Our Pontificate.
https://catholicsaints.info/pope-pi...on-the-immaculate-conception-2-february-1904/

Don't you know the Catholics make statues of Mary and bow and pray to her? Don't you know that the Catholic popes put a crown on the statue and it is a well known Catholic holy time?

Don't you know the Catholic church has named Mary Co Redeemer and Mediatrix?

Don't you know that the Catholic's current pope Francis calls her the Gate to Heaven?

https://w2.vatican.va/content/franc...ocuments/papa-francesco_angelus_20171101.html
Here is the letter from the Catholic's pope Francis where he calls Mary the Gate of Heaven;

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
You'll be gone soon enough...

Really? That's all you have you liar? I'll repeat what I said:

QUOTE: But ON the subject of this thread... ....you are quite the judgemental jackass, you know that? You told that Jewish guy he is going to hell, you tell everyone who is and is not going to hell, you accuse me of idolatry, and this thread is you passing judgement on an entire group of people. Who the hell made YOU God!!

You know what? If anyone here is going to hell its probably YOU. I don't think God likes you stealing his chair bub. You're just a little to judgemental and too holier-than-thou. God in his wisdom probably plans on taking you down a few pegs and teaching you a little humility before the game is up. Perhaps you should consider shutting you piehole for a while.

So, you got anything else to say? I got more for ya'.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
CC...

Just a word of advice....no one is going to read your webpaste.

Be an adult and make your OWN replies...

Just a word of advice to you too: Stop being a liar and stop being a judgemental jackass. Just like you told that Jewish guy he is going to hell, you tell everyone who is and is not going to hell, you accuse me of idolatry, and this thread is you passing judgement on an entire group of people. You're a sick person..

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Its been 196 pages. Have any of you Einsteins figured it out yet?

God is Trinity.

Jesus is God, the Second Person of the Trinity, who became man.

JW's deny the divinity of Christ and therefore adhere to the 4th century heresy of Arianism (along with a few other goofy quirky doctrines).

I think that sums it up nicely. I could have saved most of you eggheads a bunch of typing.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I see no verses that say Jesus is God........

Well here they are: In John 5:18 we are told that Jesus’ opponents sought to kill him because he "called God his Father, making himself equal with God."

In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I AM" or YHWH (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59).

Perhaps most important are passages that apply the title "the First and the Last" to Jesus. The "First and the Last" is an Old Testament title of Yahweh: "Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of armies: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; besides me there is no god’" (Is. 44:6; cf. 41:4, 48:12). This title is directly applied to Jesus three times in the book of Revelation: "When I saw him [Christ], I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand upon me, saying, ‘Fear not, I am the First and the Last’" (Rev. 1:17). "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the First and the Last, who died and came to life’" (Rev. 2:8). "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the beginning and the end" (Rev. 22:12–13). This last quote is especially significant since it applies to Jesus the parallel title "the Alpha and the Omega," which Revelation earlier applied to the Lord God: "‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty" (Rev. 1:8).

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Now you have seen them. If you deny the Divinity of Christ then you are not a Christian. That is a fact. Sorry if it hurts.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

Trinity for Dummies:

This is very simple:
First, we all agree that the Father is God, so I will not bother to proof that.

Second, the Bible is explicit that Jesus also is God. In John 5:18 we are told that Jesus’ opponents sought to kill him because he "called God his Father, making himself equal with God."

In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I AM" or YHWH (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59).

Perhaps most important are passages that apply the title "the First and the Last" to Jesus. The "First and the Last" is an Old Testament title of Yahweh: "Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of armies: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; besides me there is no god’" (Is. 44:6; cf. 41:4, 48:12). This title is directly applied to Jesus three times in the book of Revelation: "When I saw him [Christ], I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand upon me, saying, ‘Fear not, I am the First and the Last’" (Rev. 1:17). "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the First and the Last, who died and came to life’" (Rev. 2:8). "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the beginning and the end" (Rev. 22:12–13). This last quote is especially significant since it applies to Jesus the parallel title "the Alpha and the Omega," which Revelation earlier applied to the Lord God: "‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty" (Rev. 1:8).

So that wraps up number 2, that Jesus is God.

Third, the Holy Spirit is God. The Bible is pretty clear on that in 1 Cor. 2:10–13, Acts 5:3–4, 28:25–28, and many other places so I won't go into depth on that one here.

THEREFORE: Since the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is God (cf. John 8:58, 10:38, 14:10; Col. 2:9), and it also clearly teaches that the Holy Spirit is God (cf. Acts 5:3–4, 28:25–28; 1 Cor. 2:10–13), and since we all agree that the Father is God, and at the same time we know there is only one God (Mark 12:29, 1 Cor. 8:4–6, Jas. 2:19), the only way we hold all four truths is by saying that all three are one God.

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

We have to grasp the difficult concept that one being does not necessarily equate to one person.

A cat or a dog is one being and NO persons. A bird or a fish is one being and NO persons. A human is one being and ONE person. God is one being and THREE persons.

"Being" refers to what we are. "Person" refers to who we are. God, the Bible states, is Father, Son, Holy Spirit. WHO he is is three persons. WHAT he is is one God.

** Also, those who deny the Trinity usually also deny the Divinity of Christ, and this too is an old heresy

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
That is right; and, there is only ONE SPIRIT.

Now why don't you deal with that?

Why don't you deal with my other points in my post?

So in the case of Jesus praying to the Father in the garden, did the Father possess the spirit, or did Jesus?
Or did they share the one spirit?

God's Truth

So in the case of Jesus praying to the Father in the garden, did the Father possess the spirit, or did Jesus?
Or did they share the one spirit?

They have the same Spirit because they are the same God.

The trinity doctrine says they are not the same and that they are different.

Now tell me, since they have the same Spirit, how are they different?

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
They have the same Spirit because they are the same God.

The trinity doctrine says they are not the same and that they are different.

Now tell me, since they have the same Spirit, how are they different?

Answer my question first.

If it is the same spirit as you say, did they share it?
And if they did, does that mean that they each did not have 100% of that same spirit.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

And if they did, does that mean that they each did not have 100% of that same spirit.

Theology 101. Yessir. Spirit cannot be divided. God is ONE Spirit. That is WHAT he is. As to WHO he is, he is Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

As I said before: We have to grasp the difficult concept that one being does not necessarily equate to one person.

A cat or a dog is one being and NO persons. A bird or a fish is one being and NO persons. A human is one being and ONE person. God is one being and THREE persons.

"Being" refers to what we are. "Person" refers to who we are. God, the Bible states, is Father, Son, Holy Spirit. WHO he is is three persons. WHAT he is is one God.

Furthermore:

First, we all agree that the Father is God, so I will not bother to proof that.

Second, the Bible is explicit that Jesus also is God. In John 5:18 we are told that Jesus’ opponents sought to kill him because he "called God his Father, making himself equal with God."

So that wraps up number 2, that Jesus is God.

Third, the Holy Spirit is God. The Bible is pretty clear on that in 1 Cor. 2:10–13, Acts 5:3–4, 28:25–28, and many other places so I won't go into depth on that one here.

THEREFORE: Since the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is God (cf. John 8:58, 10:38, 14:10; Col. 2:9), and it also clearly teaches that the Holy Spirit is God (cf. Acts 5:3–4, 28:25–28; 1 Cor. 2:10–13), and since we all agree that the Father is God, and at the same time we know there is only one God (Mark 12:29, 1 Cor. 8:4–6, Jas. 2:19), the only way we hold all four truths is by saying that all three are one God.

Apple7

Just a word of advice to you too: Stop being a liar and stop being a judgemental jackass. Just like you told that Jewish guy he is going to hell, you tell everyone who is and is not going to hell, you accuse me of idolatry, and this thread is you passing judgement on an entire group of people. You're a sick person..

Anyone that resorts to worshiping Mary, and name-calling, is unfit to provide advice to anyone...

God's Truth

They don't 'share' a Spirit.
Do you really think that they are not themselves Spirit?
When one is using the Spirit, then what happens to the other?
What do you say each is?

It isn't sharing the same Spirit, it is about being the same Spirit.

You are the one who said they share the same spirit.