Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

KingdomRose

Musterion.....I just posted a lengthy response to the section on your Graphics, in a new thread, on "I Am," and it got deleted because it said I wasn't logged in---but I was. I went to retrieve what I had written but can't find it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
A "person" and a "being" are the same thing.

The Trinity is three Beings. Trinitarians are polytheists.

There you go ignoring arguments again.

There is a difference indeed. The word being as used formally by the church in discussions of theology proper (being, attributes, works of God) means essence.

By ascribing simplicity to God we mean that He is not composed of various parts, such as the body and soul in man, and for that very reason God is not subject to division. The three persons in the Godhead are not so many parts of which the divine essence is composed. For example, we do not say the one divine essence of God is 1/3 Father, 1/3 Son, 1/3 Holy Spirit. Rather, we properly say the whole essence (being) of God belongs to each one of the Persons.

In other words, within that one divine essence are three personal distinctions: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Essence is the very being of God—the very, eternal, and only Deity—while the term Person refers to the manner in which the being of God, or the divine essence, subsists in each of these three.

- God the Father is that Being, or essence, who is of himself, and not from another.
- The Son is that self-same Being, or essence, not of himself, but of the Father.
- The Holy Spirit is in like manner the self-same Being, or essence, not of himself, but from the Father and the Son.

Thus the Being, or divine essence, of the there persons of the Godhead is one and the same in number. But to be of himself, or from another—from one, or from two; that is, to have this one divine essence of himself, or to have it communicated from another—from one or from two, expresses the manner of existence which is three-fold and distinct. To wit, to be of himself, to be begotten or generated, and to proceed; and hence, the three persons which are expressed by the term, Trinity.

See:
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...lical-or-not&p=5113770&viewfull=1#post5113770

AMR

QUOTE=Ask Mr. Religion;5232096
/QUOTE
[MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION]

popsthebuilder

There you go ignoring arguments again.

There is a difference indeed. The word being as used formally by the church in discussions of theology proper (being, attributes, works of God) means essence.

By ascribing simplicity to God we mean that He is not composed of various parts, such as the body and soul in man, and for that very reason God is not subject to division. The three persons in the Godhead are not so many parts of which the divine essence is composed. For example, we do not say the one divine essence of God is 1/3 Father, 1/3 Son, 1/3 Holy Spirit. Rather, we properly say the whole essence (being) of God belongs to each one of the Persons.

In other words, within that one divine essence are three personal distinctions: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Essence is the very being of God—the very, eternal, and only Deity—while the term Person refers to the manner in which the being of God, or the divine essence, subsists in each of these three.

- God the Father is that Being, or essence, who is of himself, and not from another.
- The Son is that self-same Being, or essence, not of himself, but of the Father.
- The Holy Spirit is in like manner the self-same Being, or essence, not of himself, but from the Father and the Son.

Thus the Being, or divine essence, of the there persons of the Godhead is one and the same in number. But to be of himself, or from another—from one, or from two; that is, to have this one divine essence of himself, or to have it communicated from another—from one or from two, expresses the manner of existence which is three-fold and distinct. To wit, to be of himself, to be begotten or generated, and to proceed; and hence, the three persons which are expressed by the term, Trinity.

See:
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...lical-or-not&p=5113770&viewfull=1#post5113770

AMR

QUOTE=Ask Mr. Religion;5232096
/QUOTE
"In other words, within that one divine essence are three personal distinctions: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit."

Making three separate god almighties; a horrid atrocity.

The alternative is that none are god almighty in and of themselves; which is also plainly wrong.

There is One essence of GOD. IT is known theough the Son.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
"In other words, within that one divine essence are three personal distinctions: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit."

Making three separate god almighties; a horrid atrocity.

The alternative is that none are god almighty in and of themselves; which is also plainly wrong.

There is One essence of GOD. IT is known theough the Son.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

No, Pops, again, ONE GOD, THREE PERSONS. Not Three Gods. Why is that so hard to understand?

glorydaz

Wow, well that's a new one, so Jesus is God because the word believes is repeated 3 times in a couple of verses? Those verses clearly tell us that God sent Jesus! And I'm the wrong one because I believe Jesus's own words when he clearly says that the father is the only true God and that he is his God also? And because I believe the apostles when they say that God is the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ and that the head of Christ is God. But I'm the wrong one?

There's no word trinity in the Bible, No word triune, there's no God the son.
There is in the Bible however, Jesus and his apostles saying that he's the son of God, and that the father is the only true God, and that he's the God and father of Christ Jesus, and that Christ, the son is under subjection to him, and that God has exalted him, given him authority and made him Lord given him a name above every name, and that the head of Christ is God and that Jesus was sent by him and came to do his will.

Now, why shouldn't I believe all that? It's in the Bible!

It's in the Bible that there is ONE GOD.

Unfortunately for you, you don't know that ONE God is Father, Son, and Spirit.

You don't know that ONE GOD is triune in nature.

Thus when you deny the Son is God, you're denying the ONE GOD.

glorydaz

Then you have the wrong God.

There is only One God. You just don't know Him....not when He came upon Mary and she conceived, not when He became flesh and dwelt among us, and not when He gave Himself a sacrifice for sin.

Simply put....you don't know Him.

Isaiah 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

keypurr

There is only One God. You just don't know Him....not when He came upon Mary and she conceived, not when He became flesh and dwelt among us, and not when He gave Himself a sacrifice for sin.

Simply put....you don't know Him.

Isaiah 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

How does this prove that Jesus is God?

Is Jesus a liar when he tells us that his Father is the only true God?

Apple7

How does this prove that Jesus is God?

Is Jesus a liar when he tells us that his Father is the only true God?

Jesus is the TRUE GOD, here...

οιδαμεν δε οτι ο υιος του θεου ηκει και δεδωκεν ημιν διανοιαν ινα γινωσκομεν τον αληθινον και εσμεν εν τω αληθινω εν τω υιω αυτου ιησου χριστω ουτος εστιν ο αληθινος θεος και ζωη αιωνιος

oidamen de hoti ho huios tou theou hēkei kai dedōken hēmin dianoian hina ginōskōmen ton alēthinon kai esmen en tō huiō autou Iēsou Christō houtos estin ho alēthinos theos kai zōē aiōnios

And we know that the Son of God has come, and He has given to us an understanding that we may know the true One, and we are in the true One, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and the life eternal. (1 John 5.20)

Got any NEW material, pops?