Catholicism: The Mother of All Religions

Robert Pate

Banned
All religions are worthless and will not merit salvation. They are worthless because they have been abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

Under the New Covenant we are NOT called to live by rules, laws, or religion. We are called to live by faith, "THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" Romans 1:17. Living by faith does not mean living by religion. It means living by faith in Christ and his Gospel. In the Gospel we are complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. No religion needed.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Not for this Christian.

Catholicism is the religion of you must, you must, you must and if you don't you are anathema.

It is a religion of works. To be a Catholic is to be under the law and under the curse, Galatians 3:10.

They are not trusting in Christ, they are trusting in themselves and the Catholic church.

You are one of them.

Bard_the_Bowman

Good point.

But we sailed away from Philippi after the Days of Unleavened Bread and in five days joined them at Troas where we stayed seven days. Now on the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul, ready to depart the next day, spoke to them and continued his message until midnight. (Acts 20:6-7)

I have seen people try to use Acts 20:7 to establish Sunday observance, but does it really? It seems they often fail to mention the preceding verse about the Days of Unleavened Bread.

The Days of Unleavened Bread occur annually from Nisan 15 through Nisan 21. During this seven day period there are normally three Sabbaths, two annual Sabbaths and the weekly Sabbath. Occasionally one of the annual Sabbaths will coincide with the weekly Sabbath and there will only be two Sabbaths during Unleavened Bread.

Paul stayed at Troas seven days which would be Monday through Sunday. Luke does not tell us whether Paul spoke at the synagogue on the Sabbath but he does say that when the people broke bread that evening (the beginning of Sunday) he spoke until daybreak Sunday morning.

Paul evidently had a lot to say to the people of Troas and he wanted to get it in before the people continued their harvest the next day and Paul moved on. Paul wanted to be in Jerusalem for Pentecost.

There is nothing about Paul's all night speaking that established a precedent for Sunday observance. If anything it establishes the observance of Unleavened Bread. Too bad that is usually skipped over.

Hey Jamie,

I finally had time to ponder your thoughts above and I agree with your statement:

"There is nothing about Paul's all night speaking that established a precedent for Sunday observance."

I think you are correct in that.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Peace.

Robert Pate

Banned
Hey Jamie,

I finally had time to ponder your thoughts above and I agree with your statement:

"There is nothing about Paul's all night speaking that established a precedent for Sunday observance."

I think you are correct in that.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Peace.

Christians are not required to observe any days, Galatians 4:10, 11.

Robert Pate

Banned
Both of you teach salvation by works, by what man does! Y'all first cousins lol

So, you believe that no one is required to respond to the Gospel.

Just hear that Christ died for your sins and do nothing.

That is the teaching of the devil himself.

beloved57

So, you believe that no one is required to respond to the Gospel.

Just hear that Christ died for your sins and do nothing.

That is the teaching of the devil himself.

What I believe is posted in my threads. What you believe is posted also, and you believe in salvation by the will of man,which is works religion!

Robert Pate

Banned
What I believe is posted in my threads. What you believe is posted also, and you believe in salvation by the will of man,which is works religion!

To teach that men should not respond to the fact that Christ shed his blood for them is about as Satanic as it can get.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Robert Pate;4887804 said:
Christ has abolished the law only for those that saved.

The law of Christ is only for his flock.

To reject his law is to be under condemnation.

Bard_the_Bowman

All laws, rules and religions have been abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

Hey Robert.

You are simply wrong because Ephesians 2:15 does not say what you said it does:

"For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity."

First I notice that the verses (14-16) nowhere say what you said...that "All laws, rules, and religions have been abolished." It just doesn't say that.

That is just your interpretation of the verses. I know that you really really want to believe that...but the Bible nowhere says that that I have seen.

It seems pretty clear contextually that Paul is telling the Gentiles and Jews that the Jewish ceremonial laws that were established in the Old Covenant to separate the Jews from the Gentiles have been abolished. The bolded sections in the verses above support this idea. That's what is meant by the "both" and the "two" above.

What he is saying is that in Christ, all are united and there is no longer that separation between Jew or Gentile.

So it is the Jewish ceremonial laws (dietary restrictions, circumcision, etc) that are no longer needed because the separation is no longer needed.

That doesn't mean that ALL laws, rules, and religions have been abolished, though.

Or else Jesus contradicts Himself anytime He tells anyone to "keep the commandments" (which He did), or "feed the poor" (which He did), or "forgive" (which He did), or "love one another" (which He did).

If those aren't rules or laws...what would you call them....suggestions?

Peace.

Robert Pate

Banned
Hey Robert.

You are simply wrong because Ephesians 2:15 does not say what you said it does:

"For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity."

First I notice that the verses (14-16) nowhere say what you said...that "All laws, rules, and religions have been abolished." It just doesn't say that.

That is just your interpretation of the verses. I know that you really really want to believe that...but the Bible nowhere says that that I have seen.

It seems pretty clear contextually that Paul is telling the Gentiles and Jews that the Jewish ceremonial laws that were established in the Old Covenant to separate the Jews from the Gentiles have been abolished. The bolded sections in the verses above support this idea. That's what is meant by the "both" and the "two" above.

What he is saying is that in Christ, all are united and there is no longer that separation between Jew or Gentile.

So it is the Jewish ceremonial laws (dietary restrictions, circumcision, etc) that are no longer needed because the separation is no longer needed.

That doesn't mean that ALL laws, rules, and religions have been abolished, though.

Or else Jesus contradicts Himself anytime He tells anyone to "keep the commandments" (which He did), or "feed the poor" (which He did), or "forgive" (which He did), or "love one another" (which He did).

If those aren't rules or laws...what would you call them....suggestions?

Peace.

Jesus was a teacher of the law. The law reveals the righteousness of God and the sinfulness of man. I believe that the reason that thousands came to know Christ as their savior on the day of Pentecost was because they had been following Jesus around and listening to him preach the law.

While Jesus was dying on the cross God tore the veil that covered the "Holy of Holies" from the top to the bottom, Matthew 27:51. This signified the end of the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion. From now on the Jews were no longer required to live according to the law or the Jewish religion. This is why Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not according to religion.

The just were to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel, plus nothing.

everready

Keith Green identified the system in the early 80's.

Musician Keith Green Identified The Roman Catholic Antichrist And Whore Of Babylon

This quote is from an article from Keith Green, who wrote worship songs and preached to audiences.

“It is obvious by even this brief glimpse into the doctrines of mortal and venial sins, confession, penance, and purgatory, that the Roman Catholic Church has constructed one of the most unbiblical doctrinal system that has ever been considered “Christian”.

The fear, anguish, and religious bondage that such a system of “reward and punishment’ creates, has tormented millions of lives for centuries, and continues to prey on those who are ignorant of the biblical way of salvation.

To merely call such a system “a cult”, would be to throw it into the cast category of religions and quasi-religions that are currently making the rounds of our college campuses and city streets, snatching up unsuspecting youth.

No, the Roman Catholic Church is not a cult. It’s an empire! With its own ruler, its own laws, and its own subjects! The empire has no borders, it encompasses the globe with its eye on every person who does not vow allegiance.

It calls the members of other faiths “separated brethren” and has as its goal the eventual bringing together of everyone under its flag.

Mouths that used to speak out boldly against the Church of Rome ahve been quieted by the times. It no longer is in vogue to speak of the pope as “the antichrist” or the Catholic Church as the “whore of Babylon”. Now Protestants unwittingly believe that “our differences are not so great”. Ah, that is just what She wants us to think!

I’ve never completely understood why God led me to write these articles. But it becomes more clear with each day of study, and each page of research. Never has something so black and wicked, gotten away with appearing so holy and mysteriously beautiful. . . for so long!“

Keith died in a plane crash. Maybe the enemy didn’t like his words of truth.

http://christianitybeliefs.org/end-...man-catholic-antichrist-and-whore-of-babylon/

everready

Bard_the_Bowman

Keith Green identified the system in the early 80's.

Musician Keith Green Identified The Roman Catholic Antichrist And Whore Of Babylon

This quote is from an article from Keith Green, who wrote worship songs and preached to audiences.

“It is obvious by even this brief glimpse into the doctrines of mortal and venial sins, confession, penance, and purgatory, that the Roman Catholic Church has constructed one of the most unbiblical doctrinal system that has ever been considered “Christian”.

The fear, anguish, and religious bondage that such a system of “reward and punishment’ creates, has tormented millions of lives for centuries, and continues to prey on those who are ignorant of the biblical way of salvation.

To merely call such a system “a cult”, would be to throw it into the cast category of religions and quasi-religions that are currently making the rounds of our college campuses and city streets, snatching up unsuspecting youth.

No, the Roman Catholic Church is not a cult. It’s an empire! With its own ruler, its own laws, and its own subjects! The empire has no borders, it encompasses the globe with its eye on every person who does not vow allegiance.

It calls the members of other faiths “separated brethren” and has as its goal the eventual bringing together of everyone under its flag.

Mouths that used to speak out boldly against the Church of Rome ahve been quieted by the times. It no longer is in vogue to speak of the pope as “the antichrist” or the Catholic Church as the “whore of Babylon”. Now Protestants unwittingly believe that “our differences are not so great”. Ah, that is just what She wants us to think!

I’ve never completely understood why God led me to write these articles. But it becomes more clear with each day of study, and each page of research. Never has something so black and wicked, gotten away with appearing so holy and mysteriously beautiful. . . for so long!“

Keith died in a plane crash. Maybe the enemy didn’t like his words of truth.

http://christianitybeliefs.org/end-...man-catholic-antichrist-and-whore-of-babylon/

everready

Hey everready,

And as a singer, musician, and writer of worship songs who preached to his audiences....we should trust that Keith knew what he was talking about as a theologian???

Was he a theologian??

And whether he was or wasn't...what makes his opinion trustworthy?

In other words, why should we listen to what Keith Green had to say? What authority did he have?

May God have mercy on his soul.

Peace.

everready

Hey everready,

And as a singer, musician, and writer of worship songs who preached to his audiences....we should trust that Keith knew what he was talking about as a theologian???

Was he a theologian??

And whether he was or wasn't...what makes his opinion trustworthy?

In other words, why should we listen to what Keith Green had to say? What authority did he have?

May God have mercy on his soul.

Peace.

He had the same authority all of Gods children have "Gods Word"

everready