Cant You See It Yet

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
We can FEEL love and it is not LUST.

I said
It is coveting. Or lust. Covet is singular, and lust is plural. One covets a two story house. One lusts after many homes. One covets a dollar, one lusts after money. One covets their neighbors wife, one lusts after women. One covets their own family.

God's Truth

I said
It is coveting. Or lust. Covet is singular, and lust is plural. One covets a two story house. One lusts after many homes. One covets a dollar, one lusts after money. One covets their neighbors wife, one lusts after women. One covets their own family.

What you are saying has nothing to do with the Truth.

Love is a feeling, and it overcomes demons and the darkness.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What you are saying has nothing to do with the Truth.

Love is a feeling, and it overcomes demons and the darkness.

I said
Here is all your emotions. Which one are you calling love? Don't you know that all your emotions are working against the Holy Spirit.

Gal 5:16-21
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
(NKJ)

Rom 13:9
9 For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not bear false witness," "You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I don't believe that having a feeling is knowing god is inside of you. Jesus did liken the holy spirit to a fountain of water though. I don't see it being described anywhere else as a feeling apart from that.

I said
People that worship in the flesh think love is a feeling. People that have crucified their flesh with all its emotions and feelings. Know that love is an action.

Gal 5:16-25
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Love is a feeling though, I already know your stance on thinking people shouldn't have emotions like passion etc. I think we should keep our carnal selves in check and maybe it is possible for some to become cold emotionally due to some trama. But it is not natural.

When I read the passage you wrote I take from it that we are to refrain from sinful and demonic thoughts in our hearts. Not that we sometimes won't sin in our flesh as said in 1 John 2, it does say that we should not sin but if we do sin we have Jesus as an advocate.

Another thing is that if someone can't refrain from being filled with 'passion' or worldly 'lust' (not that lust itself is bad, we all should be lusting after Gods spirit). We should find an out. Paul said to some disciples that we should drink some alcohol for our stomachs sake. Another example is to say we should get married if we are unable to control ourselves 1 Cor 7:9.

Take from this what you will

I said
You posted some interesting points. But I might give you this to think about also. There is nothing natural about being born again. That is very unnatural.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
What keeps me from being drawn into your carnal logic. Is the Holy Spirit. By the verses He gives me. Cant you see why you must agree with your carnal logic and reasoning. It is a strong feeling that gets aroused in you pushing you to accept it. That feeling is an emotion or unclean spirit. And until you resist that devil you will always walk in deception.

James 4:6-10
6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble."
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
(NKJ)

You will end up like Letsargue, I remember that once upon a time his posts did make some sense.