Cant You See It Yet

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What keeps me from being drawn into your carnal logic. Is the Holy Spirit. By the verses He gives me. Cant you see why you must agree with your carnal logic and reasoning. It is a strong feeling that gets aroused in you pushing you to accept it. That feeling is an emotion or unclean spirit. And until you resist that devil you will always walk in deception.

James 4:6-10
6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble."
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
(NKJ)

God's Truth

Jesus is God with a body, and God and Jesus are love. Love is a feeling. It is how we feel the Lord inside us.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is God with a body, and God and Jesus are love. Love is a feeling. It is how we feel the Lord inside us.

I said
Think about it. If that was so God couldn't forsake Himself. And leave Himself.

Matt 27:46
46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Can anyone define love? If the love is the purpose, and goal. Don't you think it would be wise to atleast know what it is.

1 Tim 1:5-6
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
(NKJ)

Bradley D

Can anyone define love? If the love is the purpose, and goal. Don't you think it would be wise to atleast know what it is.

1 Tim 1:5-6
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
(NKJ)

Definition of love:

'Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth..." (1 Cor. 13:4-8a).

God's Truth

I said

46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
(NKJ)

There are three of One God, and they are all one and the same God.

God's Truth

The whole Bible tells us how to love. Our obedience is love. Jesus tells us how to love, and when we feel love inside us, we are feeling the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

I said
Do you think Jesus felt that while hanging on the cross?

Oh yes, for Jesus is God, and God is love. The words of God is the Word of God, and His words are love and full of life and Spirit.

Jesus even forgave them as he was dying on the cross. Jesus felt love always.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Oh yes, for Jesus is God, and God is love. The words of God is the Word of God, and His words are love and full of life and Spirit.

Jesus even forgave them as he was dying on the cross. Jesus felt love always.

I said
Not so. Jesus was tempted in all the same ways we are. If someone came and nailed you to a tree do you think you could smile and have that warm fuzzy feeling inside. No. Love is to suffer wrongfully but do it willingly. That was the example Jesus was showing us. That we are to follow. Love is an action not a feeling.

1 Pet 2:19-22
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth";
(NKJ)

God's Truth

I said
Not so. Jesus was tempted in all the same ways we are. If someone came and nailed you to a tree do you think you could smile and have that warm fuzzy feeling inside. No. Love is to suffer wrongfully but do it willingly. That was the example Jesus was showing us. That we are to follow. Love is an action not a feeling.

1 Pet 2:19-22
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth";
(NKJ)

So then, you say Jesus did not feel love while he was dying on the cross.

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So then, you say Jesus did not feel love while he was dying on the cross.

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

I said
Love is not a feeling. One of the requirements of a Christian is to forgive everyone who has ever done you wrong. Even Stephen knew that. Stephen didn't have the warm fuzzy either. But he knew he had to forgive them.

Acts 7:58-60
58 and they cast him out of the city and stoned him. And the witnesses laid down their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul.
59 And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."
60 Then he knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not charge them with this sin." And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
(NKJ)

Mark 11:25-26
25 "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.
26 "But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."
(NKJ)

God's Truth

I said
Love is not a feeling. One of the requirements of a Christian is to forgive everyone who has ever done you wrong. Even Stephen knew that. Stephen didn't have the warm fuzzy either. But he knew he had to forgive them.

Acts 7:58-60
58 and they cast him out of the city and stoned him. And the witnesses laid down their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul.
59 And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."
60 Then he knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not charge them with this sin." And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
(NKJ)

Mark 11:25-26
25 "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.
26 "But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."
(NKJ)

Love is a feeling and a right action.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Love is a feeling and a right action.

I said
Do you really think any of these people is going to have the warm fuzzy.

Matt 5:39-48
39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 "If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
41 "And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
42 "Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
45 "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47 "And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so?
48 "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
(NKJ)

The feeling that your calling love is coveting, or lust. Not love.

God's Truth

I said
Do you really think any of these people is going to have the warm fuzzy.

Matt 5:39-48
39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 "If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
41 "And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
42 "Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
45 "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47 "And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so?
48 "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
(NKJ)

The feeling that your calling love is coveting, or lust. Not love.

You do not know the difference between love and lust. Now that is disgusting.

jzeidler

I said

46And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"

(NKJ)

God was IN Christ on the cross. He never left him nor forsook him. You once again misunderstand scripture.

2Co 5:19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

Jesus is God and God was reconciling the world to himself on the cross.

Jesus was quoting psalm 22. This is why he quoted it in the Hebrew. Everyone memorized the psalms and everyone would have known what he was quoting.

Psa 22:1 To the choirmaster: according to The Doe of the Dawn. A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
God was IN Christ on the cross. He never left him nor forsook him. You once again misunderstand scripture.

2Co 5:19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

Jesus is God and God was reconciling the world to himself on the cross.

Jesus was quoting psalm 22. This is why he quoted it in the Hebrew. Everyone memorized the psalms and everyone would have known what he was quoting.

Psa 22:1 To the choirmaster: according to The Doe of the Dawn. A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning?

:hammer:

The Father left him on the cross.

Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree.

He was made sin for us.

Let go of yer trinity nonsense.

God himself has never been made sin.