Can a Roman Catholic be a Christian?

Ben Masada

If a zealous Jewish Pharisee who persecuted followers of Jesus Christ can become a Christian, anybody can.

Okay Jamie, now can you provide me with the evidence that a zealous Jewish Pharisee persecuted the followers of Jesus? If you are referring to Paul, you might want to correct that because Paul was never a Pharisee in his life. He was a Hellenist and, Pharisees would never accept a Hellenist in a Pharisee Yeshiva.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Do they believe that Jesus was Christ? Yes. So, they are Christians. That's all it takes.

Actually, what makes a 'Christian', or more properly 'Christianity', stems from the confession of Nicea:

We believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible.
And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, begotten from the Father before all ages, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made; of the same essence as the Father. Through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven; he became incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary, and was made human. He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate; he suffered and was buried. The third day he rose again, according to the Scriptures. He ascended to heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will never end.
And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life. He proceeds from the Father and the Son, and with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified. He spoke through the prophets. We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church. We affirm one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look forward to the resurrection of the dead, and to life in the world to come. Amen.

Your simple notion gives rise to fundamental heresy, like rejection of the Trinity.

Gurucam

Actually, what makes a 'Christian', or more properly 'Christianity', stems from the confession of Nicea:

We believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible.
And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, begotten from the Father before all ages, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made; of the same essence as the Father. Through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven; he became incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary, and was made human. He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate; he suffered and was buried. The third day he rose again, according to the Scriptures. He ascended to heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will never end.
And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life. He proceeds from the Father and the Son, and with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified. He spoke through the prophets. We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church. We affirm one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look forward to the resurrection of the dead, and to life in the world to come. Amen.

Your simple notion gives rise to fundamental heresy, like rejection of the Trinity.

That does not make one a Christian. (Being a Christian is about being led by the Spirit of Jesus, as discerned by searching one's own heart/spirit).

The above seems to be about 'the dead' who are sent to Jesus' Satanic church in an effort to have their spirits saved in the day of the lord Jesus.

1 Corinthians: 5 King James Version (KJV)
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Gurucam

Being a Christian is to be a child of God. This is about being led by Holy Spirit through direct communion with the Spirit of Jesus/Spirit of Intercession, through one's own heart. This is not about Peter.

This not about a child of the flesh (i.e. one's whose spirit must be saved). This is not about a child of the flesh/'the dead who is sent to Peter and is bestowing to Peter.

Romans: 8 KJV N.T.
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Having one spirit saved is simply the first fruit of the Holy Spirit. This is to be converted. To be converted means to stop having a heart/spirit that is waxed gross and start having a having an open heart. This is to become spiritually aware.

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

After having one's spirit saved one still groan for adoption as a child of God/Christian.

After having one's spirit saved in Peter's church or elsewhere, in order to achieve adoption as a child of God/Christian, one must relinquish Peter's church (Peter's service has ended). Then one must embrace Paul's commission, which is totally spirit and Spirit based.

This is the only passage to being Christian, as confirmed clearly and literally in the KJV N.T..

Last edited:

Gurucam

Now THAT is actually true, although I'll bet that you don't know what that actually means.

It really does not matter what I know. Nor does it matter what Peter says.

It matters totally what the KJV N.T. says:

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

It matters that only the Spirit of Jesus makes Intercession for human with the Holy Spirit:

John 14 King James Version (KJV)
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

One must be led by the Spirit of Jesus (i.e. the Spirit of Intercession), as discerned within each of our own hearts or spirits, so as to be led by the Holy Spirit:

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Clearly this is not about being led by Peter.

Seems to me that only Satan will come between a person and his/her direct, personalized and individualized communion with the Spirit of Jesus.

Seems that it serves only the interest of Satan to tell people that they cannot have independent, direct, personalized and individualized communion with the Spirit of Jesus.

It is only through independent, direct, personalized and individualized communion with the Spirit of Jesus, through one's own heart or spirit, that one has communion with the Holy Spirit.

. . . obvious one whose spirit must be saved cannot have this communion. Those whose spirits must be saved are in Peter's church. There they are inform and guided through the flesh, i.e. though physically spoken and physically written words. In this state and in this church one does not know God and one cannot do the will of God. One fall short of the glory of God, until one becomes spiritually aware and one can do better.

When the spirits of people in Peter's church are saved (i.e. when they become spiritually awaken/aware) they must run away from Peter and his flesh based church. And must embrace Paul's spirit and Spirit based commission, so as to become Christian/children of God. Spiritually aware people can have direct personalized communion with the the Spirit of Jesus through each of their hearts or spirits. They do not need the fresh guidance (i.e guidance through physically spoken and physically written words) that Peter is given to provide to 'the (spiritually) dead'.

Spiritually aware people can access All Truth and Guidance directly from the Spirit of Jesus/Spirit of Truth/Spirit of Intercession/Spirit of Love, only, through each of their own spirits or hearts, in real time, all the time. When one is led into all of one's works by precisely what this Spirit has in mind for one to know, pray for, say and do, as discerned in the above manner, one becomes a Christian/child of God.

President Barack Obama and former President George W. Bush spoke at the interfaith memorial service for the five Dallas, Texas police officers killed in an ambush at a march against police brutality.

These present and past U.S.A. presidents are trying to convey spiritual information and spiritual guidance through physically spoken words. This is not going to work. News commentators claim that the president's last effort was his eleventh try.

Spiritual things are only spiritually conveyed and spiritually discerned. It is required that those who he wish to advise become converted. The act of being converted is well define in the KJV N.T. There is a passage, that has been totally ignored.

That is, those who the president wish to reach must first become awakened to their own spirits/hearts. Then they can and will know spiritual things and have spiritual guidance, through direct, individual and person communion with the Spirit of Jesus/Spirit of Truth/Spirit of Intercession/Spirit of Love, through each of their own hearts/spirits. This is the only path to restoring peace, at this time.

The O.T./Peter/physically spoken words/way of 'the dead' approach will not work any more. The spirit and Spirit approach which anchors Paul's commission is needed, urgently and critically.

Those people must become authentic Christians. This is a spirit and Spirit intuitive awakening and awareness (the way of Paul's commission). This is not a physical spoken and physically hearing words and intellectual knowing (the way of Peter's commission). Peter is out, Paul is in.

That is, spirit/Spirit/love/Love/Christian awareness can be achieved only through an informed meditation technique. This is through right brain/spiritual actualization/spiritual discernment. This is not through left brain/ physical/intellectual discernment.

That is, through an individual, self, internal awakening of truth and Truth through each of their own hearts or spirits.

Therefore being a Christian/child of God is open only to those whose spirit have been saved. i.e. the converted. That is, being a Christian/child of God is open only to those whose hearts/spirits are no longer waxed gross . . . because being a Christian/child of God is totally about searching one heart/spirit to discern the Spirit of Jesus/Spirit of Intercession within.

Fact is, Christians/children of God are led, directly and individually, by the Holy Spirit. That is, by being led by the Spirit of Jesus as discerned within one's own individual hearts or spirits, one is led by the Holy Spirit and one become a Christian/child of God. This has absolutely nothing to do with Peter & Co.

The act of transforming the dead to spiritual awareness is described, in the KJV N.T. as: being 'converted'. Peter's church is solely about converting people. It is not about bringing anyone onto Christ. Bring the 'converted' onto Christ is solely Paul's commission.

This means that there can be and is, no body of Christ in Peter's church. The body of Christ is solely among Paul's people.

At any event, Jesus expected Peter to fail badly, with respect to his saving the spirits of those who come to him. Peter's church is the church of 'the dead' (who might be seeking to become spiritually aware). Jesus expected 'the dead to bury their dead', not save their spirits.

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
That does not make one a Christian. (Being a Christian is about being led by the Spirit of Jesus, as discerned by searching one's own heart/spirit).

The above seems to be about 'the dead' who are sent to Jesus' Satanic church in an effort to have their spirits saved in the day of the lord Jesus.

5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

The confessions of Nicea are very simple, fundamental terms- if you can't agree to it, than you are not a Christian and it's just that damn easy. I consider a denier of such things to be a humanitarian, who simply uses or likes the mere idea of Jesus.

This modern world has done bargained it's way to a completely arbitrary view- to a point even, where people can't even agree with the orthodox confessions of Christianity.

:nono:

HisServant

Papist, Popery, Romish, Romanism.... ....all that crap. It's like different form of the N-Word.

Considering Rome and all Catholics were out to KILL Protestants... and many, many were. I see no problem assigning those types of names to Romanists.

And no, it's nothing like the 'N' world.

Gurucam

The confessions of Nicea are very simple, fundamental terms- if you can't agree to it, than you are not a Christian and it's just that damn easy. I consider a denier of such things to be a humanitarian, who simply uses or likes the mere idea of Jesus.

This modern world has done bargained it's way to a completely arbitrary view- to a point even, where people can't even agree with the orthodox confessions of Christianity.

:nono:

I am not interested in what Peter teaches and 'Nicea ??' etc.

I simply quote the KJV N.T.

Matthew: 16 KJV N.T.
23 But he turned, and said onto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan, thou art an offence onto me: for thou sauourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

The above literally confirm that the spiritually dead are sent to Peter's/Satan's church so that their spirit might be saved.

One whose spirit must be saved is 'the dead'. The dead do not follow Jesus. 'the dead bury their dead'.

Matthews: 8 KJV N.T.
22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

It is up to you to explain/distort the above if you do not accept the literal message.

Seems that to save one's spirit is the same as being converted. This means that the mission of Peter's/Satan's church is to convert the the dead to spiritual awareness, as follows:

Matthew: 18 KJV N.T.
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven

Matthews: 13 KJV N.T.
10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

One must become converted, i.e. one must be transformed from being the dead to being spiritually aware (i.e. one must cease having a heart or spirit that is waxed gross). In other words one's spirit must be saved.

Then one can search one's own heart or spirit to discern the Spirit. 'not seen' and eternal, Son of God, Lord Jesus within one's own heart or spirit. Only Paul's commission is the spirit and Spirit commission. Only Paul knew the Spirit Jesus and got his commission from the Spirit Jesus. .

26 Likewise the Spirit (of Jesus/Spirit of Truth/Spirit of Intercession/Spirit of Love) also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit (of Jesus/Spirit of Truth/Spirit of Intercession/Spirit of Love), itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit (of Jesus/Spirit of Truth/Spirit of Intercession/Spirit of Love), because he maketh intercession for the saints (Christians) according to the will of God.

Last edited:

Gurucam

The Pope does not believe in spirituality. Like Peter, he is anchored only on physicality. Like Peter, he savorest the things of man and not the things of God . . . and that is fine.

Matthew: 16 KJV N.T.
23 But he turned, and said onto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan, thou art an offence onto me: for thou sauourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

The above is why Peter was given, by the physical, 'seen' and temporal son of man, Jesus, to anchor His Satanic/'things of man'/flesh church.

However those who follow Jesus know first hand, the Spirit Jesus and that spirituality and spirit heaven exist and they are Christians. Christians savorest the things of God.

Paul, not Peter, achieved the actualization to discern the Spirit, 'not seen' and eternal, Son of God, Lord Jesus, on the road to Damascus. And because of this Paul, and not Peter, was given Jesus' spirit and Spirit based, 'things of God', Christian church.

2 Corinthians: 4 King James Version (KJV)
18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal

Clearly Peter & Co. ignored the above. Peter and Co. savorest the things of man, these are 'seen' and temporal things.

Peter's commission relates to 'the dead' i.e. the spiritually dead, i.e. those whose spirits must be saved. These are people in the flesh. These are people who savorest the things of man.

Paul's exemplified one whose spirit was saved. He exemplified spiritual awareness (conversion) that enabled him to commune with the Spirit Jesus. Also Paul was given Jesus's spirit and Spirit, Christian commission.

Paul savoriest the things of God, these are 'not seen' and eternal.

We are simply asking that you respect the above. The commissions/gospels of Peter and Paul are different and their interfacing and experience, with Jesus were different.

We do not all esteem Peter & Co. We do not all see Peter as the anchor of Christianity. Some see Peter as the anchor of Jesus Satanic church where the dead are sent to so that their spirit might be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus . . . this ain't a bad deal.

You cannot deny that in peter's church you guys bury your dead in the earth, in hell with Satan, to wait indefinitely (under the belief that Jesus will return to shout out to you guys to rise out of the earth). Some of you are already 2000 odd years inside the earth, in hell, with Satan.

We have no objection to the above. In fact, we are happy to let you and yours esteem Peter and his church and their practices . . . indeed, knock your selves out.

We are simply asking that you do not try to force/foist Peter and his traditions on everyone.

Simply let some of us esteem Paul.

. . . otherwise you may be burn at the sake (as your people used to do) . . . for indeed, what goes around comes around. Fact is, under grace of God the finest detail is 'repatriated' in the finest detail.

Galatians 6 King James Version (KJV)
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Romans 12 King James Version (KJV)
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

2000 odd years has finally passed. The fullness of time has come. Judgment time is at hand.

Your concern should be, if peter & co. have over stepped the terms of their appointment, they and you guys (followers) are totally doomed.

Last edited: