• No

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You should be more careful what you say to people and what you claim they do.

Tell me the false nature I taught.

You teach that the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are all the same. If they were, why are there so many distinctions in the scriptures. Examples;

John 14:23 New King James Version (NKJV)

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. {Two different persons)

John 14:26 New King James Version (NKJV)

26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. (Three different persons)

Explain those verses through your theology.

God's Truth

You teach that the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are all the same.

If they were, why are there so many distinctions in the scriptures. Examples;

John 14:23 New King James Version (NKJV)

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. {Two different persons)

That is about receiving the Holy Spirit.

If they are not the same, then how do you have two Spirits when we are only given one?

John 14:26 New King James Version (NKJV)

26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. (Three different persons)

Explain those verses through your theology.

Jesus explains that the Spirit that was living with them and would be in them is him.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is about receiving the Holy Spirit.

If they are not the same, then how do you have two Spirits when we are only given one?

Jesus explains that the Spirit that was living with them and would be in them is him.
:darwinsm: Are you serious??? Get real and try again!!!

God's Truth

Amr, and Lon, I want to debate with the both of you here, I don't want to go to other posts. Post it again for me as we go along.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Keeping Up With The Discussion

Keeping Up With The Discussion

Amr, and Lon, I want to debate with the both of you here, I don't want to go to other posts. Post it again for me as we go along.

Your first post in the thread was number 22.
Your second post in the thread was number 67.

Lon pointed you to my post, which was number 50 in the thread.

You complained that you don't want to go off site to read posts. Yet that post of mine to which Lon directed you to was in this very same thread, located between your first and second posts in this thread, as noted above.

Now you demand you do not want to "go to other posts". You further demand that I should post it again for you.

Do you see anything at all amiss in your demands that would obligate another to agree to them?

Do you understand how easy it is to quote a linked post, no matter where it may be located on this site and respond to it in any thread by simple copy and paste functions?

You do know that you can duplicate a web browser tab, locate a post, quote it, then return to your current web browser tab and post that quoted text? All web browser's, when right-clicking a tab, have the option to "duplicate" or "clone" that tab so you can go off and retrieve a prior post for quoting, copying, pasting, etc.

These convenient web browser features, coupled with the quote feature of this site pose no barriers to discussion. The only barriers are one's lack of mastery of the tools at hand: web browser features, discussion site features.

AMR

glorydaz

You complained that you don't want to go off site to read posts. Yet that post of mine to which Lon directed you to was in this very same thread, located between your first and second posts in this thread, as noted above.

Now you demand you do not want to "go to other posts". You further demand that I should post it again for you.

Do you see anything at all amiss in your demands that would obligate another to agree to them?

AMR

This is why I love TOL. :thumb:

God's Truth

Do you understand how easy it is to quote a linked post, no matter where it may be located on this site and respond to it in any thread by simple copy and paste functions?

You do know that you can duplicate a web browser tab, locate a post, quote it, then return to your current web browser tab and post that quoted text? All web browser's, when right-clicking a tab, have the option to "duplicate" or "clone" that tab so you can go off and retrieve a prior post for quoting, copying, pasting, etc.

These convenient web browser features, coupled with the quote feature of this site pose no barriers to discussion. The only barriers are one's lack of mastery of the tools at hand: web browser features, discussion site features.

AMR

Your innuendos are noted.

Just post here and stop giving links. Period.

Eagles Wings

AMR
I could use a brush up on this. Have you a simple tutorial in your repertoire?:)

Reactions: Lon

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No Links to Responses in the Same Thread Permitted per God's Truth?

No Links to Responses in the Same Thread Permitted per God's Truth?

Just post here and stop giving links. Period.

I have. And just did so once again (this post you are reading here in this thread, here at TOL). Just because you do not want to go back and catch up on posts in this very thread is no mandate for persons to repeat themselves just for your own convenience.

What exactly is your issue with a link to a post in this same thread? Explain it to me, please. I could have just as easily have said, "I have answered that comment" and not even bothered to courteously provide a link to that answer. A thread that is fast moving is going to require persons to provide pointers to earlier posts from time to time. Your demand "Just post here and stop giving links" is not making sense to me.

By "here" do you mean right now in the thread? If so, why should that be required when I or others have already responded in the thread? I do not want to make assumptions, but it does seem to me that you are demanding I or others respond to you immediately when you make the demand for you appear unwilling to actually keep up with the fast pace of the thread. I could be wrong here, so please explain your demand to me.

AMR

God's Truth

I have. And just did so once again (this post you are reading here in this thread, here at TOL). Just because you do not want to go back and catch up on posts in this very thread is no mandate for persons to repeat themselves just for your own convenience.

What exactly is your issue with a link to a post in this same thread? Explain it to me, please. I could have just as easily have said, "I have answered that comment" and not even bothered to courteously provide a link to that answer. A thread that is fast moving is going to require persons to provide pointers to earlier posts from time to time. Your demand "Just post here and stop giving links" is not making sense to me.

By "here" do you mean right now in the thread? If so, why should that be required when I or others have already responded in the thread? I do not want to make assumptions, but it does seem to me that you are demanding I or others respond to you immediately when you make the demand for you appear unwilling to actually keep up with the fast pace of the thread. I could be wrong here, so please explain your demand to me.

AMR

What I said was plain and not complicated at all.

How about just speak here about whether or not a person can lose their salvation.

God's Truth

AMR

AMR, how about respond to post #171?
Here.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One can certainly be denied salvation after first believing.--

Mat 13:18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
Mat 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
Mat 13:20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
Mat 13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
Mat 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
Mat 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

An heir of salvation, means that salvation is future.

1Pe 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
1Pe 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
1Pe 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

A believer may receive the Holy spirit of eternal life without yet becoming eternal themselves.

One can throw it away through wrong living, which is what the letters of the Apostles warn about over and over--

Jas 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Jas 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Jud 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
(after they had first believed and ate of the Passover)

LA

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Perseverance of The Saints vs. OSAS

Perseverance of The Saints vs. OSAS

How about just speak here about whether or not a person can lose their salvation.
i have spoken...here.

I am not going to just duplicate that post just because you think it would be more convenient to you. If my post were in another thread I might have done so. But my response above is in this thread, GT. We are both participating herein so there is no need to be redundant.

Go to the link above, quote it and respond to it if you are so inclined. When you do that it will appear in the later pages of this thread's discussion and all will be well with your need to have the content close at hand.

AMR

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon