Bernie Sanders Government

CherubRam

There was an explicit reason the Israelites had to do it. And think about it. They were not to trade with the outside. Peter or James would have gotten what they needed. They were not to trade with the beast. See Acts 5 for what happens when they did.

There is much historic evidence showing that Israel was engaged in international trade throughout history.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
At one point we were talking about Israel or the disciples followers having a communist life style.
What does Israel trading during the time of Solomon have to do with Jacob's trouble and not trading with the beast?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Bernie is a Communist. That would be OK if he was a Christian Communist. As far as I know Bernie has not explained how he is going to implement his government.

He can't change much in government. All he would be is bad for business. He is also an atheist.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
False, she just distanced herself from his policies on crime, to placate 'black thugs matter' who is claiming bill is a racist.

Hillary got the glad hand; she wants to add appeal by being a gun grabber and a homo lover. Kids love this!:alien:

CherubRam

Bernie Sanders supporters say they will not vote for Hillary, they say they would rather throw the vote for the Republicans. Sounds like the Democrats are as divided as the Republicans. I do not really like Hillary because she is too liberal, but it seems she is the lessor of all the other evils.

rexlunae

Bernie Sanders supporters say they will not vote for Hillary, they say they would rather throw the vote for the Republicans. Sounds like the Democrats are as divided as the Republicans. I do not really like Hillary because she is too liberal, but it seems she is the lessor of all the other evils.

Some probably will. I suspect it will be a minority. I think there are a lot of Bernie supporters who have been put off by the DNC and the Hillary campaign, but also a lot who have been put off by other Bernie supporters. I think the real hazard that the Democrats have to worry about is not defectors, but disengagement. Hillary has some passionate supporters, but not generally as many or as fervent as Bernie. And keep in mind, some of them aren't Democrats. I think the best thing Democrats can do is try to find a way to integrate Bernie's supporters into the party leadership and platform.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Some probably will. I suspect it will be a minority. I think there are a lot of Bernie supporters who have been put off by the DNC and the Hillary campaign, but also a lot who have been put off by other Bernie supporters. I think the real hazard that the Democrats have to worry about is not defectors, but disengagement. Hillary has some passionate supporters, but not generally as many or as fervent as Bernie. And keep in mind, some of them aren't Democrats. I think the best thing Democrats can do is try to find a way to integrate Bernie's supporters into the party leadership and platform.

Did you see the story about the DNC giving Bernie power in forming the party platform? He gets to nominate 5 people to the committee. Clinton gets 6. The chair gets 4. They are extending an olive branch so it will be interesting to see how things work out. Both in wooing Bernie supporters and what kind of influence Bernie has on the platform.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

A recent Rasmussen poll found that 36 percent of likely Democratic voters want Clinton to name Sanders as her running mate – almost double the 19 percent of voters supporting the next most popular vice presidential contender, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren.

PureX

Did you see the story about the DNC giving Bernie power in forming the party platform? He gets to nominate 5 people to the committee. Clinton gets 6. The chair gets 4. They are extending an olive branch so it will be interesting to see how things work out. Both in wooing Bernie supporters and what kind of influence Bernie has on the platform.
But the fact that the DNC cheated so intently to force Hillary on democratic voters remains problematic, because of the reasons they did it. Those reasons are exactly what Bernie Sanders if fighting against.

How can anyone with any sense believes that the DNC will seriously accept Sander's agenda when they have just gone to such lengths to deliberately deny his agenda? The truth is that the democratic party politicians are just as bought and paid for as the republican politicians are. And they intend to keep it that way just as much as the republicans do. But because the American people are finally starting to wake up, and Sanders has given them a voice, the DNC wants to pretend to want to limit the corruption.

That's what the democrats always do: they pretend they are the party of the people while they continue to take the bribe money as they sell the people out. The only difference between them and the republicans is that the republicans don't even bother to pretend they are the party of the people. They're just corporate whores and proud of it.

I think Sanders should begin a full on campaign against corruption in government, and do it in earnest. Not a campaign for public office … but a campaign to take government back from the corporate oligarchy that has taken it from us. He has the attention of millions of Americans, now. It's time to begin the real battle. And it's not a battle for the White House. It's a battle for the whole of government. And especially for the legislature: the Congress and the Senate.

rexlunae

"
A recent Rasmussen poll found that 36 percent of likely Democratic voters want Clinton to name Sanders as her running mate – almost double the 19 percent of voters supporting the next most popular vice presidential contender, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren."

I'd actually far rather see Warren. I think Bernie's heart is mostly in the right place, but Warren lands a lot more blows in the right place than Sanders. But then, I was one of those who wanted Warren for President in the first place. On the other hand, she's a great senator...

rexlunae

I think it will be interesting. And I think the party needs a less status-quo approach. I think Bernie tends a little too much toward populism, although I think that it is sincere and it's certainly passionate, and a little harder approach to math and receptivity toward complexity in policy than his benefits the party, but I also think that where they are right now is too much about what they estimate to be politically feasible and not what is right.