Are You Ready For Jesus To Come?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Greetings Right Divider, I suggest that I do understand “grace” as revealed in the Bible. What I do not agree with is how some represent “grace”.
Romans 3:21-31 (KJV): 21But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
27Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 29Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 30Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Does your definition of grace include forgiveness of sins, in other words justification by faith? The above needs to be understood as an important definition of the process.

Kind regards
Trevor
To "believe" is not a process, but a decision to take God at His word trusting the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV); that when Christ died for your sins, was buried and rose again (which by the way is the righteousness of God without the law that is manifested) it was the all sufficient work of your salvation (Ephesians 1:13 KJV). You can be saved right now, right where you are when you trust Him for your salvation. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
To "believe" is not a process, but a decision to take God at His word trusting the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV);

Agreed. Believing is not a work, in which there is a debt owed. If it were, saying "I do" to God and God owing us something would be akin to a man saying "I do" to his bride and her owing him something for it. But it's not a work, it's a commitment of love. A man does not owe his bride anything, nor the bride her groom anything, simply because they say "I do."

To everyone here reading this:

Imagine a couple on their wedding day, when the officiant asks the groom if he would take the woman as his wife, and he says "I do," that someone stands up and yells out "AHA! What debt is there that you say 'I do' to that woman?", and the groom replies, "There is no debt owed, I say 'I do' because of my love for this woman."

Is that not similar to what we do when we ask Jesus to enter our hearts? When we call upon the name of the Lord to be saved? Are we not saying to our Creator, when asked if we want to spend eternity with Him, "I do"? What kind of work would that be, that a debt should be owed to the one who says "I do" to spending eternity with God?

TrevorL

Greetings heir,
To "believe" is not a process, but a decision to take God at His word trusting the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV); that when Christ died for your sins, was buried and rose again (which by the way is the righteousness of God without the law that is manifested) it was the all sufficient work of your salvation (Ephesians 1:13 KJV). You can be saved right now, right where you are when you trust Him for your salvation. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved!
I appreciate your response, but I consider the process revealed concerning Philip’s teaching to the Samaritans as a reliable guide. They believed the Gospel concerning the Kingdom of God and the Name of Jesus Christ, and this motivated them to be baptised. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 is not a complete summary of the gospel, but Paul’s highlighting the elements that he taught especially surrounding the death and resurrection of Christ. The Corinthians had drifted away from Paul’s teaching, as they were denying the resurrection. But even the word used “Christ” indicated that Paul taught that Jesus was the Anointed Prophet, Priest and King, things relating to his role in the Kingdom of God.
The gospel of our salvation is not based upon our faith, but His 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV
Yes it is his faith that has introduced salvation, but we must believe the Gospel to be saved Romans 1:16-17.

Kind regards
Trevor

Right Divider

Body part
Greetings heir,I appreciate your response, but I consider the process revealed concerning Philip’s teaching to the Samaritans as a reliable guide. They believed the Gospel concerning the Kingdom of God and the Name of Jesus Christ, and this motivated them to be baptised. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 is not a complete summary of the gospel, but Paul’s highlighting the elements that he taught especially surrounding the death and resurrection of Christ. The Corinthians had drifted away from Paul’s teaching, as they were denying the resurrection. But even the word used “Christ” indicated that Paul taught that Jesus was the Anointed Prophet, Priest and King, things relating to his role in the Kingdom of God.

Kind regards
Trevor
You are fixating on the wrong dispensation of God.

Did you not notice that the words "priest" and "priesthood" do NOT appear in a single epistle from the apostle Paul?

glorydaz

I realize that you will continue to throw out scriptures that you do not understand.

I'm not impressed by your ability to cut and paste.

Your "bible" that you quote Gal 3:17 from is garbage. Get a real Bible.

Gal 3:17 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:17) And this I say, [that] the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Why do you quote about the covenant of the LAW?
You don't even know what promise Paul is talking about.
You're a POSER.

She's a fence straddler. Check out her wedgie. :popcorn:

TrevorL

Greetings again Right Divider,
Without a doubt. How can you explain that fact that Jesus is never shown to use the word "grace" even ONCE during His time on earth? That is quote telling, but I'm sure that you pull out anything answer from your Churchianity.

In the dispensation of the grace of God salvation is freely given and cannot be lost. If you don't have that assurance, then you're probably not saved by grace through faith.
I appreciate your thorough answer a week ago, but I will let most of it slide now. As a result of a storm I lost my internet connection for a week. We disagree, but it was interesting to read your view. As far as grace is concerned, how do you understand the following? It relates to Jesus’ ministry, and John speaks on behalf of those who witnessed and partook of the grace revealed in Jesus.
John 1:14-17 (KJV): 14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 15John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. 16And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. 17For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
You are fixating on the wrong dispensation of God.
Did you not notice that the words "priest" and "priesthood" do NOT appear in a single epistle from the apostle Paul?
It certainly appears in the Epistle to the Hebrews, and the teaching there is universal to both Jew and Gentiles.

Kind regards
Trevor

heir

TOL Subscriber
Greetings heir,I appreciate your response, but I consider the process revealed concerning Philip’s teaching to the Samaritans as a reliable guide. They believed the Gospel concerning the Kingdom of God and the Name of Jesus Christ, and this motivated them to be baptised.
That's not the gospel of YOUR salvation.
1 Corinthians 15:1-4 is not a complete summary of the gospel, but Paul’s highlighting the elements that he taught especially surrounding the death and resurrection of Christ.
It is declared as the gospel "by which also ye are saved". Trust the Lord believing it is the means of your salvation and be saved.
The Corinthians had drifted away from Paul’s teaching, as they were denying the resurrection.
No, only "some" at Corinth that there is no resurrection of the dead (1 Corinthians 15:12 KJV). They would have been those who had believed in vain (1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV). What has that to do with why you don't believe it sufficient to save you?
But even the word used “Christ” indicated that Paul taught that Jesus was the Anointed Prophet, Priest and King, things relating to his role in the Kingdom of God.
Paul's gospel declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV is about the WHY of the cross which is the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV) and before a mystery (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV). It has not to do with the kingdom gospel preached in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
Yes it is his faith that has introduced salvation, but we must believe the Gospel to be saved Romans 1:16-17.
Knowing you must believe to be saved, why haven't you?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Agreed. Believing is not a work, in which there is a debt owed.
Believing is receiving by faith that the debt was paid in full; trusting the Lord that the event that took place 2000 years before we were born is the means by which we are saved. Not I do, rather acknowledging that He did (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

Last edited:

God's Truth

I don't lie. Why couldn't you obey Jesus? If you sin, you can ask for forgiveness and keep trying,train yourself to obey. People training for a race or the Olympics, or for a boxing match,etc, they do more for their earthly reward than those who say it is a lie to obey Jesus. All one has to do to give up sin is to really want to and work at it as if training for a race.

God's Truth

So Paul's POINT was the covenant of the law did NOT annul the promise given to Abraham.

Where did God call that promise a covenant?

I gave you many scriptures where it is called a covenant, and you reject the truth.

I gave you scripture where PAUL says he is the minister of a New Covenant, but you don't accept it.

Paul even quotes JESUS when Jesus made the Last Supper and spoke of the Covenant of his blood.

Paul even had the GENTILES eat the Lord's Supper.

You reject it all and say where is it called a Covenant.

Here are the scriptures again where Paul calls this salvation a Covenant:

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The Greater Glory of the New Covenant

7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!

How about you get a REAL BIBLE?

Rom 3:30 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:30) Seeing [it is] one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

The BIBLE does NOT say the SAME FAITH. You're ADDING to the Word of God AGAIN!

Rom 1:17 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:17) For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

FAITH TO FAITH

The two translations say the same thing. Same for Jews and Gentiles, same salvation through Jesus, by faith, by living faith.

glorydaz

I don't lie. Why couldn't you obey Jesus? If you sin, you can ask for forgiveness and keep trying,train yourself to obey. People training for a race or the Olympics, or for a boxing match,etc, they do more for their earthly reward than those who say it is a lie to obey Jesus. All one has to do to give up sin is to really want to and work at it as if training for a race.

You can't earn salvation no matter how hard you train...no matter how much you sweat, bleed, cry, or beat yourself about the shoulders.

This is why you have no assurance of salvation. You might get a muscle cramp or dislocate a shoulder. You just might pull up lame like a race horse who fails to cross the finish line.

TrevorL

Greetings again heir,
That's not the gospel of YOUR salvation. It is declared as the gospel "by which also ye are saved". Trust the Lord believing it is the means of your salvation and be saved. No, only "some" at Corinth that there is no resurrection of the dead (1 Corinthians 15:12 KJV). They would have been those who had believed in vain (1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV). What has that to do with why you don't believe it sufficient to save you? Paul's gospel declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV is about the WHY of the cross which is the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV) and before a mystery (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV). It has not to do with the kingdom gospel preached in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
Knowing you must believe to be saved, why haven't you?
I believe that there is only one Gospel, from Eden to now. Refer also Acts 28:30-31, the Gospel of the Kingdom and Name. I have believed this one Gospel and have been baptised.

Kind regards
Trevor

God's Truth

You can't earn salvation no matter how hard you train...no matter how much you sweat, bleed, cry, or beat yourself about the shoulders.

This is why you have no assurance of salvation. You might get a muscle cramp or dislocate a shoulder. You just might pull up lame like a race horse who fails to cross the finish line.

I am more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus.

You speak of failure.

You also speak against Paul who says God does NOT play favoritism and the one who sins will not enter so don't be deceived.

Paul is the one who says to train yourself and work out your salvation with trembling and fear.

Right Divider

Body part
Greetings again Right Divider, I appreciate your thorough answer a week ago, but I will let most of it slide now. As a result of a storm I lost my internet connection for a week. We disagree, but it was interesting to read your view. As far as grace is concerned, how do you understand the following? It relates to Jesus’ ministry, and John speaks on behalf of those who witnessed and partook of the grace revealed in Jesus.
John 1:14-17 (KJV): 14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 15John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. 16And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. 17For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
It certainly appears in the Epistle to the Hebrews, and the teaching there is universal to both Jew and Gentiles.

Kind regards
Trevor
God's grace is not limited to the dispensation of His grace that is currently what He is doing. But the way that He dispenses His grace is different.

Note that God ALWAYS allowed gentiles to join with Israel. That was nothing new. But in the body of Christ today, there is NEITHER Jew NOR Greek. That is different.

The book to the Hebrews is clearly NOT dispensation of the grace of God material. It is clearly related to God's dealings with the children of Israel.

Right Divider

Body part
I gave you many scriptures where it is called a covenant, and you reject the truth.
Please post them again.

I gave you scripture where PAUL says he is the minister of a New Covenant, but you don't accept it.
You don't understand what Paul meant by the spirit of the new TESTAMENT.

Paul even quotes JESUS when Jesus made the Last Supper and spoke of the Covenant of his blood.
He did, but Jesus was speaking to His TWELVE apostles for the TWELVE tribes. A context that you do not understand.

Paul even had the GENTILES eat the Lord's Supper.
We should all make remembrance of what the LORD Jesus Christ did for us at the CROSS.

You reject it all and say where is it called a Covenant.
:dizzy:

Here are the scriptures again where Paul calls this salvation a Covenant:

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
Once again get a real Bible.

2Cor 3:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:6) Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Israel's new covenant per Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8 was definitely "of the letter".

The Greater Glory of the New Covenant

7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!
No doubt their new covenant will be glorious, as will their kingdom on the earth.

The two translations say the same thing. Same for Jews and Gentiles, same salvation through Jesus, by faith, by living faith.
FROM FAITH TO FAITH.

Read it and believe it.