Are You a Judaizer?

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus was speaking to the Jews. Jesus did not speak to Gentiles in terms of teaching them the gospel of salvation. Every time he would send his disciples on a mission to spread the gospel of salvation, he would forbid them to go the way of the Gentiles, especially the Samaritans. Myself, I wonder why because, I am sure he knew from Isaiah 42:6 that Israel had been assigned as light to the Gentiles. Even himself, when delivering his sermon of the mount, he would refer to the Jews as light of the world. (Matthew 5:14)

The Jews were supposed to be the ones to take the Gospel to the whole world. But they rejected their Messiah. So Jesus sent Paul to preach the Gospel to the Gentiles.

Elia

The Jews were supposed to be the ones to take the Gospel to the whole world. But they rejected their Messiah. So Jesus sent Paul to preach the Gospel to the Gentiles.

Bs"d

Read HERE why the whole NT is a lie.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

Elia

This is also a misunderstanding on Christianity's part.

The true exposition of the canonized writings lists the law as a debt. When Jesus said "It is finished", it was a reference to the debt paid in full.

More specifically, He becomes the fulfillment of the law.

Bs"d

More specifically; he didn't fulfil the law, and he didn't fulfil the messianic prophecies.

That's how we know he was not the messiah.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”

Joshua 24:14-15

Elia

What is the meaning of "fulfilled," that once fulfilled we don't need any more a Law to obey? Paul said that we have been released from the Law. (Rom. 7:6) Why? Because someone else fulfilled it for us? This is confusing! Then he said that Jesus was the end of the Law. (Rom. 10:4) What does it mean, that we have no longer to worry about a Law to obey? Now, if you read Mat. 5:17-19, Jesus extended his fulfilling of the Law to all of us until Heaven and earth pass away. If that's so, why did Paul release us from the Law? (Rom. 7:6) I wonder how intelligent Christians sacrifice their credibility to such a nonsense.

Bs"d

Well, since they cannot count to two, since they cannot understand that a "God the Father" and a "god the son" is TWO (2) gods, I wouldn't get my hopes up about their intelligence...

Luke 3:22 KJV - The Trinity

Bs"d

Luke 3:22 (KJV 1900)

220" And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased."

Does it say that all three are gods? Does it say that those three supposed gods are one?

If not, then there is no trinity.

So you have there two of your gods in bodily form, a dove and a man.

"You saw no form of any kind the day Y-H-W-H spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully, so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman, or like any animal on earth or any bird that flies in the air, or like any creature that moves along the ground or any fish in the waters below. And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things Y-H-W-H your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven."
Deut 4:15-19

Oh what is it difficult not to worship idols....

"And God spoke all these words, saying, "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME
."

Ex 20:1+2

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Why are they ashamed to admit that they worship Mary and the saints? It is all so very obvious that they do.
I don't care what they call it. When you rub a statue with a cloth and bring that cloth home believing it contains special powers, or when you rub and kiss and adore idols--that's idolatry. :eek:linger:

I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the place of slavery.
Do not have other gods besides Me.

Do not make an idol for yourself, whether in the shape of anything in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth. You must not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the fathers’ sin, to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing faithful love to a thousand generations of those who love Me and keep My commands (Ex 20:1–6).

Related:

Now you can rub a belly--and a head: :freak: Chinese archaeologists have found the remains of Buddha’s skull

Elia

I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the place of slavery.
Do not have other gods besides Me.

Do not make an idol for yourself, whether in the shape of anything in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth. You must not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the fathers’ sin, to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing faithful love to a thousand generations of those who love Me and keep My commands (Ex 20:1–6).

Bs"d

The above a bit more accurate translated will look like this:

And God spoke all these words, saying:
2 “I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.
4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, Y-H-W-H your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments."

So now you know who you have to serve.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.

Elia

Bs"d

Recommended reading:

"Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is ONE!" Deut 6:4

"Listen, Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One" Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." English Standard Version

"Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!" New American Standard Bible

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." New International Version

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!" New King James Version"

"And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, "Which commandment is the first of all?" Jesus answered, "The first is, `Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, THE LORD IS ONE; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' The second is this, `You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." And the scribe said to him, "You are right, Teacher; you have truly said that HE IS ONE, and there is no other but he; and to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices." And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God."" Mark 12:28-34 Revised Standard Version

“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one." .... "You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

"Here is the most important one. Moses said, 'Israel, listen to me. The Lord is our God. The Lord is one." .... "You are right in saying that God is one." New International Readers Version

"Jesus answered: Listen, Israel! The Lord our God, The Lord is One." .... "You have correctly said that He is One," Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Jesus answered, The first is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one:" .... "thou hast well said that he is one;" American Standard Version

"Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one." New King James Version

"Jesus answered, "The most important is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one" .... "You have truly said that he is one," English Standard Version

"Jesus said, "The first in importance is, 'Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one;" .... "A wonderful answer, Teacher! So lucid and accurate—that God is one" The Message

"‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one." .... “You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

"Now an intermediary implies more than one; but GOD IS ONE." Gal 3:20 Revised Standard Version

"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but GOD IS ONE" King James Version

"A mediator, however, implies more than one party; but GOD IS ONE." New International Version

"Now an intermediary implies more than one, but GOD IS ONE." English Standard Version

"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one; but GOD IS ONE." American Standard Version

"and the mediator is not of one, and GOD IS ONE" Youngs Literal Translation

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." James 2:19 Revised Standard Version

"thou -- thou dost believe that GOD IS ONE; thou dost well," Youngs Literal translation

"Thou believest that GOD IS ONE; thou doest well:" American Standard Version

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." Holman Christian Standard Bible.

"*Thou* believest that GOD IS ONE. Thou doest well." Darby Translation.

"It’s good that you believe that GOD IS ONE." Common English Bible

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." English Standard Version

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." Amplified Bible

"You believe that GOD IS ONE You do well;" New American Standard Bible

So the Bible teaches clearly that God is ONE.

"And J-e-h-o-v-a-h shall be King over all the earth: in that day shall J-e-h-o-v-a-h be one, and his name one." Zach 14:9 American Standard Version

"And the LORD shall be King over all the earth. In that day it shall be— “The LORD is one, And His name one." New King James Version

"And the LORD will be king over all the earth. On that day the LORD will be one and his name one." English Standard Version

"And the Lord shall be King over all the earth; in that day the Lord shall be one [in the recognition and worship of men] and His name one." Amplified Bible

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Recommended reading: The Jewish Trinity: How the Old Testament Reveals the Christian Godhead by Michael S. Heiser ] Recommended reading: "Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is ONE!" Deut 6:4
It would appear that you have not read my recommendation.

I understand.

Pool-Shot.jpg

Ben Masada

Now, would you please quote to me where or when did Paul ever decide to go to the Gentiles? What I have is that all his life from his first station in Damascus and until his last in Rome, he never left the Jews in peace as if Gentiles were supposed to be found in the Synagogues of the Jews. (Acts 9:1,2 and 28:17) I see this as an evidence that Paul was lying when he said that Jesus whom he had never seen assigned him to preach to the Gentiles.

Ben Masada

Paul also said this, Romans 7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law.

The role of the Law is not to be sinful but to show what sin is. When Paul came to know the nature of sin, it had been too late; he had become addicted to his sinful condition. Hence, he praised God to at least keep the Law in his mind while serving sin in his flesh. (Rom. 7:25)

Without the laws of God, we are blind and in sin. Jesus came and not only did he fulfil those laws, but he also expounded them and went into more detail so that we have no excuse Matthew 5.

In that case, Paul was blind in sin and without any other alternative. Hence, he decided to keep the Law in his mind only while serving sin in his flesh. (Rom. 7:25)

Jesus lived out the laws of God perfectly, he abided by them and didn't sin.

Jesus was a man and, "There has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned." (Ecclesiastes 7:20) This is one evidence why he could not be perfect. Another is in Mat. 23:13-33 where we have him breaking the Golden Rule for about 15 times. The Golden Rule states not to do unto others what we would not like they did unto ourselves. I bet Jesus would not have liked to be addressed as a hypocrite and brood of vipers. That's what he did to the Pharisees if we are to believe Mat. 23:13-33. The Golden Rule covers the whole second part of the Decalogue. Serious transgressions right there.

My conscience is really strong, to disobey God is a sin, to live our own lives in the flesh is a sin, we must give our lives to God, obey him and live it out and Jesus showed us how to by example. Now we who are truly his, have no excuse.

Good! Now, you can see for yourself that Paul lived according to the flesh because he could not get rid of his sinful condition he had got addicted to. (Rom. 7:25) He did not openly mention the kind of sinful condition that forced him to serve sin in his flesh but, if you read Romans 7:1-25, you will find out what it was.

Robert Pate

Banned
Now, would you please quote to me where or when did Paul ever decide to go to the Gentiles? What I have is that all his life from his first station in Damascus and until his last in Rome, he never left the Jews in peace as if Gentiles were supposed to be found in the Synagogues of the Jews. (Acts 9:1,2 and 28:17) I see this as an evidence that Paul was lying when he said that Jesus whom he had never seen assigned him to preach to the Gentiles.

Paul encountered Jesus on the road Damascus. You can read about it in Acts 9:1-18.

Your religion is obsolete. Your Messiah has come and gone and you have missed the boat.

Robert Pate

Banned
Bs"d

Recommended reading:

"Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is ONE!" Deut 6:4

"Listen, Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One" Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." English Standard Version

"Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!" New American Standard Bible

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." New International Version

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!" New King James Version"

"And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, "Which commandment is the first of all?" Jesus answered, "The first is, `Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, THE LORD IS ONE; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' The second is this, `You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." And the scribe said to him, "You are right, Teacher; you have truly said that HE IS ONE, and there is no other but he; and to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices." And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God."" Mark 12:28-34 Revised Standard Version

“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one." .... "You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

"Here is the most important one. Moses said, 'Israel, listen to me. The Lord is our God. The Lord is one." .... "You are right in saying that God is one." New International Readers Version

"Jesus answered: Listen, Israel! The Lord our God, The Lord is One." .... "You have correctly said that He is One," Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Jesus answered, The first is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one:" .... "thou hast well said that he is one;" American Standard Version

"Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one." New King James Version

"Jesus answered, "The most important is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one" .... "You have truly said that he is one," English Standard Version

"Jesus said, "The first in importance is, 'Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one;" .... "A wonderful answer, Teacher! So lucid and accurate—that God is one" The Message

"‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one." .... “You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

"Now an intermediary implies more than one; but GOD IS ONE." Gal 3:20 Revised Standard Version

"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but GOD IS ONE" King James Version

"A mediator, however, implies more than one party; but GOD IS ONE." New International Version

"Now an intermediary implies more than one, but GOD IS ONE." English Standard Version

"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one; but GOD IS ONE." American Standard Version

"and the mediator is not of one, and GOD IS ONE" Youngs Literal Translation

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." James 2:19 Revised Standard Version

"thou -- thou dost believe that GOD IS ONE; thou dost well," Youngs Literal translation

"Thou believest that GOD IS ONE; thou doest well:" American Standard Version

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." Holman Christian Standard Bible.

"*Thou* believest that GOD IS ONE. Thou doest well." Darby Translation.

"It’s good that you believe that GOD IS ONE." Common English Bible

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." English Standard Version

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." Amplified Bible

"You believe that GOD IS ONE You do well;" New American Standard Bible

So the Bible teaches clearly that God is ONE.

"And J-e-h-o-v-a-h shall be King over all the earth: in that day shall J-e-h-o-v-a-h be one, and his name one." Zach 14:9 American Standard Version

"And the LORD shall be King over all the earth. In that day it shall be— “The LORD is one, And His name one." New King James Version

"And the LORD will be king over all the earth. On that day the LORD will be one and his name one." English Standard Version

"And the Lord shall be King over all the earth; in that day the Lord shall be one [in the recognition and worship of men] and His name one." Amplified Bible

Of course God is one, but he is able to manifest himself in three different ways. 1 John 5:7.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Paul]...motivating them to live in gratefulness...

Gratefulness :cloud9:

My pastor says that Paul didn't run around murmuring, this jail is intolerable. I'm writing my congressman. :sozo2: He didn't complain about shipwrecks or beatings. He knew a better day was coming. Rom. 8:18; 1 Pet. 4:13

I think the past, the past is behind us; be real confusing if not, but anyway
blender-smiley-emoticon.gif
~ But Anyway, Blues Traveler

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Paul encountered Jesus on the road Damascus. You can read about it in Acts 9:1-18.

Your religion is obsolete. Your Messiah has come and gone and you have missed the boat.

Paul suffered from epilepsy, the "fall disease." During an attack of epilepsy, the eye-sight is affected for some time and the person experiences emanations akin to visions, not necessary from being a prophet which at his time could no longer be the case, considering that the prophetic system in Israel had been abolished since the return of the Jews from Babylon. Anyway, you have not provided an answer to my request of when Paul ever decided to go to the Gentiles. You don't have an answer because he was never chosen for that mission. Peter had been the one chosen to take the gospel to the Gentiles, not Paul. (Acts 15:5)

And if my religion is obsolete, Jesus taught an obsolete religion as he taught to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) So, from now on, stay with Paul's gospel and I'll stay with Jesus' gospel.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Paul suffered from epilepsy, the "fall disease."
Compared to Down's Syndrome, epilepsy in other form is fake. Besides unless an "epileptic" is taking a marijuana derived drug, or even LSD which is ultimately derived from same, he will only get convulsions, and spasms.

Thus you know a lot of pseudoscience, nothing about real epilepsy, and nothing about Paul. Don't feel bad though. There are plenty of Christians who know nothing about Paul or Peter.

marhig

The role of the Law is not to be sinful but to show what sin is. When Paul came to know the nature of sin, it had been too late; he had become addicted to his sinful condition. Hence, he praised God to at least keep the Law in his mind while serving sin in his flesh. (Rom. 7:25)

In that case, Paul was blind in sin and without any other alternative. Hence, he decided to keep the Law in his mind only while serving sin in his flesh. (Rom. 7:25)

Jesus was a man and, "There has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned." (Ecclesiastes 7:20) This is one evidence why he could not be perfect. Another is in Mat. 23:13-33 where we have him breaking the Golden Rule for about 15 times. The Golden Rule states not to do unto others what we would not like they did unto ourselves. I bet Jesus would not have liked to be addressed as a hypocrite and brood of vipers. That's what he did to the Pharisees if we are to believe Mat. 23:13-33. The Golden Rule covers the whole second part of the Decalogue. Serious transgressions right there.

Good! Now, you can see for yourself that Paul lived according to the flesh because he could not get rid of his sinful condition he had got addicted to. (Rom. 7:25) He did not openly mention the kind of sinful condition that forced him to serve sin in his flesh but, if you read Romans 7:1-25, you will find out what it was.

Firstly, all of us are in sinful flesh, the flesh is the dust that Satan crawls in and feeds off. So Paul is stating that his flesh is sinful, the laws are God's laws and if followed right they are good, but the laws can be manipulated to suit men, Jesus came and lived his life perfect before God, and obeyed the laws giving us an example to follow, and those who truly belong to him, have no excuse because he showed how to live before the living God, and we who belong to him, are to follow him, he overcame Satan and once his spirit is in our hearts he will give us the strength to overcome too, I know because I've experienced it, and Paul experienced this too. Paul was a strong man of God. If we walk in the spirit, we are guided to obey God and Christ helps us overcome Satan.

As for Jesus calling the pharasees vipers and hypocrites, well they were. The law tells us we are not to kill, this is a typical example of what Paul meant when he said the law was weak. Because these men throught that they could kill at the hands Pilate, they were underhand and dishonest they were vipers. They had wicked hearts. I'm not saying this about all Jews. But those who handed Jesus to be crucified were. They twisted and plotted to have him killed, they disobeyed the law of thou shalt not kill. So instead of complaining about Jesus calling them hypocrites, how about looking at their wicked hearts because they turned him over to be scourged mocked and crucified the hands of wicked men, but God will see their sins just as he sees ours. And before you say it's because he made himself God, he never once said he was God, he said he was the son of God, he was humble and gentle and full of love and forgiveness and didn't deserve be treated the way the pharasees treated him, Pilate wanted to let him go, but the pharasees plotted to make sure that Pilate finished the wicked act that they started. By the way, Jesus forgave them, and asked God to do the same.

Ecclesiastes 7 was written before Jesus was born, i truly believe that Jesus didn't sin, I believe that he had the full strength of Gods spirit in his heart and he is the Messiah. But I don't believe that he was God and he called God his God also.

Paul was under the law when he held the stoners coats to kill Stephen, Stephen was a man of God. Paul was weak in the flesh and was quite willing to stand there and participate in murder, but once he had the holy spirit in the heart he changed and he truly obeyed thou shalt not kill. He wouldn't have hurt anyone when he walked in the spirit, Christ changed Paul's heart. The law is good, if we obey it, but flesh can twist the law to suit, I.e, get someone else to kill, I'm not breaking the law because it isn't me doing it. But Christ lived it out, and he took abuse and violence and taught us to love, even if we are hated, and he taught us that we aren't too hurt anyone. And because he lived it out and was an example to us, we have no excuse, if we truly love him, we will obey God and his laws will be in our hearts and in our minds, and his spirit will clean us out and circumcise our hearts, and we will live by the spirit, and others will see Christ in our lives!

Elia

It would appear that you have not read my recommendation.

I understand.

Bs"d

Do you understand that the Hebrew Bible trumps books written by men?

Do you understand that NOWHERE in the Bible is a trinity to be found? That it is all made up by men?

Do you understand that the whole Bible teaches that GOD IS ONE?

Elia

Of course God is one, but he is able to manifest himself in three different ways. 1 John 5:7.

Bs'd

In the beginning of Christianity, somewhere in the third century, a Biblical scholar reared his head, his name was Sabelius, and he claimed that the Christian God, the father, son, and holy ghost, were three different manifestations of of the same God, just like steam, water, and ice, are three manifestations of one substance; H2O.

The result of this brilliant insight was that he was branded a heretic, and excommunicated. Then already the church realized that this is impossible.
When you say that it is all the same God, only in a different form, then you say that God is his own son, and at the same time his own father.

Then when Christ prays to his father, God is praying to himself.

Luke 22:41-42; Christ is praying, "saying, "Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done."
So here God had a different will than himself?

Even in heaven Christ is subjugated to the father according to 1 Corr 15:28, Matthew 20:23, Fill 2:9.
So God is subjugated to himself?

When Christ was hanging on the cross, he cried out: "My God, my God, why did you forsake me?"
Did God forsake himself?

Col 3:1; "keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God."
God is sitting on his own right hand?

God died on the cross, slaughtered by his creatures?
If so, who resurrected him?

The theory of Sabelius is impossible.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5