Are You a Judaizer?

Elia

You'd therefore be better spoken to tell Christians you're with the religion of the Scribes and Pharisees who wanted the Lord Jesus crucified, who did not even know their God, when He was standing before them.

Bs"d

What was standing before them, was a man, a human, a carpenter, not God.
God is not a man.

"God is not human, that he should lie" Num 23:19

"He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a human being, that he should change his mind.” 1 Samuel 15:29

"For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you." Hosea 11:9

It is very silly when somebody says: "I'm God!" to believe him.

Also, according to the New Testament, and a Pharisee, a master of the law, you're not even a real Jew, are rather nothing, spiritually, and this stated by one who surely forgot more about Judaism than you know, that is, Paul, re: Romans 2:28-29.

Paul is the one who murdered the message of JC. JC said: " “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven"
Matthew 5

Comes along Paul, and he throws the whole law overboard.

Also, the message of Paul, nobody can find head nor tail to it, and he is a self-admitted liar.

Why take somebody like that seriously?

Also, and this is just the truth, meant for your benefit, if you don't repent and believe in the blood of Lord Jesus for remission of your sins and salvation, you are going to go to eternal hell, the only God you ever come to know the One who will damn you, that same Lord Jesus, for your unbelief and rejection of your only God and Savior.

The same is said by the Muslims when you don't believe in Mohammed and Allah.

Now please tell me why I should take the NT seriously. What reasons do you have to assume that the NT is inspired by God?

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

bcbsr

A Judaizer is one that believes in Jesus, but also believes that you must follow the law of Moses.

There were many Judaizers in the early church. The apostle James was one of them. Many did not understand the Gospel and justification by faith apart from the works of the law. Paul was the only apostle that fully understood that Christians were no longer required to follow the law. The reason for this is because Paul received the Gospel directly from Jesus Christ, Galatians 1:11,12. It is the Gospel that frees us from the law of Moses.

James sent men to spy on Peter and Barnabas to see if they were eating with Gentiles, Galatians 2:12. This was a direct violation of the law of Moses. When the Jews walked into the dinner there at the church in Antioch, Peter and Barnabas went under the table. Paul saw the whole thing and gave everyone a good tongue lashing, Galatians 2:14-21.

Later on in Acts 15, Paul wanted to introduce some Gentile believers to the church there in Jerusalem. When James and some of the others got word that they were coming they said, "Except that you are circumcised after the manner of Moses, you cannot be saved" Acts 15:1. This caused some dispute. If it had not been for all of the things that God was doing with the Gentiles through Paul they probably would have circumcised them, but because of Paul's testimony they let them off.

WHY CHRISTIANS ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW OF MOSES OR ANY LAWS.

All through the Old Testament and into the New Testament God's people are called to live by faith and not by rules, laws or religion. Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by rules, laws and religion is not living by faith. While Jesus was dying on the cross God tore the veil that covered the "Holy of Holies" from the top to the bottom, Matthew 27:51. This signified the end of the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion. Many in the early church could not grasp the meaning of this event and became Judaizers. Many today cannot believe that Christians are free from the law and try to keep the commandments.

Living by laws, rules and commandments is a denial of the Gospel.

Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion. Paul wrote, "But now the righteousness of God WITHOUT THE LAW is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets" Romans 3:21. If you want to see the righteousness of God, don't look to the law, Jesus is God's law incarnate in human flesh. Jesus is the New Covenant. The Old Covenant and the law have passed away, Hebrews 8:13. The new and living way is by faith in Christ and his Gospel, which brings with it the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Some of the Galatians were trying to receive the Holy Spirit by the works of the law, this is what Paul said to them, "This only would I learn of you, Did you receive the Holy Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith?" (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2. Many do not have the Spirit because they are trying to obtain it by the works of the law instead of by faith in Christ and his Gospel.

Good post, I agree. Further evidence is the fact that James tinkered with the gospel is Acts 15, saying, "It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood." As you said James assume salvation was contingent upon circumcision and following the Law of Moses. He rightly viewed this as difficult. And in fact in Gal 3 Paul describes such a salvation scheme as a curse. So with regards to Gentiles he though he could just make up his own salvation scheme, tinkering with his own gospel, and make salvation contingent upon his arbitrary regulations.

The Catholic Church does the same. The apostle Paul's teachings are contrary to the regulations James imposed on the Gentiles.

"The kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" Rom 14

Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience, for, "The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it." 1Cor 10

Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: "Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!"? These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings." Col 2

Like wise Romans opposes the epistle of James on this kind of thing.

Epoisses

Good post, I agree. Further evidence is the fact that James tinkered with the gospel is Acts 15, saying, "It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood." As you said James assume salvation was contingent upon circumcision and following the Law of Moses. He rightly viewed this as difficult. And in fact in Gal 3 Paul describes such a salvation scheme as a curse. So with regards to Gentiles he though he could just make up his own salvation scheme, tinkering with his own gospel, and make salvation contingent upon his arbitrary regulations.

The Catholic Church does the same. The apostle Paul's teachings are contrary to the regulations James imposed on the Gentiles.

"The kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" Rom 14

Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience, for, "The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it." 1Cor 10

Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: "Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!"? These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings." Col 2

Amen, pass the ribs!

Robert Pate

Banned

Where have you been? Looking forward to your post.