APPEALING.

APPEALING.

• Total voters

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Oh dear.........

Oh dear.........

Thanks for confirming the scripture:

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of Elohim: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.​

You know quite a few folks like to quote that passage, presuming the other person is not spiritually minded enough to believe as they do :rolleyes:, but it in nowise discounts or diminishes the truths and insights I shared :) I'm convinced of the eternal goodness of my Creator, totally,...and in the written records....that 'God' saw his creation as GOOD. I glory in his goodness, and my recognition of the truth of his eternal goodness and mercy is not because I do not have the Spirit of God, but more probably because I do, for the Spirit bears witness with my spirit, that not only am I a son of God, but that his eternal mercy is ever availing. Did you forget that 'God' is INFINITE LOVE?

So the verse above does not apply necessarily in this particular case, although it is universally true, since spiritual things are spiritually discerned. Its easy to assume your theology is spiritually correct, orthodox or superior....and in the same sweep infer that others are not agreeing with your view because they are more or less carnally minded.

That axe swings both ways ;)

Truster

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of Elohim: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.​

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The spirit of the pentecostals is at work in you. You even call yourself an angel...Such behaviour magnifies your hypocrisy.

Cute, check this out, the word that is translated as angel from the hebrew means messenger, not what english makes it out to be.

I call myself messenger for Christ here angel/messenger 4/for and Truth/Christ, and i rebuke you in His name for your lies.

Again you show lack of discernment, ask the Lord for wisdom that you lack, which comes through His Spirit, not your flesh.

Truster

I'm fully aware of the meaning of the word angel. You are not a messenger from the Almighty in any sense of the word. And you certainly do not deliver the truth. You far prefers lies.

Lon

As to thread premise and problem:
I think you're lying.
You far prefers lies.
:doh: STOP making threads asking questions if your ONLY response is ever going to be "Liar."
You don't even listen, first, judge after.

John 3:18 ALREADY! I have RARELY encountered a man this judgmental. I do not believe in OT prophets after Christ any longer, Truster.

God has called you to love your enemies and do good to them. "If" as you say, only God can call one to Himself (which I believe), then you are wasting your time here. There is no evangelical work but God reaching a soul and changing him/her. You can't 'make' it happen. God will call whom He calls. Your job is not to condemn, but to speak scripture and be a light on a hill. John 12:32 Lift Him up! STOP trying to knock people down. It is counter-intuitive, counter productive. Be about His business, Truster! Get off your horse and serve Him. You are wasting time and the day is short. Jeremiah 8:20 Ephesians 5:16

As to thread topic: Of COURSE God saw that HE was going to do something Good or else we'd be entirely unredeemable. He sent His Son because we are redeemable. Did He save me because I 'deserve' saving? :nono: Learn to ask questions better. This thread is awkward and imprecise. -Lon

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm fully aware of the meaning of the word angel. You are not a messenger from the Almighty in any sense of the word. And you certainly do not deliver the truth. You far prefers lies.

I rebuke you again, in the name of Jesus Christ.

James 4:6 But He gives us more grace. This is why it says: “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” 7
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.

glorydaz

I rebuke you again, in the name of Jesus Christ.

James 4:6 But He gives us more grace. This is why it says: “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” 7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.

Call him a Calvinist .....you'll hurt his little feelings and he'll put you on ignore like he did me. :listen:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Do you feel as if there is a certain goodness within you that appeals to The Almighty. That he saw something good, or a potential for good, in you and so saved you?
No. Not the way you phrased the question. God does however, see me as holy and blameless because of Jesus Christ. We have His righteousness

2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV - Colossians 1:22 KJV -

Ephesians 1:4 KJV -

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Do you feel as if there is a certain goodness within you that appeals to The Almighty. That he saw something good, or a potential for good, in you and so saved you?

Only in what He viewed as His creation. In other words God so loved the world. Not that we merited any virtue because we couldn't after Adam fell. But I believe God loved creating humanity and for that reason He allowed for the fall and preplanned my salvation. I got lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
"Nice?" :rotfl:

I didn't know it was a bromance. Whatever floats your boat. :thumb:

Ah if he tells me I'm nuts and lost and he has, it doesn't bother me. As far as I can see he thinks deeply about the word and likes asking questions that I think are good questions. Plus he's not a maddhatter.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL