Anybody know much about Islam?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Luke 12 KJV
(51) Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

Eric h

yes i do,as when i was searching which religion was true,i wanted to know which manuscripts were reliable,and i was shocked how weak the quran is.

Our ministers give sermons, it is their way of trying to inspire us, with their own interpretation of scriptures. I have learned a great deal about my Christian faith, by reading how Muslims interpret their own faith.

I try and search for the good in all things.

Lon

You engage in a lot of Confirmation Bias it would seem.
You certainly do. Be better informed, these are 'average' everyday run-o-the-mill Muslims doing this very 'normal' business as usual as well as ISIS/extremists. Difference? They weren't all killed, didn't all see justice, didn't all escape prison for simply 'being' Christian. When Christians are being slaughtered, imprisoned, fined, abused, and in every way oppressed, you can't call that confirmation bias.

Take this challenge: Read just one story about a Christian, right now, in prison, and follow that person and pray for them, in a Muslim cell, either until they are released, or are dead. Notice that it is the 'normal everyday' Muslim and government that supports their incarceration and most often, death sentence, if they are indigenous. These are the normal everyday, run-of-the-mill Muslims, when they have control of a country.

Eric h

Take this challenge: Read just one story about a Christian, right now, in prison, and follow that person and pray for them, in a Muslim cell, either until they are released, or are dead. Notice that it is the 'normal everyday' Muslim and government that supports their incarceration and most often, death sentence, if they are indigenous. These are the normal everyday, run-of-the-mill Muslims, when they have control of a country.

Just imagine you are an ordinary Muslim living in Iraq, when America decides to bomb and invade your country. You read about the death and destruction, and you witness it all around.
Imagine you are one of the two million refugees fleeing Iraq, because your country has been destabilised through war, you leave your home, job and education for your kids all behind.

CherubRam

More about Islam.

Horrific Mass Rape Case by Muslim hidden by Canada's English Media: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4590032&posted=1#post4590032

Another Human Slavery Confinement by Muslims in UK

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115769

Another Islamic Terrorist Attack in Alberta Covered up by Canadian Govt & Media
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115713

Muslim countries have a religious test
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114800

CherubRam

Just imagine you are an ordinary Muslim living in Iraq, when America decides to bomb and invade your country. You read about the death and destruction, and you witness it all around.
Imagine you are one of the two million refugees fleeing Iraq, because your country has been destabilised through war, you leave your home, job and education for your kids all behind.

You make excuses for Muslims, does that mean you think their crimes are justified?

Eric h

You make excuses for Muslims, does that mean you think their crimes are justified?

Their crimes can't be justified, in the same way as invading Iraq cannot be easily justified.

We are asked to love and pray for our enemies, this does not come easily.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I've been doing a lot of study about Islam these last 2 years. I find the public narrative to be completely wrong and most Christians are content to just spread lies about it, never bothering to do any fact checking, just accepting anything that's negative and passing it along on their Facebook wall.

From time to time I come up with questions where I wished I had a knowledgeable person to field those questions.

Anybody here fit that bill?

I have read a lot about islam

would you like a list of the books?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
To find out about these religions look at the nations where they are the overwhelming force, where they have the power and the influence.

lifeisgood

Much Bible = much freedom
Little Bible = little freedom
No Bible = no freedom

I wonder where the religion of Islam falls under.
It saddens me to no end that Muslims are forced under the religion of Islam. (If a Muslim rejects Islam, he/she is immediately killed as in infidel.)

What most people do not understand is that there are TWO Quran.
The Mecca Quran and the Medina Quran and they are presented as one.

One is peaceful and the other, which came later after the peaceful one, ABROGATED the peaceful one. The internal fight of the religion of Islam.

The most hurt people from the religion of Islam are the Muslims themselves; for even Mohammad said that he did not know if Allah was going to accept him.

According to the Quran, Muhammad was uncertain whether Allah would save him:

Or do they say, 'He has forged it'? Say: 'If I have forged it, you have no power to help me against Allah. He knows very well what you are pressing upon; He suffices as a witness between me and you; He is the All-forgiving, the All-compassionate.' Say: 'I am not an innovation among the Messengers, and I know not what shall be done with me or with you. I only follow what is revealed to me; I am only a clear warner.' S. 46:8-9 Meccan

The so-called authentic narrations make it clear that Muhammad was speaking in respect to his eternal fate:

Narrated 'Um al-'Ala:
An Ansari woman who gave the pledge of allegiance to the Prophet that the Ansar drew lots concerning the dwelling of the Emigrants. 'Uthman bin Maz'un was decided to dwell with them (i.e. Um al-'Ala's family), 'Uthman fell ill and I nursed him till he died, and we covered him with his clothes. Then the Prophet came to us and I (addressing the dead body) said, "O Abu As-Sa'ib, may Allah's Mercy be on you! I bear witness that Allah has honored you." On that the Prophet said, "How do you know that Allah has honored him?" I replied, "I do not know. May my father and my mother be sacrificed for you, O Allah's Apostle! But who else is worthy of it (if not 'Uthman)?" He said, "As to him, by Allah, death has overtaken him, and I hope the best for him. By Allah, though I am the Apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me," By Allah, I will never assert the piety of anyone after him. That made me sad, and when I slept I saw in a dream a flowing stream for 'Uthman bin Maz'un. I went to Allah's Apostle and told him of it. He remarked, "That symbolizes his (good) deeds." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 266)

And:

Narrated Abu Huraira:
When Allah revealed the Verse: "Warn your nearest kinsmen," Allah's Apostle got up and said, "O people of Quraish (or said similar words)! Buy (i.e. save) yourselves (from the Hellfire) as I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment; O Bani Abd Manaf! I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment, O Safiya, the Aunt of Allah's Apostle! I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment; O Fatima bint Muhammad! Ask me anything from my wealth, but I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 51, Number 16)

These references should trouble any Muslim. If Muhammad himself, the very founder and prophet of the religion of Islam, was uncertain where he would spend eternity then how can any Muslim know where they will go after they die?

You will find the rest here and many other articles on Islam:
http://answering-islam.org/authors/shamoun/muhammad_salvation.html

Also check http://www.politicalislam.com/. Dr. Bill Warner wrote ‘An Abridged Koran’ where all of the repetition is removed.

Hope you find the answers you're looking for.

Lon

Great! So you agree imprisoning visiting Christians and killing indigenous Christians is just as bad as war! :up: Done, right?

Lon

You will find quite a lot of ignorance here. Too many here "know" that Islam is evil, but couldn't tell you the difference between Shiites and Sunnis. Did I mention Sufis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdi-it43j30
All of them in authority have imprisoned, killed and otherwise oppressed Christians and Jews. Over 80% in some areas, across board, not divided up, support even Isis or are unsure. That's a huge number, despite your posted difference. Am I glad 20% are for us? Yes! And I'm glad we have some good relations with them. We get along with Turkey because they are mostly Christians with a secular state. In Dubai, they are a bit tolerant, but you will spend time in jail for speaking about your faith out loud :( Unless you are Muslim... The United Arab Emirates have been ejecting those causing trouble, which have only been Muslims to date from my reading.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Their crimes can't be justified, in the same way as invading Iraq cannot be easily justified.

We are asked to love and pray for our enemies, this does not come easily.

well said.

We don't know the whole story about other country's situation.

That's why His people should not get involved in violence and wars.

Jamie Gigliotti

It's a matter of truth and lies. Jesus is the truth, He proclaimed the truth. The truth sets us free, Jesus sets us free. Islam distorted the truth about Jesus and has harmed many Spiritually. There is one originator of lies. The 'father of lies' as Jesus proclaimed.

Should we love Muslims? Yes. God does. Build relationships with hopes of working with God to show them the light. We are called to proclaim the truth in love. We can not pretend Islam is not the danger that it is. Ultimately we must trust that God will give us the words to say.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's a matter of truth and lies. Jesus is the truth, He proclaimed the truth. The truth sets us free, Jesus sets us free. Islam distorted the truth about Jesus and has harmed many Spiritually. There is one originator of lies. The 'father of lies' as Jesus proclaimed.

Should we love Muslims? Yes. God does. Build relationships with hopes of working with God to show them the light. We are called to proclaim the truth in love. We can not pretend Islam is not the danger that it is. Ultimately we must trust that God will give us the words to say.

Good one Gigli !

Apple7

I've been doing a lot of study about Islam these last 2 years. I find the public narrative to be completely wrong and most Christians are content to just spread lies about it, never bothering to do any fact checking, just accepting anything that's negative and passing it along on their Facebook wall.

From time to time I come up with questions where I wished I had a knowledgeable person to field those questions.

Anybody here fit that bill?

I have spent two decades studying Koranic Arabic.

I have yet to encounter anyone who knows more about the true meaning of the Koran than I do....however, islam is not the Koran by any stretch of the imagination.

Islam is a poor attempt at interpreting the Koran.

The Koran was actually penned by early Arab Christians....and islam is the world's largest Christian cult.