Another wolf is marked/exposed/identified.

Greg Jennings

Jesus wants us to tell the truth

If telling the truth makes me holier than you, that's your problem, not mine.

If my telling the truth makes you feel guilty, then the truth has done it's work.
I think he wants you to present the proof in a way that actually attracts more followers.

Making them think you look down on them doesn't

glorydaz

I think he wants you to present the proof in a way that actually attracts more followers.

Making them think you look down on them doesn't

Ah, trying to bribe people to partake of the Grace of God by being oh so nice? :chuckle:

If they're worried about my looking down on them, then their ego needs to deflate, so I'm doing the Lord's work after all.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So who is grafted into the Vine then?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Currently, the Gentiles (a different branch) have been grafted into the vine, and Israel (the natural branch) has been cut off, but when the fullness of the gentiles has been reached, Israel will be grafted in again.

marhig

I gave you an answer, you just didn't want to hear it.

As I've answered you already in the past, I'll answer you again, now.

Marhig, the Bible tells us that the penalty for sin is death.

God wants us to live with Him for eternity, but since He is holy, and man is not, and because man is not holy, God cannot allow man into His presense. (Prior to the Fall of Man in Genesis, God freely and openly fellowshipped with Adam and Eve, but once they fell, God had to forcibly remove them from his presence.) Therefore, God needed to find a way to reconcile man, His own creation, to Himself. But the only way to do that would be to pay the price for sin. (Jesus, while praying in Gethsemane, asked if there was any other way, to have the cup (of wrath) pass from Him, but if not, He would do the will of His Father.) So God the Father sent God the Son (who went willingly) to die for mankind.

Marhig, if you wanted to pay for something that has an infinite price tag? You would find something that has infinite worth.

Every person who has ever lived has infinite value, but they could only ever pay for their own sins, never the sins of any other person. Therefore, since God has infinite value (infinitely more than any man), in order to save all of mankind, and not just one, God Himself had to pay for all sin. God came as a man, to pay for men, and died as a man, to save all men, and in so doing, God's infinite value was applied to the infinite price of sin, and canceled it out. The debt was paid, and now man can have a relationship with God again on an individual basis (as opposed to the corporate relationship man could have through Israel, which was through a priesthood.

No man could do that, only the Son of Man (Jesus' new favorite term for Himself, where eternally He was the Son of God, now He's the Son of Man) who is God (the second person of the trinity) could pay the price.

That is why God had to come and die on the cross.

I answered your question. Now answer this, did you or did you not say:

And then deny that you said it when confronted:

I EVEN PROVIDED SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS CHRIST DIED TO SAVE US, AND YOU THEN REJECTED IT.

Yes, Marhig, they do say Christ Died to save us. You're just not paying attention to what's being said.

I gave you an answer, you just didn't want to hear it.

As I've answered you already in the past, I'll answer you again, now.

Marhig, the Bible tells us that the penalty for sin is death.

God wants us to live with Him for eternity, but since He is holy, and man is not, and because man is not holy, God cannot allow man into His presense. (Prior to the Fall of Man in Genesis, God freely and openly fellowshipped with Adam and Eve, but once they fell, God had to forcibly remove them from his presence.) Therefore, God needed to find a way to reconcile man, His own creation, to Himself. But the only way to do that would be to pay the price for sin. (Jesus, while praying in Gethsemane, asked if there was any other way, to have the cup (of wrath) pass from Him, but if not, He would do the will of His Father.) So God the Father sent God the Son (who went willingly) to die for mankind.

Marhig, if you wanted to pay for something that has an infinite price tag? You would find something that has infinite worth.

Every person who has ever lived has infinite value, but they could only ever pay for their own sins, never the sins of any other person. Therefore, since God has infinite value (infinitely more than any man), in order to save all of mankind, and not just one, God Himself had to pay for all sin. God came as a man, to pay for men, and died as a man, to save all men, and in so doing, God's infinite value was applied to the infinite price of sin, and canceled it out. The debt was paid, and now man can have a relationship with God again on an individual basis (as opposed to the corporate relationship man could have through Israel, which was through a priesthood.

No man could do that, only the Son of Man (Jesus' new favorite term for Himself, where eternally He was the Son of God, now He's the Son of Man) who is God (the second person of the trinity) could pay the price.

That is why God had to come and die on the cross.

I answered your question. Now answer this, did you or did you not say:

And then deny that you said it when confronted:

I EVEN PROVIDED SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS CHRIST DIED TO SAVE US, AND YOU THEN REJECTED IT.

Yes, Marhig, they do say Christ Died to save us. You're just not paying attention to what's being said.

Are you kidding? That's just doesn't make any sense whatsoever, God himself doesn't need to come to earth in a human body to be a human sacrifice to appease his own wrath!

God didn't need Jesus to die on a cross to reconcile us to him, look at these verses

2 Corinthians 5

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

We are reconciled by the word of God, by the gospel through believing in Christ Jesus, through faith by the grace of God. Not by Jesus dying on the cross!

marhig

That is clearly not what John asked.

Here is what John asked:

Where did the 12 preach the Gospel of Christ?
(NOT THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM)
Christ's gospel is the gospel of God, the same gospel as Paul preached. There is only 1 gospel.

We don't agree so there's no point in going on!

marhig

Not any ordinary man would do, I agree. That doesn't take away the fact that the MAN Christ Jesus gave Himself a ransom for all (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). And what's with the baptism "of the Spirit"? There's no such baptism found in the scriptures. And overcoming? You must be joking. You are on the wrong page.

That's what the man Christ Jesus was before He was made to be sin for us (2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV). And why was He made to be sin for us, who knew no sin? Was it to show us how it's done or how to live as you would say? No, Paul is clear: it's that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him. Since we have no righteousness of our own, we need His and that's exactly what we get when we believe 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV (Romans 3:21-22 KJV) as the all sufficient work of our salvation! You can't follow the Lord after the flesh or the 12 for that matter (2 Corinthians 5:16 KJV). You can only follow Paul(1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV).
He laid down His life for His friends. We were not His friends in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John (Romans 5:10 KJV). The conditional forgiveness found in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John is not even the pattern of how the Lord forgives (hath forgiven/aready a done deal) or our forgiveness of one another (Matthew 6:14-15 KJV). Ephesians 4:32 KJV is. We don't look to the Lord after the flesh at all as I cited before; not even as our pattern, but to Paul (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV).

He didn't come here to show us how to live, but to take our place (Romans 4:35 KJV, Romans 5:6 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV). We do not have to "deny ourselves, take up our cross and endure to the end". That is all the gospel of the kingdom doctrine and that isn't written to any of us as the Lord on earth and the 12 weren't even sent to us (Matthew 10:5-6 KJV, Matthew 15:24 KJV). In thinking that you need to DO all of those things (Romans 4:4-5 KJV), you deny Him and His cross, what He endured in our place, even the death of the cross (Romans 5:21 KJV, Colossians 1:18-22 KJV, Philippians 2:8 KJV): the power of God to save you (Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV).

And how about for now on, you don't monologue so long that to respond isn't such a daunting task to weed through and address. This is a discussion board, you don't need to go on and on and on in one post. That way, my responses don't have to be so long either.

Jesus says himself, he was born and came into this world to bare witness to the truth, and those who are of the truth here his voice. And I believe him!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Are you kidding?

No, Marhig, I'm not kidding, and your rejection of what I'm saying without even responding to each point is starting to get annoying.

That's just doesn't make any sense whatsoever,

Of course it wouldn't make sense to you, because you have rejected the truth of God's word.

God himself doesn't need to come to earth in a human body to be a human sacrifice to appease his own wrath!

Marhig, I want you to go through my post and respond to everything I said, in order, because I don't think you even bothered to read my post.

God didn't need Jesus to die on a cross to reconcile us to him, look at these verses

Jesus said, "If there is any other way, please let this cup pass from me, but if not, Your will be done."

What was Jesus talking about, Marhig?

2 Corinthians 5

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

So you're just going to ignore the rest of the Bible, which says that Christ died on the cross for our sins? That He became sin for us? That God wanted to reconcile the whole world to Himself, but couldn't do it without becoming a Man and dying for us?

Wow.

We are reconciled by the word of God, by the gospel through believing in Christ Jesus, through faith by the grace of God. Not by Jesus dying on the cross!

Go respond to each thing I said in my previous post, instead of just giving a generic response.

marhig

You're a mess! There is more than one gospel in the Bible and the gospel of Christ is not to be found in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. It was a mystery and Paul tells us why

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Get your facts straight!

Get my facts straight?

None of those verses say that there are 2 gospels! The wisdom is having understanding in the Spirit which is not of this world. And if those men that crucified Jesus had of known it then they wouldn't have crucified him. And the wisdom is seeing that Jesus is the Christ. If their eyes and ears were open they would have seen that, but because of the hardness of their hearts they were blinded and they murdered him. And the mystery is Christ within. Paul isn't talking about 2nd gospel.

Colossians 1

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Why would the Princes of this world not have crucified Jesus if they had of known there was 2 gospels? They crucified him for what he preached, never mind not crucifying him if there are 2! Why would finding out about 2 gospels have stopped the Jews crucifying Jesus? No the mystery is that Christ was among them and Christ is within. And they were blind and couldn't see, they would not have crucified him if they had of known the truth.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That just means that Paul preached the gospel to the gentiles and Peter preached it to the Jews.

Look at verse 2:8

Galatians 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
So Paul taught circumcision to the Gentiles?

Right.

Go respond to what I said in my second to last post.

marhig

No, Marhig, I'm not kidding, and your rejection of what I'm saying without even responding to each point is starting to get annoying.

Of course it wouldn't make sense to you, because you have rejected the truth of God's word.

Marhig, I want you to go through my post and respond to everything I said, in order, because I don't think you even bothered to read my post.

Jesus said, "If there is any other way, please let this cup pass from me, but if not, Your will be done."

What was Jesus talking about, Marhig?

So you're just going to ignore the rest of the Bible, which says that Christ died on the cross for our sins? That He became sin for us? That God wanted to reconcile the whole world to Himself, but couldn't do it without becoming a Man and dying for us?

Wow.

Go respond to each thing I said in my previous post, instead of just giving a generic response.

What do you mean "Go respond to each thing I said on my previous post" ? Don't order me around please, I don't speak to you like that.

I've told you what I believe earlier, Jesus dying for our sins doesn't mean that we are saved by Jesus dying on the cross and it doesn't say that in the Bible either, it doesn't say that we are saved by Jesus dying on the cross for our sins as you have said. It says that Christ died for our sins. And clearly explained what I believe in a post earlier on this thread and I'm not repeating it again. Christ bore his cross, and it's the cross that we have to take up when we partake in the sufferings of Christ and follow him.

And yes it was Gods will for Jesus to bare his cup, he had to do so to overcome the world, if he hadn't of gone through it, satan would have overcome him. Jesus had to bare whatever he did and show love forgiveness and mercy in return and overcome satan and this world. We are saved through Jesus Christ by believing in the gospel, the word of God through faith by the grace of God. Life saves not death. And I believe Jesus when he said that he was born and came into this world to bare witness to the truth. You say I'm ignoring much of the Bible, yet you're ignoring Jesus himself when he clearly says why he came here!

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you. There's nothing more we have to say as this will go on and on and I don't agree with your beliefs