A New Standard of Interaction on TheologyOnline

MrRadish

I greatly respect this decision, Knight :) I'll try and contain my vitriol next time I feel particuarly riled!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Bravo! I think this is a small step with important ramifications for TOL as it grows in importance and stature and, given my favorite week in the TOL year is Fellowship Week, I couldn't be happier to hear it.

I believe it's important to be kind to dolts, dipsticks, addleplates, morons, imbeciles, idiots, knaves, fools (no, not you fool), buffoons, dunces, dorks, kooks, drips, ninnies, cretins, boneheads, nincompoops, dopes, half-wits, goofballs, simpletons, twits and pinheads, especially when discussing our love and concern for their welfare.

:think: I may need to work on that a little...

Is this a subtle way to get Lighthouse to stop posting here?? :think:
It will cut his working vocabulary in half, but maybe he'll see it as more of a challenge to remain comprehensible...okay, become more comprehensible...well, comprehensible then.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I banned Prakk for promoting sex with children. That is still waaaaay over the tolerance line.

And I won't be nice to somebody who promotes it. Not here, not in other discussion boards, not in public, not anywhere. I would not, could not, in a box. I could not, would not, with a fox. I will not smile to a pervert. I will not eat with them in a house. I will not eat with them here or there. I will not eat with them anywhere. I do not eat green eggs and ham.

1 Coronthians 5:11
But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

Robert Pate

Banned
I don't like name calling. It just isn't Christian. If they continue with name calling kick them off. There is no need to get personal bacause someone doesn't agree with you.

C

cattyfan

And I won't be nice to somebody who promotes it. Not here, not in other discussion boards, not in public, not anywhere. I would not, could not, in a box. I could not, would not, with a fox. I will not smile to a pervert. I will not eat with them in a house. I will not eat with them here or there. I will not eat with them anywhere. I do not eat green eggs and ham.

But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

I think we should all post like Dr. Seuss :chuckle:

yeshuaslavejeff

Good. Yhvh's Instructions are Always Good and Right.
That'll leave out a lot of u.s. citizens, and 90-98% of some other countries.
But a lot of them are already long time posters.
Hmmmm...

Lucky

Hall of Fame
What the heck, Knight? What's next? Gay avatars!?! There better be a grandfather clause that allows us veterans to continue in our smack-like ways. Grrr! :madmad:

;)

P.S. - This will be interesting. :D

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A personal follow-up. I want to be clear that I am just as guilty as anyone for being overly harsh at times over the past few years and I hope that some of you have noticed that within the past year or so I have been going through a bit of a change in my approach.

Dogma isn't bad until it gets rabies and starts unnecessarily attacking people. :dog:

I want to publicly apologize to anyone I have unnecessarily offended or mistreated. Hopefully this new standard of interaction will make TOL a more inviting place to participate on.

Homosexuality is still a sin.
Abortion is still murder.
God is still free.
Welfare and public schools are still bad.

But that doesn't mean I can't deal with these arguments using gentleness and self control.

This is great news, and I look forward to what I consider an already great sight becoming ever greater.

Kudos to you, Knight and a big thanks!

Todah

:think: I like this.

So does this mean that the remaining two weeks or so of 2008 should be a mardi-gras-like celebration of foul behavior and a general festival of condenscension in preparation for the big change?

A sort of "get it out of your system" period prior to the 2009 nicer, more polite (yet still firm, of course) version of TOL? :plain:

I only ask because I have this friend who wants to know... :noid:

:rotfl::rotfl: .....only you have the wrong holiday. It is not mardi gras time, but the Christmas season. You know, peace on earth, good will toward men. Only if you are a real scrooge would you take this time of year, to smack and belittle, your fellow man.

In other words, for most people, the new policy has already begun?

Good timing Knight, you must have some "holly" in your heart!