A New Standard of Interaction on TheologyOnline

The Graphite

:rotfl::rotfl: .....only you have the wrong holiday. It is not mardi gras time, but the Christmas season. You know, peace on earth, good will toward men. Only if you are a real scrooge would you take this time of year, to smack and belittle, your fellow man.

In other words, for most people, the new policy has already begun?

Good timing Knight, you must have some "holly" in your heart!

Ah, but don't you know Jesus was born a few months earlier, in the Autumn? So, it's every man for himself! :Grizzly: :Letsargu:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think we should all post like Dr. Seuss :chuckle:

It popped in my head when proof reading, something I don't usually do. So I added the rest. It wasn't a full thought originally. It was the not in public, not anywhere, that triggered it.

That'll leave out a lot of u.s. citizens, and 90-98% of some other countries.
But a lot of them are already long time posters.
Hmmmm...

Do you eat with 8-10% of the American population already? That is like 28,000,000 people.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You know, Knight...a general Christmas Amnesty might not be the worst idea in light of the general ringing in of a new year and approach around here. :think: Just saying. A few blew up or faded under the harsher treatment and some of those could be worth having about again.

assuranceagent

You know, Knight...a general Christmas Amnesty might not be the worst idea in light of the general ringing in of a new year and approach around here. :think: Just saying. A few blew up or faded under the harsher treatment and some of those could be worth having about again.

I agree. I've always wondered how the second meltdown would compare to the first :plain:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah. I was actually rather interested in what user aaa5555 had to say .. .er .. sell....

:plain:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Knight-
Wasn't April like eight months ago?

Does this mean that Ask Mr. Religon will be unbanned, and allowed to come back?

How about Simcha?

Prakk?

Door?
Door wasn't banned, he quit.

Uh oh... I'm doomed.
Looks like you can't be a knucklehead anymore.

I don't like name calling. It just isn't Christian. If they continue with name calling kick them off. There is no need to get personal bacause someone doesn't agree with you.
Jesus called people names. Always with good reason, though. And He never called someone something they were not.

No, no... it's about ethics.

Open Theism threads are about time. :chuckle:
:chuckle:

dreadknought

:think: .... Letsargue...... :nono:

Daniel50

Starting in 2009 TheologyOnline.com will be instituting a new standard of interaction on the TheologyOnline.com forums. Since 1997 TheologyOnline.com has encouraged spirited debate at a level officially referred to as "in your face smack". The new standard starting in 2009 will be described as "Cordial Correction". (see TruthSmack Gage below)

truthsmack-gage.gif

When asked in a recent press conference... "Does this mean TOL is becoming fair and balanced to all view points?"

"Of course not!" Answered TOL's CEO Knight. "TOL will always be a right-wing Christian website as long as I am in charge.". Knight continued, "it's merely the fact that in an effort to create a website with the purpose of smacking liberals around we have often times sunken to a level that we would prefer not to have sunken to."

When asked to explain the meaning of that tortured sentence Knight responded... "It's obvious isn't it?" :noid:

So what exactly does this change mean? The bottom line is... being extremely harsh can at times be the right thing to do, however those cases are often times few and far-between yet have become the "norm" on TOL in recent years. In most cases simply stating a counter argument in a loving, civil, and intelligent way is the best thing to do. This doesn't mean that all views will now be given a "pass" on TOL, instead... it means that love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control should be the first tools used in any discussion. Yes there will still be times when righteous indignation and harsh rebuke will still be in order. Question: Will folks be warned or possibly banned if they don't follow the new standard? In time yes (possibly, and depending on the circumstance), but initially the TOL staff will do our best to help educate the membership regarding the new standard.

This is officially the first time in the history of TOL that we have instituted such a change in focus and mission of this website.

Please feel free to ask your questions here in this thread and I will do my best to answer them.

May God bless TOL to grow more and more to win perishing souls for Christ.
Phil 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his
good pleasure.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Man. TH has been hammered for that post .. and all under the new TOL standard of cordial conduct! :thumb:

Cordial conduct? Is that the right word?