2 Cor 4.4 (Jesus, The God of this age!)

Apple7

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

The fact that Satan is bound in Rev 12, is proven-out in Rev 13 which describes the fact that Satan is not there in person.

Apple7

1Co_8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth,

We already went over this one.

Remember to always show context, of which, are the IDOLS...

2Th 2:9 whose coming is according to the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Again....adding in context...

2 Thes 2.6 - 7

και νυν το κατεχον οιδατε εις το αποκαλυφθηναι αυτον εν τω αυτου καιρω το γαρ μυστηριον ηδη ενεργειται της ανομιας μονον ο κατεχων αρτι εως εκ μεσου γενηται

kai nyn to katechon iodate eis to apokalyphthēnai auton en tō heautou kairō to gar mystērion ēdē energeitai tēs anomias monon ho katechōn arti heōs ek mesou genētai

And you know that which is binding him for now, to be revealed in his appointed time. For The Hidden, The Lawless is already working, only he is bound at present, taken out of the way, until he comes out of the midst.

How's that for clarity?

way 2 go

The fact that Satan is bound in Rev 12, is proven-out in Rev 13 which describes the fact that Satan is not there in person.

nope ,not bound cast out into the earth.

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world (satan) he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Rev 13:4 And they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast.

Apple7

nope ,not bound cast out into the earth.

Both cast, and bound, as declared by CONTEXT.

Context is something that any good student of scripture ALWAYS considers...

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world (satan) he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Rev 13:4 And they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast.

Context, of Rev 12...

Rev 12.17 And the dragon was enraged over the woman, and went away 'apēlthen',to make war with the rest of her seed, those keeping the commandments of God, and having the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Same term used in Jesus’ parable…

He put before them another parable, saying: The kingdom of Heaven is compared to a Man having sown good seed(singular) in his field. But while the men were sleeping, one hostile to Him came and sowed tares (plural) in the midst of the wheat, AND WENT AWAY. And when the blade (singular) sprouted and produced fruit, then the tares (plural) also appeared. And coming near, the slaves of the housemaster said to him, Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? Then from where does it have the tares? And he said to them, A man, an enemy did this. And the slaves said to him, Do you desire, then, that going out we should gather them? But he said, No, lest gathering the tares you should uproot the wheat(singular) with them. Allow both to grow together until the harvest. And in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, First gather the tares, and bind them into bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my granary. (Mat 13.24 – 30)

The Greek declares that Satan 'went away' in the absolute sense. Meaning that he is bound.

But....then once again you fail to show context of Rev 13...

Rev 13.2 And the beast which I saw was like a leopard, and its feet as of a bear, and its mouth as a lion's mouth. And the dragon gave its power to it, and its throne, and great authority.

As already declared by scripture, legions of times, Satan's POWER refers to his demons NOT himself.!

Simple Biblical truths...

glorydaz

PTL! That is the goal: Philippians 1:9-10 KJV, Colossians 1:28 KJV

Except.....this verse still bothers me.

2 Corinthians 4:4
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.​

What is it, do you think, that actually blinds the minds of them which believe not?

How is it that the "god of this world" can compete with the POWER of God (Gospel)?

glorydaz

Let's add some more context to this passage to help clear your confusion...

And you being dead in the trespasses and the sins of you, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the ruler of the power of the air, the spirit at present putting forth power inside the sons of disobedience, among whom we also all conducted ourselves in times past in the lusts of our flesh, doing the things willed of the flesh and of the understanding, and were by nature the children of wrath, even as the rest.

As you can easily see, Satan (i.e. 'the spirit') at present, can only put forth 'power', of which is NOT himself, but his demons.

Again...Satan is unable to make it in person, as he is bound.

Satan having 'power' does not make him Theos.

Far from it...

Pre-Cross scripture does not make Satan into Theos.

Satan is indeed bound.

His 'power' is in his demons, of which, are freely roaming planet earth.

And no, Satan can try his best....but he can NEVER be Theos...

What do you make of this verse?

2 Timothy 2:26
And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

way 2 go

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.​

What is it, do you think, that actually blinds the minds of them which believe not?

their unbelief blinds them

Joh 9:39 Jesus said, “For judgment I came into this world, that those who do not see may see, and those who see may become blind.”
Joh 9:40 Some of the Pharisees near him heard these things, and said to him, “Are we also blind?”
Joh 9:41 Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no guilt; but now that you say, ‘We see,’ your guilt remains.

we were once blind too

Eph 2:1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins
Eph 2:2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—
Eph 2:3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

1Jn 5:19 We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

glorydaz

Joh 9:39 Jesus said, “For judgment I came into this world, that those who do not see may see, and those who see may become blind.”
Joh 9:40 Some of the Pharisees near him heard these things, and said to him, “Are we also blind?”
Joh 9:41 Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no guilt; but now that you say, ‘We see,’ your guilt remains.

we were once blind too

Eph 2:2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—
Eph 2:3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

1Jn 5:19 We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

Those verses don't answer my question. If the god of this world blinds us, then he must have more power than the Gospel....which none of us believe. So it has to be he's given indirect credit somehow. Sin, for instance.

Apple7

How is it that the "god of this world" can compete with the POWER of God (Gospel)?

We can see how scripture supports the fact that 'The God of this age' is a direct referral to Jesus Christ.

Its a total shame that many scholars have written this off as to pertaining to Satan...in effect, heaping praises upon him.

Any serious student of scripture can easily determine that this passage is yet another GREAT verse declaring Jesus as God!

Not Satan as God!

:)

Apple7

What do you make of this verse?

2 Timothy 2:26
And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

I believe that I briefly touched upon this earlier...

The 'Devil's snare' is what has already occurred to Satan at The Cross...i.e. he was judged at that point, according to scripture.

If you look at the five Greek locations of this word (and its inflections), you can easily see that this has everything to do will falling into the trap of being Judged, of which, Satan has already been.

This passage is a predicament of Judgment....NOT a declaration of Satan's authority.

glorydaz

The 'Devil's snare' is what has already occurred to Satan at The Cross...i.e. he was judged at that point, according to scripture.

If you look at the five Greek locations of this word (and its inflections), you can easily see that this has everything to do will falling into the trap of being Judged, of which, Satan has already been.

This passage is a predicament of Judgment....NOT a declaration of Satan's authority.

Which seems to be what Paul is talking about.

1 Timothy 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

1 Timothy 6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.​

Which points to the fact that it isn't satan, himself, being spoken of, but the world....and the lusts thereof. It was sin that entered the world when Adam sinned, and satan just takes advantage of sin. In the same way that sin takes advantage of the law.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.​

glorydaz

We can see how scripture supports the fact that 'The God of this age' is a direct referral to Jesus Christ.

Its a total shame that many scholars have written this off as to pertaining to Satan...in effect, heaping praises upon him.

Any serious student of scripture can easily determine that this passage is yet another GREAT verse declaring Jesus as God!

Not Satan as God!

:)

When I think of those who are so blind they cannot hear, I see a pattern. What keeps them from hearing the Gospel, and what keeps them from seeing the Light? Not satan's power, but their very own lusts and pride. God sees that as well. Just as He saw the hardness in Pharaoh's heart, and hardened it even more. Just as He saw the Jews in their self righteous pride, and blinded them. 2 Cor. 3:14, Acts 13:45-47

It seems to me, in all cases, it's a denial of the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. We see it here on TOL. And it's backed by plain old fashioned PRIDE and self-righteousness. Satan doesn't have to do a dang thing.

James 4:6
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

I've heard enough.

Yer fulla crap.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world (1 Peter 5:8-9).

marhig

So Satan was bound at the cross was he? And he's not loose now? That's not true, Satan with the evil spirits that follow him are loose and in the hearts of those who do evil. Jesus says that he''s the prince of this world so he's very much free in this world.

Jesus said this

John 14

Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

It was Satan who murdered Jesus through wicked men, it it is Satan who is the prince of this world. This is why Jesus said the following (below in Luke 22) because those who were handing him over to be murdered were full of darkness and had Satan in their hearts, and they were in darkness because they were blinded by the God and Prince of this world, Satan, who causes darkness. We are blind when we are in the dark and we are in the dark when we are in the flesh. Because it's Satan who the world is under the will of, and they follow him by the lusts of their flesh, loving their flesh and this world, until they have the chance to see the light when they hear the gospel of God and believe the truth and turn from sin.

Luke 22

When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness.

And according to Paul, Satan is very much free!

Acts 26

Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

2 Corinthians 11

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works

1 Timothy 1

Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck: Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.

2 Corinthians 2

Forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;

Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

1 Corinthians 5

For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

1 Corinthians 7

Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

2 Thessalonians 2

Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

And here's Peter

Acts 5

Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land?

And these next verses sum it all up

Romans 16

For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple. For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil. And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

1 Timothy 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

1 Timothy 6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.​

Which points to the fact that it isn't satan, himself, being spoken of, but the world....and the lusts thereof. It was sin that entered the world when Adam sinned, and satan just takes advantage of sin. In the same way that sin takes advantage of the law.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.​

Who has taken them not what.

26Then they will come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, who has taken them captive to his will.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

we were once blind too

Sorry if I seemed harsh to you.

I can only recognize a small g for him whom Michael would not rebuke. :)

marhig

When I think of those who are so blind they cannot hear, I see a pattern. What keeps them from hearing the Gospel, and what keeps them from seeing the Light? Not satan's power, but their very own lusts and pride. God sees that as well. Just as He saw the hardness in Pharaoh's heart, and hardened it even more. Just as He saw the Jews in their self righteous pride, and blinded them. 2 Cor. 3:14, Acts 13:45-47

It seems to me, in all cases, it's a denial of the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. We see it here on TOL. And it's backed by plain old fashioned PRIDE and self-righteousness. Satan doesn't have to do a dang thing.

James 4:6
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Oh Satan has plenty to do with it, he's the one blinding the world, we're not blinded because we don't believe that Jesus is God, were blinded by the hardness of our hearts and God then gives us over to the prince of darkness because we love our flesh before God. I can see clearly that Satan is very much loose, not that he is bound as you seem to believe!

He's trying to devour as many as he can, and can we fall as he tempts us by the lusts of the flesh and if we listen he's in, unless we have the Spirit in the heart then he can't enter in as long as we listen to the Spirit and obey God because he will be guiding us in the truth and we should be seeing when Satan tries to tempt us whilst those in the world are blind being tossed too and fro by him.

He who is in the heart of those who belong to Christ is stronger than he who is in the world.

Those who are blind are those who live by the will of their flesh and not by the will of God. God will enlighten those living by his will and show them that Satan is very much free!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Oh Satan has plenty to do with it, he's the one blinding the world, we're not blinded because we don't believe that Jesus is God, were blinded by the hardness of our hearts and God then gives us over to the prince of darkness because we love our flesh before God. I can see clearly that Satan is very much loose, not that he is bound as you seem to believe!

He's trying to devour as many as he can, and can we fall as he tempts us by the lusts of the flesh and if we listen he's in, unless we have the Spirit in the heart then he can't enter in as long as we listen to the Spirit and obey God because he will be guiding us in the truth and we should be seeing when Satan tries to tempt us whilst those in the world are blind being tossed too and fro by him.

He who is in the heart of those who belong to Christ is stronger than he who is in the world.

Those who are blind are those who live by the will of their flesh and not by the will of God. God will enlighten those living by his will and show them that Satan is very much free!

yes, indeed.

Satan is the master of this world. that's the main reason why this world is filled with hatefulness, and not peace.

People who are in Christ, will not talk the way so many posters do as if they are representatives of Jesus.

Jesus never allow hateful talks.

He is prince of peace, LOVE.

Apple7

Agreed! :)