1 of 5 for GT to Debate (The entire book of Galatians)

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The dietary laws were laws to obey, and they were a teaching tool, a shadow of Jesus, and it signified a separation between people, those who belonged to God, and those who do not belong to God.

Is this what you refer too?

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Who defines love?

Jesus!

He Loved and Loves All!

He died at the hands of humanity, that He died for.

It doesn't get more plain than that.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
56f1f7f194eccc4ef10f957024c39794.jpg

Jamie Gigliotti

I hope I understand you right. Please correct me, but I agree with the indwelling Spirit and following Jesus in concern of universal love through the Holy Spirit, but the new and old wine don't mix.

You said, "the law of obedience is opposed to the law of faith"(paraphrased).

Obedience comes through faith, dependence upon Christ, humility towards him, desire to serve him. (Galatians 1:10). Its not a new rule, it's personal love connection with Christ through his Spirit. Fellowship with God. Intimacy with Him.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

You said, "the law of obedience is opposed to the law of faith"(paraphrased).

Obedience comes through faith, dependence upon Christ, humility towards him, desire to serve him. (Galatians 1:10). Its not a new rule, it's personal love connection with Christ through his Spirit. Fellowship with God. Intimacy with Him.

Well spoken.

The intimacy yields works (fruits) of the Spirit that are measured by Love. We count nothing that comes from this obedience as our work. No matter how righteous others think we are, or how righteous we think we are, we count our fleshly righteousness/deeds loss. It is simply the Loving work of the Spirit of Christ within us and through us. It is an effortless result of our "love affair" with God.

It is His righteousness alone.

It is simply the Spirit working through our perpetual recognition that we kneel upon the blade of repentance and the revelation that sin dwells in our flesh and God knows more about our failure then we will ever know.

Because God responds so intimately by providing His work of righteousness through Jesus, we are led by the strongest calling of the human condition.

Utterly, Unconditional Love.

Though our flesh fails, the Love of Jesus sustains all of our salvational and Spiritual Growth needs.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Actually, the Father defines love. He said if you love your neighbor don't murder him, don't steal from him, etc.

The Father watched his Son be beaten, nailed to a piece of wood and die. That's tough for any parent.

True. The Father revealed his Love through the Father/Son relationship.

But I add, the new covenant commandment of Love supersedes the old covenant, Stone laws of Moses and even precedes the stone through Abraham. The Spiritual revelation of our perpetual need for Jesus and His new covenant is now the only thing the Old Covenant is good for.

Jamie Gigliotti

Well spoken.

The intimacy yields works (fruits) of the Spirit that are measured by Love. We count nothing that comes from this obedience as our work. No matter how righteous others think we are, or how righteous we think we are, we count our fleshly righteousness/deeds loss. It is simply the Loving work of the Spirit of Christ within us and through us. It is an effortless result of our "love affair" with God.

It is His righteousness alone.

It is simply the Spirit working through our perpetual recognition that we kneel upon the blade of repentance and the revelation that sin dwells in our flesh and God knows more about our failure then we will ever know.

Because God responds so intimately by providing His work of righteousness through Jesus, we are led by the strongest calling of the human condition.

Utterly, Unconditional Love.

Though our flesh fails, the Love of Jesus sustains all of our salvational and Spiritual Growth needs.

The only thing that I would add, is Galatians 6:8. That He requires our continued submission, "sow to the Spirit".

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

The only thing that I would add, is Galatians 6:8. That He requires our continued submission, "sow to the Spirit".

I think we both express this, my verbiage is to kneel on the blade of repentance. It is a constant soul dependence on the Spirit of Love.

I add, that this yields an effortless surrender.

Jesus indeed fights for us, while we simply keep still in our soul.

We surrender to and follow the Love of ALL Ages that yields the most meaning out of our existence, here to eternity.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

One other thing, I haven't gotten to 6:8 yet. I only want to evaluate Galatians Chronologically. I stated this close to the OP. I understand that you just jumped in, and your input is excellent.

However, there is a reason Paul focuses so strongly on faith alone and how incompatible the old and new wine are. This is why I'm not there yet.

Epoisses

Actually, the Father defines love. He said if you love your neighbor don't murder him, don't steal from him, etc.

The Father watched his Son be beaten, nailed to a piece of wood and die. That's tough for any parent.

No the Father said this is my beloved son, listen to him.

O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them. John 17:25,26

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
But I add, the new covenant commandment of Love supersedes the old covenant...

Jesus quoted the Law of Moses with regard to love.

You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself, I am the LORD. (Leviticus 19:18)​