ECT Why don't you do it? Don't blame your unbelief on me

oatmeal

Then why are YOU not healing everyone and raising the dead?

YOU should be clearing out hospitals all over the world. Are YOU?

Where does scripture say that I should heal everyone and raising all the dead?

If it does say that, then why are you not healing everyone and raising all the dead?

Where does it say that Jesus Christ or Paul or Peter or any of disciples healed all the sick and raised all the dead?

Maybe you should read scripture without your preconceived notions of what you think it should say.

Mark 9:23

Until the father believed, the child was not going to be delivered.

Mark 9:24

You want to be healed? Believe or shut up.

When all sick people believe God's word to receive healing then and only then, not a moment sooner will they receive healing

When corpses start believing then the corpses can rise up from the dead.

Either I Peter 2:24 is God's truth or not.

Do you believe it?

Do unbelievers believe it.

God says in I Peter 2:24 that you WERE healed.

Why are you healed then?

Because you don't believe it

Kdall

BANNED
Banned

Until the father believed, the child was not going to be delivered.

Mark 9:24

You want to be healed? Believe or shut up.

When all sick people believe God's word to receive healing then and only then, not a moment sooner will they receive healing

Either I Peter 2:24 is God's truth or not.

Do you believe it?

Do unbelievers believe it.

God says in I Peter 2:24 that you WERE healed.

Why are you healed then?

Because you don't believe it

Are you seriously suggesting that all believers are healed of any sickness? I hope not

DAN P

Are you seriously suggesting that all believers are healed of any sickness? I hope not

Hi , oatmeal , and I have heard , many Pentecostals , quote Isa 53 :5 , " and by His STRIPES we are Healed ."

Why do Pentecostals ever get SICK ?

Matt 10:1 says that the disciples were given the Power to HEAL all manner of SICKNESS and all manner of Disease " so why are you not at the Hospitals , and you believe Jesus ??

I wonder why Dr Luke trained as a doctor and went with Paul , but you have the Holy Spirit as a Guide , right !!

dan p

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Matthew 10

8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

Noted fool (atheist) James Randi will give you a million dollars if you do. And he will likely not go to hell if you do.

john w

Hall of Fame
"When corpses start believing then the corpses can rise up from the dead."-oatmush

My mistake. I never knew that oatmush was insane.

Give Sgt. Schultz a straight jacket, or rubber mats, for his walls.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In my younger years I used to be involved in the Pentecostal movement. But when I was sick and didn't get better, the church members blamed me for it. I also saw the strange theologies that populated the movement. I started to reevaluate why I was in that movement. Did I really belong in a Pentecostal church? So I left it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Acts 9

37 But it happened in those days that she became sick and died. When they had washed her, they laid her in an upper room. 38 And since Lydda was near Joppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent two men to him, imploring him not to delay in coming to them. 39 Then Peter arose and went with them. When he had come, they brought him to the upper room. And all the widows stood by him weeping, showing the tunics and garments which Dorcas had made while she was with them. 40 But Peter put them all out, and knelt down and prayed. And turning to the body he said, “Tabitha, arise.” And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter she sat up.

For the life of me, I can not figure out why people argue against what the Bible clearly says.

andyc

Hi , oatmeal , and I have heard , many Pentecostals , quote Isa 53 :5 , " and by His STRIPES we are Healed ."

Matt 10:1 says that the disciples were given the Power to HEAL all manner of SICKNESS and all manner of Disease " so why are you not at the Hospitals , and you believe Jesus ??

I wonder why Dr Luke trained as a doctor and went with Paul , but you have the Holy Spirit as a Guide , right !!

dan p

There is a difference between believing God can heal, and believing God has healed. Then there is doubt and unbelief counter balancing faith.
Faith can be tested as well. Those who believe they are healed only for a minute, a weak, or month, didn't really know in their heart they were healed. Faith is a fight at times, and you need faith filled people around you. Not people like you.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Acts 9

37 But it happened in those days that she became sick and died. When they had washed her, they laid her in an upper room. 38 And since Lydda was near Joppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent two men to him, imploring him not to delay in coming to them. 39 Then Peter arose and went with them. When he had come, they brought him to the upper room. And all the widows stood by him weeping, showing the tunics and garments which Dorcas had made while she was with them. 40 But Peter put them all out, and knelt down and prayed. And turning to the body he said, “Tabitha, arise.” And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter she sat up.

oatmeal

I am not suggesting anything.

I am recommending that you take I Peter 2:24 KJV seriously, for it is God's word that says, "by whose stripes ye were healed"

Was God in error for having Peter write that?

Now, it took what 9 years after God's promise before Abraham received a son by Sarah

But Abraham chose to believe God's promise and eventually received the promised son.

Ye were healed is a promise of God, don't you think it is high time sick people started believing God's promise?

I Peter 2:24

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

If that is not true, then what in scripture is true?

oatmeal

dan p

I am not a Pentecostal.

Why do you get sick?

You ever read John 10:10?

Who is it that is stealing health from people?

Who is it that is killing people?

Who is it that is destroying?

Not God.

Not Jesus Christ.

Why is our adversary called the thief in that verse?

Because he is so sneaky and wily, he actually gets people to doubt God's willingness and ability to heal people. Worse yet, he actually gets people to believe that God was the one who caused the disease or the death!

Is I Peter 2:24 true or not?

Levolor

God does not respond to need or want, but instead only to faith.

Perhaps some get needs and wants confused with faith?

oatmeal

Matthew 10

8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

Noted fool (atheist) James Randi will give you a million dollars if you do. And he will likely not go to hell if you do.

Matthew 10:8 Is that it? Is all that Jesus told his twelve disciples to do?

And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;

3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;

4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.

5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

9 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,

10 Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.

11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.

12 And when ye come into an house, salute it.

13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.

14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;

18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.

19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

24 The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.

25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?

26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

27 What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

42 And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

oatmeal

"When corpses start believing then the corpses can rise up from the dead."-oatmush

My mistake. I never knew that oatmush was insane.

Give Sgt. Schultz a straight jacket, or rubber mats, for his walls.

Mark 9:23 is very clear.

Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

What is your problem with it?

Why are you not raising the dead? You are alive, aren't you?

oatmeal

In my younger years I used to be involved in the Pentecostal movement. But when I was sick and didn't get better, the church members blamed me for it. I also saw the strange theologies that populated the movement. I started to reevaluate why I was in that movement. Did I really belong in a Pentecostal church? So I left it.

oatmeal

Acts 9

For the life of me, I can not figure out why people argue against what the Bible clearly says.

So you see my point.

Dead people cannot believe.

Was Peter a Christian?

Are you a Christian?

Why did Peter go as requested?

He could have said no, why did he go?

Does Proverbs 3:5-6 ring a bell?

Who directed Peter's path?

God did.

Did Peter raise all dead people?

Or just the ones that God directed him to?

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Have you read in Acts where God forbid Paul to preach in some of the cities that Paul wanted to go to?

God had a better city in mind, Philippi

He made that clear to Paul in that vision where he saw a man of Macedonia.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Acts 9

Peter was an Apostle anointed by God as He had also anointed Jesus.

When Christians are anointed as Peter was then they will do the same.

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Joh 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Joh 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

However one must start at the beginning as Jesus first disciples did and as the 3000 did before arriving at where the 120 did.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

LA

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Acts 9