Why Calvinist, Catholics, Others, Hate the Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ

beloved57

no
-what I said is that to be saved we must rely on
-redemption
-forgiveness
-grace
-mercy
Right, you are saying that one is saved by their act of relying. You teach that one can not be saved unless they do that.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Right, you are saying that one is saved by their act of relying. You teach that one can not be saved unless they do that.

relying isn't something that you do
-and
-we can't do anything about redemption and mercy
-but
-we can ask for forgiveness and grace
-and
-we can use grace to do what is right

beloved57

relying isn't something that you do
-and
-we can't do anything about redemption and mercy
-but
-we can ask for forgiveness and grace
-and
-we can use grace to do what is right
It is something one does, you sound foolish.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Nanja

You are so hung up on what some one does that you cannot see what God has done for us in Jesus Christ.

Any action whatsoever a person does while carnal / in the flesh, no matter how sincere, in an attempt to make themselves right with God, is a work with no possibility of pleasing Him Rom. 8:7-8.

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Any action whatsoever a person does while carnal / in the flesh, no matter how sincere, in an attempt to make themselves right with God, is a work with no possibility of pleasing Him Rom. 8:7-8.

~~~~~

That's not according to the Bible.

On the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews heard and believed the Gospel and were saved, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4. Some of which had participated in the crucifixion of Christ, Acts 2:36.

You have a wrong view of the nature and character of God. The God of the Bible "So loves the world that he gives his only begotten Son". This is the God that you need to believe and have faith in. Your unjust, unmerciful Calvinist God will send you to hell.

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17. Which is the Gospel.

beloved57

~~~~~

Thats right. chrysostom believes his act of relying on Gods mercy saves him, something he did.

Nanja

That's not according to the Bible.

On the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews heard and believed the Gospel and were saved, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4. Some of which had participated in the crucifixion of Christ, Acts 2:36.

They heard and believed because they were quickened by the Spirit, Born of the Spirit!

Of themselves they were incapable of doing anything that pleased God.

But it was because the Holy Ghost fell upon them:

Acts. 11:15
And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.

It was because God's Power fell upon them, that they were Made Able to Hear the Gospel which is Spiritual, by God-Given Faith, a Fruit and Gift of the Holy Spirit Gal. 5:22; Eph. 2:8!

~~~~~

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
"... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

:first:

Robert Pate

Banned
They heard and believed because they were quickened by the Spirit, Born of the Spirit!

Of themselves they were incapable of doing anything that pleased God.

But it was because the Holy Ghost fell upon them:

Acts. 11:15
And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.

It was because God's Power fell upon them, that they were Made Able to Hear the Gospel which is Spiritual, by God-Given Faith, a Fruit and Gift of the Holy Spirit Gal. 5:22; Eph. 2:8!

~~~~~

They were quickened by the Holy Spirit because they heard and believed the Gospel.

Why is it you are anti-Gospel?

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word" Romans 10:17. Which is the Gospel.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Calvinism is placing your faith in a lie and rejecting Christ as the savior of the world.

That's an absolutely ridiculous statement, because Calvinism is orthodox Protestantism- you're the one in heresy, I don't know how you all are getting off talking all that nonsense on Reformed belief.