Where Is Mother Teresa Now?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The soul does not exist independently of the body. The soul is only the combination of a body with the breath of life. When the Creator formed man from the dust of the earth,He breathed into his nostrils and man became a living soul. (Genesis 2:7) To become is to be, not to have. We don't have souls; we are souls. At death, the body goes back to the dust and the breath of life goes back to God Who gave it. (Ecclesiastes 12:7) This "going back to God" is an embellishment to enhance the honor of God. The literal meaning is that the breath of life "goes with the wind." I know, people don't like this message because they prefer to live in the hope of treats as rewards for doing good or for obeying the Law, no matter the fact that treats are for dogs, not humans with Freewill.

We get your 'view' on this Ben :) - but there are Jews who DO BELIEVE in an afterlife, a resurrection, a 'rebirth'. You might also consider the doctrine of 'reincarnation' in its various understandings, as did the ancient kaballists :) - While physical bodies do return to dust (the elements), there may be in that 'spirit' that returns to 'God', an original core-kernel that continues to exist and takes on another 'embodiment' (material body) to express itself, grow, learn, evolve, etc. Have you given time to consider the real prospect of 'resurrection' and 'reincarnation'?

Ben Masada

We get your 'view' on this Ben :) - but there are Jews who DO BELIEVE in an afterlife, a resurrection, a 'rebirth'. You might also consider the doctrine of 'reincarnation' in its various understandings, as did the ancient kaballists :) - While physical bodies do return to dust (the elements), there may be in that 'spirit' that returns to 'God', an original core-kernel that continues to exist and takes on another 'embodiment' (material body) to express itself, grow, learn, evolve, etc. Have you given time to consider the real prospect of 'resurrection' and 'reincarnation'?

Yes Freelight. I have indeed given enough time to consider and reconsider resurrection and reincarnation and, have come to the conclusion that both are from pagan mythologies. No wonder the Tanach denies both with the fact that, once dead, no one will ever return from the grave. Evidences? II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; Psalm 49:12:20; etc, etc.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Yes Freelight. I have indeed given enough time to consider and reconsider resurrection and reincarnation and, have come to the conclusion that both are from pagan mythologies. No wonder the Tanach denies both with the fact that, once dead, no one will ever return from the grave. Evidences? II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; Psalm 49:12:20; etc, etc.

You do know that Jews and Christians believing in 'resurrection' can quote a host of 'scriptures' too to support their view :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So you don't believe in heaven as described in the Holy Bible?

1 Corinthians 2:9 KJV -

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
So you don't believe in heaven as described in the Holy Bible?

1 Corinthians 2:9 KJV -

If you've dialogued with Ben, you'd know by now his view of the afterlife, or lack thereof ? Its basically "curtains" after you die. That's it. Enjoy your life while it lasts ;)

But we digress from dear Teresa,.....there are other threads or perhaps a new one that could be started on the Afterlife. - we've engaged before on my last thread on 'NDE's and the Afterlife'.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
-
Towards the end of her life, Teresa began to worry that if there be God, he might not like her, and might actually be quite inclined to condemn her. What's wrong with that picture? Well; I'll tell you what's wrong.

According to the Holy Bible-- which Roman Catholicism holds in very high regard --God has a supernatural way of assuring His own that He does in fact exist and that they are not abandoned.

John 14:16-18 . . I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever-- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for He lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

Rom 8:16 . .The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

The Greek word for "bears witness" means to corroborate; which Webster's defines as: to support with evidence.

It's possible to short circuit the corroboration process.

1Ths 5:19 . . Do not quench the Spirit.

How does one quench the Spirit? Well . . the better question is: How did the most dedicated Catholic nun the twentieth century ever produced manage to quench Him? If the most pious role model in the modern Catholic world could quench God's Spirit for virtually five decades, then where does that leave John Q and Jane Doe pew warmer?

2Cor 13:5 . . Examine yourselves to see whether you are living in faith. Test yourselves. Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you? --unless, of course, you fail the test.

/

The unsaved do not care if God loves them or not.

What you are suggesting is that Teresa spoke to God about it and God never answered her.

LA

God's Truth

Ecclesiastes 12:7 and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Acts 7:59
While they were stoning him, Stephen appealed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

Caino

BANNED
Banned
All of Gods children of even the faintest flicker of faith, inside or outside of any religion, will awake on the next world that Jesus went to prepare for us.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Give the scripture which you say supports that the spirit returns to God upon the death of the body.

LA

Not that you need 'chap and verse' for anything, but to play the bible game...try Ecclesiastes 12:7 :p

I'm surprised one of your biblical acumen was not aware of this passage ;)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not that you need 'chap and verse' for anything, but to play the bible game...try Ecclesiastes 12:7 :p

I'm surprised one of your biblical acumen was not aware of this passage ;)

Off to the country.

Ecc 12:6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.
Ecc 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
It does not say what you think.

Do you think Jesus was alive when He was dead?

Do you think He went back to God when He died?

LA

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Spirit returns to God......

Spirit returns to God......

Off to the country.

Ecc 12:6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.
Ecc 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

LA

While the verse before has deeper symbolic meaning (pertaining to the death process), the latter verse is pretty clear,...."the spirit shall return to God who gave it". Now what do you suppose this means other than what it says? :rolleyes:

That's depends if your reading the text literally or figuratively :)

This gets all mumbled together with a host of different beliefs about the spirit-soul, but its generally assumed Jesus survived his physical death, visited spirits in the underworld, appeared to people before his so called 'ascension',...so many assume Jesus as a spirit-soul in some form, was roaming around. Again, you can interpret this in different ways, or take on any number of assumptions.

This is further complicated on how one defines 'soul' and 'spirit', and if they believe in 'soul-sleep' before 'resurrection', etc. You can see,...there is more than one cherry to pick here :)

God's Truth

Off to the country.

LA

Jesus' Spirit lived on according to the judgment of God, as did Stephen's spirit.

How do you ever get that means our spirits do not live on after the death of our bodies?

God's Truth

Off to the country.

LA

Yes, Jesus was alive when his body was dead. He went to Hell/prison and preached the gospel there.