What is the Gospel?

glorydaz

There isn't a right and wrong side of the cross.

What on earth do you think you have proven?

That is just plain creepy.

You don't want to believe the scriptures that Jesus came with grace because Jesus didn't say 'grace'.

That is evil talk.

Jesus is the Word.

No such thing.

You are speaking evil.

The scripture is about a covenant for ALL.

I am not thinking about you and your violent and nonsensical approach.

No one is regenerated UNTIL they are saved.

And another thread being trolled, monopolized, and taken off track by God's UNtruth.

Always disruptive and never addressing the topic at hand. :nono:

God's Truth

The difference is when He walked among us, and healed and preached, His blood (GRACE) was still in Him.
It had not been SHED.

That's the difference the CROSS made. Law....Cross.....Grace

I gave you scripture that plainly says Jesus is the good news.

As for Jesus teaching before he shed his blood, what do you think? Do you think he should have taught it while he was dead?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The good news, then, is we can live forever.
No. The Good News is Easter.
This is news because without Easter we die. It's good because death is not a good thing, despite it being the power of science's evolution, supposedly.

I disagree that we have been discussing internal matters. The presentation of the gospel is the most external thing the church should be doing
Agreed at least in sentiment.
, and in this thread, @Sonnet was asking for a presentation of the gospel. There have been some decent ones and some not so good ones, imo.

Now, I understand that Sonnet was picking on a particular in-house disagreement, but giving him the benefit of the doubt, it's a valid question--if the answer to "What must I do to be saved?" is "Nothing", then what is he to do?
Nobody is saying "Nothing," though.
I would hope that any Christian in this forum would have the same answer: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ."

But I'm quick to ask, "What does it mean to 'believe on the Lord Jesus Christ'?" And so should he.
It means believe Easter.
One must count the cost, yes?
What's the cost of believing Easter? It used to be a significant risk that you'd be imprisoned or even given the death penalty. Nowadays .. most of us .. we don't have any of that.
Is it worth losing the pleasures of this life in exchange for unending joy in the one to come?
In a sense, this world only offers pleasures to those believing Easter.
I pray Sonnet will see this short life as one not to hang on to, but eternity as something to strive for--through the narrow gate of Jesus' death on the cross.
The narrow gate of Easter.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Indeed. She is an odious woman that should be shunned by all believers. Do not give her a platform to vomit her heresies forth.

GT denies the very core of what "Christian" means, yet appropriates the label to deceive:

Within the one Being that is God, there exists eternally three coequal and coeternal persons, namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Those that willfully deny this have no warrant to declare themselves to be "Christian".

AMR
All who believe Easter deserve to call themselves Christian. Romans 10:9 (KJV) You don't have to be Trinitarian to be a true Christian.

There are simply Christians who have not been given the Holy Spirit's gift of teaching or preaching, and they should, wrt matters of faith and morals, just shut up.

Gt won't. I accept Gt nonetheless.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You are not speaking truth.
I can't remember the verse, but I believe there is a scripture: Paul wrote it I think, or maybe it's about Paul but it's in Acts, and if I'm remembering correctly, he said that it was grace that the Lord taught righteousness and obedience, and none of that is verbatim, except the word "grace." Do you know the passage I'm thinking of? This isn't a trap, I may well be remembering it wrong. But if you know it, can you let me know?

I hope I'm not making it up, but .. :idunno:

glorydaz

Danoh

And with that, I rest my case. Shall we stop preaching the Gospel until we all agree on the MEANING of a word? {Jesus was faithful, but He had faith of His own.)

Romans 3:21-24KJV
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:​

We run into the same problem when we look at the text...."saved by grace through faith" - Eph. 2:8KJV. Same with the verse that speaks of "from faith to faith" - Romans 1:17KJV.

So, can the Gospel be preached without the preacher doing his own interpretations?

What's new - people approach the study of these things differently.

Their results are bound to...differ.

Rom. 5:8

Danoh

I can't remember the verse, but I believe there is a scripture: Paul wrote it I think, or maybe it's about Paul but it's in Acts, and if I'm remembering correctly, he said that it was grace that the Lord taught righteousness and obedience, and none of that is verbatim, except the word "grace." Do you know the passage I'm thinking of? This isn't a trap, I may well be remembering it wrong. But if you know it, can you let me know?

I hope I'm not making it up, but .. :idunno:

Passages with the word "grace" in Acts....

Acts 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

Acts 11:23 Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord.

Acts 13:43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

Acts 14:3 Long time therefore abode they speaking boldly in the Lord, which gave testimony unto the word of his grace, and granted signs and wonders to be done by their hands.

Acts 14:26 And thence sailed to Antioch, from whence they had been recommended to the grace of God for the work which they fulfilled.

Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Acts 15:40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.

Acts 18:27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

Acts 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Rom. 5:8.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It's all in the Bible that you mostly ignore.

Heb 9:16-17 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:16) For where a testament [is], there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. (9:17) For a testament [is] of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

The new testament CANNOT be in force UNTIL the death of the TESTATOR.

Therefore, the vast majority of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are CANNOT be new testament.

It's just that simple.

You guys are insane.

good day.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You make a good point, but, in truth, they witnessed more than the Resurrection.
Acts 10:39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

If it was the resurrection ALONE that Paul is talking about, then Lazarus could be worshipped as well...there were witnesses to his being raised from the dead. Others were raised from the dead when Christ was, and they were seen of many.

You cite Romans 10:9, and seem to be overlooking a critical factor. Jesus was no ordinary man, like Lazarus, He was THE LORD.
I'm not overlooking that in the slightest bit. That's one of the first things to know about Him, once anybody's curious about Easter. Who was He? And why was He dead in the first place, that He should rise? I'm not overlooking anything, and I embrace the entirety of the Christian faith, I only contend that believing Easter is the same as believing the Christian faith. The faith can be meticulously expressed, certainly, and is, with Paul's epistle to the church in Rome just one of the most famous examples of this.
Therefore, HIS DEATH was paramount.
No it wasn't. There's only one thing that, if fictional, would make the Christian faith vain, and that's Easter. That's Paul, not me. So I have to side with what I read in the scriptures, and Paul's the only biblical writer who answered this question, about what is the one thing, that if false, would sink the entire faith, and he said it's Easter.
There is no way the resurrection could take on the import it does without the dying.
Absolutely agreed!
The dying for the sins of the world. The sins of the world born on the body of our LORD GOD is what we are confessing when we believe.
Romans 10:9KJV
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

And 1 Cor. 15:14KJV...an equally valid point excepting you're missing the crucial point in what Paul is saying. Our faith would be in vain because we would still be in our sins. Sins were taken care of at the CROSS...not at the Resurrection.
1 Cor. 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
I'm not missing the point about still being dead in our sins. But he said that if Easter is made up, then we are still dead in our sins. Not only that, but 1st Corinthians 15:
32 If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.
He wouldn't have endured what he did, if it weren't for Easter being nonfiction. He never would have done all that. I'm not saying that if in some hypothetical fictional world, that if the Lord died for our sins, and did not rise from the dead, that there's no Gospel, in that hypothetical world, maybe His death would be good news nonetheless? Fortunately, that's not our world. Our world is better than that world. We have Easter.

Lon

Your arrogance, pride, duplicitous nature and hardened heart sicken me....

AMR is outside of scripture and you are defending him by lying to Sonnet... who is searching out salvation....

No remorse here... all well expressed from me.., and I may have posted again... but what you are doing is horrible!

I don't think he's looking but under the glass of Calvinism. He will not accept the gospel because 'he' is a Calvinist. He may not want to be one, but that's the hang-up, at least that he is giving you, I and the rest of TOL.

In a nutshell, there is no loss of love from Christ. I know it 'looks' like that from an outsider, but GD said it well: "Salvation is sufficient." AMR says this too. Nutshell, all three of us believe this: Romans 10:13 Will Sonnet call? Will he be MADE to call? Will he be entreated to call? WHAT will make Sonnet call? Every Arminian and Calvinist are concerned with these questions. My question: Who is this really between? Me and Sonnet? :nono: GloryDaz and Sonnet? :nono: AMR and Sonnet? :nono: Evil Eye and Sonnet? :nono: Jesus and Sonnet? Yep. Sonnet, MUST eventually meet and confront or be confronted by, the Lord Jesus Christ. John 14:6 Acts 4:12 John 6:44; 65 "IF" Sonnet, right now, is NOT drawn, only God can draw Him. Light either draws or repels. If Sonnet is just repelled by Calvinism, I've no real worry. If, however, he is repelled by the good, loving, righteous, light of God, he is in REAL trouble. We can plant. We can water. ONLY God gives the increase. I applaud you digging frantically and dumping boat-loads of water. Try to realize, however, than neither AMR nor GD are doing it wrong. They are shining light. Light WILL draw men. If Sonnet doesn't see love here, he is in desperate need of scales removed and callouses sanded down. Pray for him, don't shoot AMR or GD. Your light needs to shine too, just shine it. :e4e: -Lon

glorydaz

He was raised up from the dead, that's how He was like that bronze serpent.
So focus on Easter. :)

The bronze serpent wasn't raised from the dead...he was lifted up.

That Jesus was lifted up is speaking of his death on the cross.

John 12:31-33
31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. 32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

He came to die. Jesus apparently thought it was His death that was paramount. "All men"....are drawn to the Lord through the "preaching of the cross".

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.​

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The bronze serpent wasn't raised from the dead...he was lifted up.

That Jesus was lifted up is speaking of his death on the cross.
John 12:31-33
31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. 32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

He came to die. Jesus apparently thought it was His death that was paramount. "All men"....are drawn to the Lord through the "preaching of the cross".
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.​
1 Corinthians 2:2 KJV - 2 [FONT=&quot]For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

[/FONT]
1 Corinthians 1:23 KJV - 23 [FONT=&quot]But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness[/FONT]

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All who believe Easter deserve to call themselves Christian. Romans 10:9 (KJV) You don't have to be Trinitarian to be a true Christian.

This is quite simply nonsense. Belief in Easter assumes the One who accomplished our redemption was God. Not a God. Not some superhuman. Not some wonderful teacher. Just using incantations, "Easter!", without careful qualification of all that term implies is superficial and error. Such a statement declares that the Scripture's teachings of the triunity of God is irrelevant, God simply wasting words.

The true believer's redemption was planned by God the Father, accomplished by God the Son, and applied by God the Holy Spirit. Three persons. One God. To claim one is a redeemed believer while denying He Who planned, He Who accomplished, and He Who applied that salvation is rank heresy.

Now I am in no way claiming that a true believer will have all understanding in place at the moment he or she is born anew. But I am certainly claiming that a true believer in their walk of faith will come to a fuller understanding of their redemption that will not deny the Triune Godhead.

There is no way the vocal Arians or other Trinity deniers we encounter daily at this site warrant your assumption that they can be considered true believers. Christianity is not so big a tent that anyone claiming anything may have a seat under the tent. Stand for something or fall for everything, Nihilo.

AMR

glorydaz

This is quite simply nonsense. Belief in Easter assumes the One who accomplished our redemption was God. Not a God. Not some superhuman. Not some wonderful teacher. Just using incantations, "Easter!", without careful qualification of all that term implies is superficial and error. Such a statement declares that the Scripture's teachings of the triunity of God is irrelevant, God simply wasting words.

The true believer's redemption was planned by God the Father, accomplished by God the Son, and applied by God the Holy Spirit. Three persons. One God. To claim one is a redeemed believer while denying He Who planned, He Who accomplished, and He Who applied that salvation is rank heresy.

Now I am in no way claiming that a true believer will have all understanding in place at the moment he or she is born anew. But I am certainly claiming that a true believer in their walk of faith will come to a fuller understanding of their redemption that will not deny the Triune Godhead.

There is no way the vocal Arians or other Trinity deniers we encounter daily at this site warrant your assumption that they can be considered true believers. Christianity is not so big a tent that anyone claiming anything may have a seat under the tent. Stand for something or fall for everything, Nihilo.

AMR

:thumb: