What is the Gospel?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I am talking about the blood of Jesus.

The last covenant and only covenant that saves.
You're begging the question.

Speaking of questions, where's the answer to mine?

Where did Jesus say the word grace?
Where did Jesus teach grace?

God's Truth

Paul's remembrance had to do with His death for our sins and not a covenant.

You have covenant on the brain.

1 Corinthians 11:23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I affirm that I am a genuine seeker after Christ.

Impossible.

Romans 3:11:
There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

The Scripture above is perspicuous. It is didactic. It is not open to an interpretation that would declare the non-born again possess some ability to seek after the righteousness of God.

Only a regenerated believer seeks after God (Jer. 17:9; Mark 7:21-23; Eph. 2:2; Eph. 2:4-5; Titus 3:5; John 3:19; Rom. 3:10-12; 5:6; 6:16-20; Eph. 2:1,3;1 Cor. 2:14).

So either you are one or you are deceiving yourself. Call upon the name of the Lord and be saved (Romans 10:13). Make your assurance known (1 John 5:13). The true believer is not wondering Where is God? The true believer is indwelt by the very God behind the question. A house divided cannot stand. Therefore no true believer, indwelt by God, denies the one true God is.

AMR

God's Truth

Impossible.

The Scripture above is perspicuous. It is didactic. It is not open to an interpretation that would declare the non-born again possess some ability to seek after the righteousness of God.

Only a regenerated believer seeks after God (Jer. 17:9; Mark 7:21-23; Eph. 2:2; Eph. 2:4-5; Titus 3:5; John 3:19; Rom. 3:10-12; 5:6; 6:16-20; Eph. 2:1,3;1 Cor. 2:14).

So either you are one or you are deceiving yourself. Call upon the name of the Lord and be saved (Romans 10:13). Make your assurance known (1 John 5:13). The true believer is not wondering Where is God? The true believer is indwelt by the very God behind the question. A house divided cannot stand. Therefore no true believer, indwelt by God, denies the one true God is.

AMR

No one is regenerated UNTIL they are saved.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
GT and others like her are forever stuck on the wrong side of the Cross where man does the work out of fear of God's wrath. "If I don't forgive, I won't be forgiven." "If I don't obey, I won't be saved." "I must be baptised, I must repent of my sins or they won't be forgiven. I must do this that and the other. Always "I" and "MY DOING".

Indeed. She is an odious woman that should be shunned by all believers. Do not give her a platform to vomit her heresies forth.

GT denies the very core of what "Christian" means, yet appropriates the label to deceive:

Within the one Being that is God, there exists eternally three coequal and coeternal persons, namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Those that willfully deny this have no warrant to declare themselves to be "Christian".

AMR

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Indeed. She is an odious woman that should be shunned by all believers. Do not give her a platform to vomit her heresies forth.

GT denies the very core of what "Christian" means, yet appropriates the label to deceive:

Within the one Being that is God, there exists eternally three coequal and coeternal persons, namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Those that willfully deny this have no warrant to declare themselves to be "Christian".

AMR

And here I thought all who name the name of Christ were Christians.

King James Bible
Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
AMR specifically said it is Blasphemy to tell Bob Jesus died for Him... Because He doesn’t know if Jesus died for him...
Specifically? Er, no. If I was being specific, I most certainly would have used the word in question. Rather, I clearly stated that any pastor making such a statement would be in error at least half the time (probabilistically speaking) he would make such a proclamation.

That is not blasphemy. It is plainly presumptuousness, as in presuming to know the will of God for a specific person.

For the record, blasphemy is to speak with contempt about God or to be defiantly irreverent. Blasphemy is verbal or written reproach of God's name, character, work, or attributes. Basically, blasphemy is to speak falsely about God.

The pastor in question above may sincerely believe what he is proclaiming. He is confused and riddled with error. That does not mean he is blaspheming. Of course, it could be blasphemy if said pastor was aware of his error and proceeded to state what he stated against what his own conscience teaches him to be in opposition to what he goes forth and proclaims.

Let's not toss the blasphemous label about carelessly.

AMR

glorydaz

And here I thought all who name the name of Christ were Christians.

King James Bible
Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

She has not yet departed from her iniquity of preaching a false Gospel. Therefore, she is not His.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Go ahead and show us the gospel of the grace of God throughout the prophets of Israel.

1 Peter

Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Prophets?......

Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things,

Apostles?.....

which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

glorydaz

Impossible.

Yes, here is a bone of contention, but it has nothing to do with the Gospel.

Indeed, the true believer isn't wondering since they have already found God, but we were created with a desire to know Him.

Again, this is beyond the scope of the basic Gospel. :)

There are many areas we can find for disagreement, but I don't consider them essentials for salvation. Great for discussion, however. Great for getting us to dig into the word of God. All believers should "masticate well before ingesting." ;)