What is the Gospel?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
JR,

You think Jesus made Paul set aside the one and only covenant for a different one?

Galatians 3:15
[ The Law and the Promise ] Brothers and sisters, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case.

Just before Saul became Paul, God had cut off Israel (Acts 8, when Steven was murdered), and God's covenant with them had been set aside for later, so that God could temporarily work with the Gentiles.

The message Jesus gave Paul had always been available, but it obscured by God making His second covenant with Abraham (Genesis 17).

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus was just graceful?! Graceful like a woman?

Jesus CAME with GRACE.
What do you think "came with grace" and "full of grace and truth" mean?

Where in four gospels did Jesus teach grace? How could Jesus have taught grace if He never once uttered the word grace?

God's Truth

Just before Saul became Paul, God had cut off Israel (Acts 8, when Steven was murdered), and God's covenant with them had been set aside for later, so that God could temporarily work with the Gentiles.

The message Jesus gave Paul had always been available, but it obscured by God making His second covenant with Abraham (Genesis 17).

hahahaha You think God cut off Israel when Stephen was stoned to death. No, the UNFAITHFUL Jews were cut off when Jesus started his earthly ministry.

Luke 19:42 and said, "If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace--but now it is hidden from your eyes.
Luke 8:10

He said, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, "'though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.'

John 12:40
"He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn--and I would heal them."

Romans 11:8
as it is written: "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that could not see and ears that could not hear, to this very day."

Matthew 13:14
In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: "'You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.

Mark 4:12 so that, "'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'"

Mark 8:17And Jesus, aware of this, said to them, "Why do you discuss the fact that you have no bread? Do you not yet see or understand? Do you have a hardened heart? 18"HAVING EYES, DO YOU NOT SEE? AND HAVING EARS, DO YOU NOT HEAR? And do you not remember,

Right Divider

Body part
Technically, with anyone apart from Israel (both Jews and Greeks).

No, the message that Jesus gave Paul was hid in God and not available or known by anyone before.

Eph 3:9 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:9) And to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Anything "hid in God" is definitely not known by anyone else.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

No, the message that Jesus gave Paul was hid in God and not available or known by anyone before.

(3:9) And to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

So what about the covenant made in Genesis 15?

God's Truth

It was not hid from the lost sheep of Israel.

Not all from Israel are Israel.

There are spiritual Jews who had faith before Jesus came.

Those are the Jews who God kept for Himself and then gave them to Jesus when Jesus came.

Jesus said he would not lose one that God gave him.

They were God's, but now they had to go through Jesus to remain God's.

God's Truth

What do you think "came with grace" and "full of grace and truth" mean?

Where in four gospels did Jesus teach grace? How could Jesus have taught grace if He never once uttered the word grace?

I gave you scriptures that say Jesus came with grace.

Jesus taught forgiveness through him.

That is what Paul taught, forgiveness through Jesus Christ.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What covenant would that be?
Spoiler
After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.”But Abram said, “Lord God, what will You give me, seeing I go childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?”Then Abram said, “Look, You have given me no offspring; indeed one born in my house is my heir!”And behold, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, “This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir.”Then He brought him outside and said, “Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.”And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.Then He said to him, “I am the Lord, who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans, to give you this land to inherit it.”And he said, “Lord God, how shall I know that I will inherit it?”So He said to him, “Bring Me a three-year-old heifer, a three-year-old female goat, a three-year-old ram, a turtledove, and a young pigeon.”Then he brought all these to Him and cut them in two, down the middle, and placed each piece opposite the other; but he did not cut the birds in two.And when the vultures came down on the carcasses, Abram drove them away.Now when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and behold, horror and great darkness fell upon him.Then He said to Abram: “Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, and will serve them, and they will afflict them four hundred years.And also the nation whom they serve I will judge; afterward they shall come out with great possessions.Now as for you, you shall go to your fathers in peace; you shall be buried at a good old age.But in the fourth generation they shall return here, for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet complete.”And it came to pass, when the sun went down and it was dark, that behold, there appeared a smoking oven and a burning torch that passed between those pieces.On the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying: “To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates—the Kenites, the Kenezzites, the Kadmonites,the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaim,the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.” - Genesis 15:1-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis15:1-21&version=NKJV

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I gave you scriptures that say Jesus came with grace.

Jesus taught forgiveness through him.

That is what Paul taught, forgiveness through Jesus Christ.

I asked for you to quote Jesus TEACHING grace. Are you unable to do that?

We aren't talking about forgiveness. We're talking about grace. We'll get to forgiveness in a bit, after and only after you understand that grace is not law.

Where in the Bible are the verses where Jesus teaches grace?

The verses you gave do not show Jesus teaching grace.

So, GT, where does Jesus utter the word grace in the Bible? And where does the Bible show Him teaching grace?

God's Truth

I asked for you to quote Jesus TEACHING grace. Are you unable to do that?

We aren't talking about forgiveness. We're talking about grace. We'll get to forgiveness in a bit, after and only after you understand that grace is not law.

Where in the Bible are the verses where Jesus teaches grace?

The verses you gave do not show Jesus teaching grace.

So, GT, where does Jesus utter the word grace in the Bible? And where does the Bible show Him teaching grace?

Give it up, JR. The Bible says plainly that Jesus came with grace. You try to change it to say Jesus came gracefully.

Just believe the scriptures, they are the truth.

The good news is Jesus.

Don't you know that?

God's Truth

I have a Bible. Which covenant are you talking about?

That passage does not mention a covenant.

Paul is speaking to the Corinthian Gentiles. Paul says he is a minister of a NEW COVENANT.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The Greater Glory of the New Covenant

7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!

Paul says he is a MINISTER of a NEW COVENANT, and that it is THE MINISTRY/COVENANT of the SPIRIT.

Jesus came and made a NEW COVENANT.

Paul says he is a MINISTER of a NEW COVENANT, and that it is THE MINISTRY/COVENANT of the SPIRIT. That is the same New Covenant that Jesus preached. Jesus promised the Holy Spirit to those in the New Covenant.

Jesus says his words are SPIRIT.

See John 6:63.

Romans 11:27
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

2 Corinthians 2:12
[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,

John 6:54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

John 6:55
For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Galatians 3:15
[ The Law and the Promise ] Brothers and sisters, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case.

Galatians 3:17
What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise.

Galatians 4:24
These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar.