What is the Gospel?

God's Truth

James said if you break one law, you are guilty of breaking all of them.
Read it again. James is speaking of the ROYAL LAW. He is not speaking about the old law in whole.

If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well;but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors.For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. - James 2:8-10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James2:8-10&version=NKJV

This is why Christians should not keep the law, not only because we are delivered from the law (Romans 7:6) through Christ, but because if we keep one law, we must keep them all, and if we break one, we are guilty of breaking them all.
You have been taught wrong.

James was speaking of the ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Love is not harming your neighbor that is how we love our neighbors; we do no harm to them.

If you do not harm your neighbor by not murdering your neighbor, it is good and you have obeyed a commandment of do not murder.

If you do not harm your neighbor by committing adultery with your neighbor's wife, then you have obeyed another commandment.

If you do not harm your neighbor by bearing false witness against your neighbor, you have done right and obeyed yet another command.

If you STEAL from your neighbor, you have HARMED your neighbor, AND NOW YOU ARE GUILTY OF BREAKING THE WHOLE ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Do you understand now? You obeyed all those commands and were doing right by loving your neighbor and not harming him...but then, you missed up on one. You did not kill your neighbor, commit adultery with his wife, you did not bear false witness against him...but you stole something from him...you have now broke one law and stole...but now you are guilty of breaking the whole law of love your neighbor because you hurt him by stealing from him.

Paul said "imitate me as I imitate Christ" because his message was different than the rest of the New Testament, because imitating Peter and the other Apostles would end up circumcised and keeping the law.
Paul told Peter he acted out of line with the gospel when he would no longer eat with the uncircumcised CHRISTIAN Gentiles, he did not because HE WAS AFRAID to die.

You need to humble yourself so you can hear.

God's Truth

I cringe every time someone doesn't believe Paul's revelations from the Risen Ascended Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul taught what Jesus taught.

Do you really think that Paul taught something better, more grace than Jesus Christ himself?

That is wrong on many levels to preach Paul taught a better Way.

God's Truth

That is such rich irony coming from the one that claims to be perfectly obedience to all that God has ever said.

Do you want to be like Paul? Do you want to be an imitator of Paul?!

Paul after believing in Jesus did not eat or drink for three days and prayed for forgiveness as he repented of his sins.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Paul taught what Jesus taught.

Do you really think that Paul taught something better, more grace than Jesus Christ himself?

That is wrong on many levels to preach Paul taught a better Way.
Jesus NEVER, I repeat, NEVER taught grace. You cannot teach something if you never talk about it. Not once in the four gospels did Jesus utter the word "grace." However, well over 100 times in the gospels the words "law," "circumcision," "circumcised," etc., are found.

Jesus DID NOT TEACH GRACE!

Paul wrote about 1/3 of the New Testament, yet he has 3 times the number of mentions of the word "grace" than anywhere else in the entire Bible.

You tell me if Paul's message of Grace is the same as Jesus' message of Law.

God's Truth

Jesus NEVER, I repeat, NEVER taught grace. You cannot teach something if you never talk about it. Not once in the four gospels did Jesus utter the word "grace." However, well over 100 times in the gospels the words "law," "circumcision," "circumcised," etc., are found.

Jesus DID NOT TEACH GRACE!

Paul wrote about 1/3 of the New Testament, yet he has 3 times the number of mentions of the word "grace" than anywhere else in the entire Bible.

You tell me if Paul's message of Grace is the same as Jesus' message of Law.

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Romans 5:21
so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness, to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Luke 16:16 "The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
If you can quote Jesus saying the word "grace," then I will reconsider my position. But you cannot, because He did not teach grace. He taught the law. Paul taught Grace, and he taught to not keep the law. GT, tell me how Grace = Law. I'm waiting.

God's Truth

If you can quote Jesus saying the word "grace," then I will reconsider my position. But you cannot, because He did not teach grace. He taught the law. Paul taught Grace, and he taught to not keep the law. GT, tell me how Grace = Law. I'm waiting.

I gave you scriptures that say Jesus came with grace.

God's Truth

They did NOT receive the dispensation of the grace of God. Paul did.

Paul was a PREACHER of the only and only new covenant, as preached and made by Jesus Christ.

Paul even quotes Jesus making the one and only new covenant.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

2 Corinthians 2:12
[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,

John 6:54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

John 6:55
For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Galatians 3:15
[ The Law and the Promise ] Brothers and sisters, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case.

Galatians 3:17
What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise.

Galatians 4:24
These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar.

God's Truth

JR,

You think Jesus made Paul set aside the one and only covenant for a different one?

Galatians 3:15
[ The Law and the Promise ] Brothers and sisters, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I gave you scriptures that say Jesus came with grace.
I'm asking for scripture that quotes Jesus uttering the word "grace."

A young woman entering the room can "come with grace," but that doesn't mean she's teaching grace. It just means she's graceful.

Same thing in those verses you quoted. It just means Jesus was graceful when He came to Earth.

You cannot find any scripture that shows Jesus TEACHING grace.

God's Truth

I'm asking for scripture that quotes Jesus uttering the word "grace."

A young woman entering the room can "come with grace," but that doesn't mean she's teaching grace. It just means she's graceful.

Same thing in those verses you quoted. It just means Jesus was graceful when He came to Earth.

You cannot find any scripture that shows Jesus TEACHING grace.

Jesus was just graceful?! Graceful like a woman?

Jesus CAME with GRACE.