What is the Gospel?

God's Truth

It's all in the Bible that you mostly ignore.

Heb 9:16-17 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:16) For where a testament [is], there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. (9:17) For a testament [is] of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

The new testament CANNOT be in force UNTIL the death of the TESTATOR.

Therefore, the vast majority of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are CANNOT be new testament.

It's just that simple.

Jesus died in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Everything that Jesus taught was for the New Covenant/New Testament.

God's Truth

I do intend and want to respond to the specifics of your post - but in the interest of avoiding any misunderstanding would you please clarify if you would or would not tell unbelievers 'Christ died for our sins' such that they are never disabused of the understanding that they themselves (each one of them) are included in the 'our' you speak of and therefore consider you have told each of them that Christ died for their sins. (It can be assumed they are told that they must believe it, but that their understanding is that Christ has acted so irrespective of faith - rather like the analogy Jesus uses himself in John 3:14-16, with the bronze serpent raised for all, without exception, to look to if they so choose).

I affirm that I am a genuine seeker after Christ.

We have to look to Jesus, as those who looked to the bronze snake,

BUT, those people still died in the desert and DID NOT see the promise, because they did NOT OBEY.

We have to believe AND OBEY to be saved, to receive the promise of eternal life.

Joshua 5:6 The Israelites had moved about in the wilderness forty years until all the men who were of military age when they left Egypt had died, since they had not obeyed the LORD. For the LORD had sworn to them that they would not see the land he had solemnly promised their ancestors to give us, a land flowing with milk and honey.

God's Truth

The Gospel of the Kingdom was preached for a time afterwards....long about the time of mid Acts, then Paul began to preach the Gospel of Grace as the RISEN LORD instructed him to. Not the same Gospel.

The Lord instructed Paul on the ONE AND ONLY GOSPEL.

God's Truth

Paul did not believe the gospel, and Jesus came to him so that he would believe and obey him for the ministering of the one gospel:

Paul is speaking to the Corinthian Gentiles. Paul says he is a minister of a NEW COVENANT.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The Greater Glory of the New Covenant

7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!

Paul says he is a MINISTER of a NEW COVENANT, and that it is THE MINISTRY/COVENANT of the SPIRIT.

Jesus came and made a NEW COVENANT.

Paul says he is a MINISTER of a NEW COVENANT, and that it is THE MINISTRY/COVENANT of the SPIRIT. That is the same New Covenant that Jesus preached. Jesus promised the Holy Spirit to those in the New Covenant.

Right Divider

Body part
Paul did not believe the gospel, and Jesus came to him so that he would believe and obey him for the ministering of the one gospel:

Paul is speaking to the Corinthian Gentiles. Paul says he is a minister of a NEW COVENANT.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The Greater Glory of the New Covenant

7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!

Paul says he is a MINISTER of a NEW COVENANT, and that it is THE MINISTRY/COVENANT of the SPIRIT.
Using those fake "translations" again?

The NEW COVENANT is between God and Israel.... just like the Bible says.

Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8

God's Truth

Notice that you just IGNORED all the scriptures I gave about Paul being a minister to the Gentiles, the minister of that one NEW COVENANT.

The whole old testament is about what is earthy, but Jesus came and taught the Spiritual.

There is a Spiritual Israel, and that is what all the saved are.

Jesus says he came for the lost sheep of Israel, they are the Jews who obeyed and had faith. They are Spiritual Israel. The Jews who did not have faith were cut off and no longer a part of Israel, Spiritual Israel.

The New Testament would be based on faith, and the Jews who did not have faith were cut off.

However,when Jesus was crucified, lifted up from the earth, then all can come to him to be saved, come to him and believe what he taught on how to enter. All could be saved, even the Jews who were cut off, even the Samaritans and the Gentiles.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Right Divider

Body part
Notice that you just IGNORED all the scriptures I gave about Paul being a minister to the Gentiles, the minister of that one NEW COVENANT.
Yes, because those are BOGUS "translations".

The whole old testament is about what is earthy, but Jesus came and taught the Spiritual.
Nonsense, you don't even know what spiritual means.

There is a Spiritual Israel, and that is what all the saved are.
Spiritual Israel refers to Israelite believers. The body of Christ is a NEW creature.

Jesus says he came for the lost sheep of Israel, they are the Jews who obeyed and had faith. They are Spiritual Israel. The Jews who did not have faith were cut off and no longer a part of Israel, Spiritual Israel.

The New Testament would be based on faith, and the Jews who did not have faith were cut off.

However,when Jesus was crucified, lifted up from the earth, then all can come to him to be saved, come to him and believe what he taught on how to enter. All could be saved, even the Jews who were cut off, even the Samaritans and the Gentiles.
I've heard your goofball story too many times already.

God's Truth

Yes, because those are BOGUS "translations".

Nonsense, you don't even know what spiritual means.

Spiritual Israel refers to Israelite believers. The body of Christ is a NEW creature.

I've heard your goofball story too many times already.

Jesus TAUGHT THE JEWS how to get in him, how to get in his body.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I cringe every time I hear you say Paul came with a different gospel. Jesus came with another covenant and he, only he could. Jesus is the Sacrificial LAMB OF GOD ONCE AND FOR ALL, but you have Paul coming with another gospel, just because you say so. Unbelievable.

Question for you, GT:

Why did Paul say, "Imitate me, as I imitate Christ? Why not just cut out the middleman and say "imitate Christ?"

It's because Paul's message was COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than what Jesus taught.

Jesus followed the law, from when He was circumcised at 8 days old, to when He died on the cross.

Yet Paul said if you keep the law, you're cursed, and Paul never told his converts to circumcise, let alone keep any other law. In fact, he said if you keep one law, you are a debtor to keep the whole law.

And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. - Galatians 5:3 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians5:3&version=NKJV

James said if you break one law, you are guilty of breaking all of them.

If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well;but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors.For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. - James 2:8-10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James2:8-10&version=NKJV

This is why Christians should not keep the law, not only because we are delivered from the law (Romans 7:6) through Christ, but because if we keep one law, we must keep them all, and if we break one, we are guilty of breaking them all.

Paul said "imitate me as I imitate Christ" because his message was different than the rest of the New Testament, because imitating Peter and the other Apostles would end up circumcised and keeping the law.

No one other than Paul says "imitate me," not Moses, not Abraham, not Isaiah, none of the Old Testament prophets, not Peter, not James, not John, not even Jude. ONLY PAUL. Paul taught do not keep the law. If his message was the same as the rest of the New Testament, then why is he the only one who says that? Not one other Apostle or author wrote "do not keep the law." They all said "keep the law."

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

19Therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens of the saints and members of God’s household,

20built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the cornerstone.…

BTW the prophets mentioned here are not those prophesying after Christ's DBR.

Peter makes it very clear who they are.

19 We also have the message of the prophets, which has been confirmed beyond doubt. And you will do well to pay attention to this message, as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Right Divider

Body part
19Therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens of the saints and members of God’s household,

20built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the cornerstone.…

BTW the prophets mentioned here are not those prophesying after Christ's DBR.

Peter makes it very clear who they are.

19 We also have the message of the prophets, which has been confirmed beyond doubt. And you will do well to pay attention to this message, as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.
BTW, wrong.

God's Truth

Question for you, GT:

Why did Paul say, "Imitate me, as I imitate Christ? Why not just cut out the middleman and say "imitate Christ?"

Because they can see Paul and get to know him, they can watch him and imitate him. Paul say he imitates Christ, so how do you ever get that it is a different gospel?
It's because Paul's message was COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than what Jesus taught.
That does not make sense. Jesus didn't change!

Jesus followed the law, from when He was circumcised at 8 days old, to when He died on the cross.
Jesus fulfilled the law. That means that the law to circumcise was about Jesus, for Jesus comes and circumcises the heart. That is how Jesus fulfilled the law of circumcision. Jesus came and his blood washes us clean that is how he fulfilled the law to offer animals.

Yet Paul said if you keep the law, you're cursed, and Paul never told his converts to circumcise, let alone keep any other law. In fact, he said if you keep one law, you are a debtor to keep the whole law.
Where do I tell anyone to get circumcised? You have no understanding. Be humble and listen.

And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. - Galatians 5:3 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians5:3&version=NKJV
Paul was speaking to Christians who were TALKED INTO getting circumcised and observivng special days! Paul was NOT rebuking them for obeying Jesus! Paul was not rebuking them for obeying Jesus, as you are doing to me!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I cringe every time I hear you say Paul came with a different gospel. Jesus came with another covenant and he, only he could. Jesus is the Sacrificial LAMB OF GOD ONCE AND FOR ALL, but you have Paul coming with another gospel, just because you say so. Unbelievable.
I cringe every time someone doesn't believe Paul's revelations from the Risen Ascended Lord Jesus Christ.