What is the Gospel?

God's Truth

Not at birth. Not at conception. Before the foundation of the world.

"For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of Elohim according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth".

The twins are about God allowing the Gentiles to be saved.

It is about doing right and doing wrong.

God knew that Esau would be godless and and not care enough about his inheritance.

God knew that Jacob would struggle for it.

The Jews in general who were first born, like Esau, they did not care enough about their inheritance.

The Gentiles, in general, the second born, like Jacob, they wanted to have part of the inheritance.

Sonnet

We are talking about being saved by Jesus' blood.

To be saved by Jesus' blood is when you have faith that his blood cleans you of the sins you repent of doing.

We touched on this when we last spoke.

I don't believe there is anyone who stops doing wrong the moment they become a follower of Christ. I think you disagree.

No problem.

God's Truth

We touched on this when we last spoke.

I don't believe there is anyone who stops doing wrong the moment they become a follower of Christ. I think you disagree.

No problem.

I don't remember discussing that with you before.

What I am saying now has nothing to do with never sinning again.

What I am saying is that one must repent of their sins and have faith that they are forgiven.

Sonnet

I don't remember discussing that with you before.

What I am saying now has nothing to do with never sinning again.

What I am saying is that one must repent of their sins and have faith that they are forgiven.

I guess I just don't know the significance of Judas's suicide. Sure, he betrayed Jesus - but then so did Peter...in a diffent way.

Truster

Not at birth. Not at conception. Before the foundation of the world.

"For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of Elohim according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth".

In addition to this declaration we have this one as well: "Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?"

And this one: "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day."

Were you in eternity? Can you influence the potter? Have you the power to draw yourself?

Me thinks not.

Sonnet

In addition to this declaration we have this one as well: "Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?"

And this one: "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day."

Were you in eternity? Can you influence the potter? Have you the power to draw yourself?

Me thinks not.

Indeed - hence this thread and my scepticism of scripture.

Truster

Either way Truster - that you accept man is without recourse makes for an awful conclusion.

The doctrine of election is comforting for the regenerate and awe filled for the unregenerate. It slams into the wall of self justness and tears down the citadel of works. It leaves man in the dust where he belongs. Halalu Yah and amen.

God's Truth

I guess I just don't know the significance of Judas's suicide. Sure, he betrayed Jesus - but then so did Peter...in a diffent way.

It is about believing, having faith.

Who kills them self after repenting?

One must believe they are forgiven.

One must believe their sin is washed away.

Peter's sin was not as great as Judas' sin anyway.

God's Truth

Me thinks not.

You do not understand about the Potter and the clay.

Read about it and more carefully:

Read this it shows that it matters on whether or not a person repents of their sins. God did not make people to not repent sins. God punishes people who do not repent of their sins.

Jeremiah 18
5Then the word of the LORD came to me. 6He said, “Can I not do with you, Israel, as this potter does?” declares the LORD. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel. 7If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, 8and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned. 9And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted,10and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it.
11“Now therefore say to the people of Judah and those living in Jerusalem, ‘This is what the LORD says: Look! I am preparing a disaster for you and devising a plan against you. So turn from your evil ways, each one of you, and reform your ways and your actions.’ 12But they will reply, ‘It’s no use. We will continue with our own plans; we will all follow the stubbornness of our evil hearts.’ ”

Truster

For your perusal:

Atheist.

The boast of an atheist is they have decided that there is no God or have rejected a belief, faith or trust in God. They demand that the Eternal Almighty, creator and sustainer of life, does not exist.

Then we have a scripture in contradiction of the 'atheist' claim:
‘’Because that which may be known of Elohim is manifest in them: for Elohim hath shown it unto them.
For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, clearly seen being understood by the things that are made, both his eternal power and Divinity; so that they are inexcusable’’.​

What has happened over the years is the true meaning of 'atheist' has been ignored and the atheist has raised himself onto the same lofty pedestal of free will as the Arminian.
The Arminian declares his will being free to allow him to seek, choose and obtain salvation.
While the atheist declares his sovereign will and decision in denying the existence of the Creator and sustainer of all.

Atheist means without Theos / without God / without Elohim. Just as amoral means without morals. ‘A’ as a prefix means without.

The question must be asked, why is the person who declares himself atheist, without Theos?
Is it because the power of the atheist is greater than that of the Almighty? Or is it because the Almighty has left the person without saving grace, without saving knowledge and without trust. It is of course the latter.

The boast of the atheist that there is no God is as empty as an old husk, because the word atheist means something completely different to what they have been taught. The atheist is without Theos, because they have been left in that state and what a terrible state it is to be atheist in the world and without hope, true and lasting hope.

I would add that the term atheist is used once in scripture by Paul and is translated into English as, ‘’without God’’.

Truster

Sonnet is trolling all of you.

He thinks he is, but what he is doing is opposing the truth. He is doing so because there is enmity between Him and the Almighty. I'm privileged to be a spectator in this. I'm also privileged to be a witness to the work of grace in someone else and that is how I can tell the difference.

Sonnet

Stop the fake crying.

Alternatively, you could resolve this 500 year old conflict and end the charge of scriptural doublespeak.

Calvinists who assert that Christ did not die for all exist. And so do Arminians.

By the way - your post is tantamount to trolling - being deliberately provocative.

Truster

Alternatively, you could resolve this 500 year old conflict and end the charge of scriptural doublespeak.

Calvinists who assert that Christ did not die for all exist. And so do Arminians.

By the way - your post is tantamount to trolling - being deliberately provocative.

500 year old? The conflict first occurred between Cain and Abel.

PS it's in my signature:

A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother. (ABEL)

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. (CAIN)