What is the Gospel?

Sonnet

You are atheist. You just don't understand the correct meaning of the word.

Luke 22:20-21
“This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you. But the hand of him who is going to betray me is with mine on the table."

Jesus included Judas within the scope of 'you'.

Truster

Are people born with the total inability to seek God such that the sine qua non for there salvation is God's regeneration?

If Yah Veh had not come to seek and to save Adam & Eve they would still be hiding and we would not be having this chat. Yau Shua Messiah came into the world to save sinners. The prerogative is His...

Sonnet

If Yah Veh had not come to seek and to save Adam & Eve they would still be hiding and we would not be having this chat. Yau Shua Messiah came into the world to save sinners. The prerogative is His...

Your view makes life worthless.

Truster

Your pride must be taking a hammering. To discover that all your studying, work and diligence accounts for nothing. Everything you thought was right turns out to be wrong. The good you thought you were performing is actually evil and the reward is death and eternal damnation.

"There is a way that seems right to a man that leads to death".

Sonnet

Your pride must be taking a hammering. To discover that all your studying, work and diligence accounts for nothing. Everything you thought was right turns out to be wrong. The good you thought you were performing is actually evil and the reward is death and eternal damnation.

"There is a way that seems right to a man that leads to death".

I merely express a scepticism of scripture. That is all.

God's Truth

Luke 22:20-21
“This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you. But the hand of him who is going to betray me is with mine on the table."

Jesus included Judas within the scope of 'you'.

We have to believe and obey to get saved.

Judas could not believe that he could be forgiven.

Sonnet

We have to believe and obey to get saved.

Judas could not believe that he could be forgiven.

My point was that Jesus told those in the room that his blood was (would be) shed for them.

How do you know what you assert regarding Judas?

Truster

You mean life is a total sham?

You don't posses life. You are dead in sin and a slave to Satan.

"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"

Sonnet

You don't posses life. You are dead in sin and a slave to Satan.

"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"

You mean I inherited this condition at birth and am total without recourse to an alternative? Is that correct?

God's Truth

My point was that Jesus told those in the room that his blood was (would be) shed for them.

How do you know what you assert regarding Judas?

When Judas realized his sin, he repented and then killed himself.

We have to repent of our sins, but we also have to have faith that we are forgiven.

Truster

You mean I inherited this condition at birth and am total without recourse to an alternative? Is that correct?

Not at birth. Not at conception. Before the foundation of the world.

"For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of Elohim according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth".

Sonnet

Not at birth. Not at conception. Before the foundation of the world.

"For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of Elohim according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth".

Either way Truster - that you accept man is without recourse makes for an awful conclusion.