What is the Gospel?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
see, on the OP, i thought he mentioned salvation, that's why i instantly mentioned Paul's epistles. the fact that there is more than one gospel shouldn't even take space. i think the original poster already heard of Jesus, but wanted to know where we stand presently. i didn't go back and look yet but i think that's the idea i got for his questions. maybe i was wrong - gt go home

God's Truth

God puts His law into our mind and writes it on our heart, and this is done when we receive the Holy Spirit, and by the Holy Spirit, when Jesus saves us.

That is how we get a new heart and new spirit. The covenant that God makes now is the new covenant, which means the same as New Testament.

God puts His law in the mind and writes them on the hearts of all those who come into the new covenant. The blood of Jesus ratifies the new covenant. We come into the new covenant when we have faith in Jesus’ shed blood on the cross.
God accepts into the new covenant those who believe, and obey by repenting and calling on the name of the Lord. That is how we drink the blood of the new covenant…by believing; that is how we eat the bread, his flesh, by obeying.

Again, we do not get this new heart and new spirit until after we repent of our sins.

Ezekiel 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?

God pours His Spirit into the hearts of those who chose to come to Him through Jesus Christ.

Jesus chooses to save those whom he accepts, and he accepts those who do right, those who get his teachings and obeys them.

See Acts 15:8, Acts 10:35, and John 14:23.

john w

Hall of Fame
"Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We always have to obey God ...We always have to obey Jesus….........I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…..Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says...I always obey Jesus..."-God’sUNTruth

Vs.

"I obey everything that Jesus tells us we have to do."-God’sUNTruth

A lush, or an unconvicted, habitual liar-no other option.

turbosixx

"What is the Gospel?"-thread topic

It's very simple. There is more than 1 piece of good news in the book, the context tells us which good news/gospel is being discussed. And thus, the "gospel(good news) of the kingdom," is not equivalent to the gospel/good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, as I demonstrated. A 6 year old can see this, but most alleged members of the boc cannot, as they log in, and lose their minds on this simple concept.

If the gospel of the kingdom and the gospel of grace are not the same, help me to understand this.

Jesus and the 12 preached the kingdom of God was at hand and near.

Mark 1:14 Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, 15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."
Luke 9:1 And He called the twelve together, and gave them power and authority over all the demons and to heal diseases. 2 And He sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to perform healing.

After his D,B &R, I see the apostle Paul preaching the kingdom of God. Not that it's at hand but trying to convince them of it. In his farewell to those at Ephesus he tells them he preached grace and the kingdom.

Acts 20:24 But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God. 25 "And now, behold, I know that all of you, among whom I went about preaching the kingdom, will no longer see my face.

The previous chapter tells us he was preaching the kingdom of God.
Acts 19:8 And he entered the synagogue and continued speaking out boldly for three months, reasoning and persuading them about the kingdom of God.

He tells those at Colossae that they have been transferred to Christ's kingdom.

Col. 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ who are at Colossae: Grace to you and peace from God our Father............13For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, 14in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

These people are clearly in Christ and in his kingdom. Jesus said it was at hand before his D,B &R and that is what established it and his body which are one and the same.

john w

Hall of Fame
God puts His law into our mind and writes it on our heart, and this is done when we receive the Holy Spirit, and by the Holy Spirit, when Jesus saves us.

That is how we get a new heart and new spirit. The covenant that God makes now is the new covenant, which means the same as New Testament.

When did this New Testament/New Covenant begin? Matthew 1? Nope....

Hebrews 9 KJV
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

This lush is an absolute embarrassment.

john w

Hall of Fame
If the gospel of the kingdom and the gospel of grace are not the same, help me to understand this.

Jesus and the 12 preached the kingdom of God was at hand and near.

Mark 1:14 Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, 15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."
Luke 9:1 And He called the twelve together, and gave them power and authority over all the demons and to heal diseases. 2 And He sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to perform healing.

After his D,B &R, I see the apostle Paul preaching the kingdom of God. Not that it's at hand but trying to convince them of it. In his farewell to those at Ephesus he tells them he preached grace and the kingdom.

Acts 20:24 But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God. 25 "And now, behold, I know that all of you, among whom I went about preaching the kingdom, will no longer see my face.

The previous chapter tells us he was preaching the kingdom of God.
Acts 19:8 And he entered the synagogue and continued speaking out boldly for three months, reasoning and persuading them about the kingdom of God.

He tells those at Colossae that they have been transferred to Christ's kingdom.

Col. 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ who are at Colossae: Grace to you and peace from God our Father............13For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, 14in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

These people are clearly in Christ and in his kingdom. Jesus said it was at hand before his D,B &R and that is what established it and his body which are one and the same.

You did not read my posts. My evidence? The above. A 6 year old can see it.

"Jesus and the 12 preached the kingdom of God was at hand and near."-you

And it had NADA to do with the dbr.

You need to understand what the term "gospel" means. Until then, we are not having a discussion, much less engaging in an argument.

What is the Gospel?"-thread topic

It's very simple. There is more than 1 piece of good news in the book, the context tells us which good news/gospel is being discussed. And thus, the "gospel(good news) of the kingdom," is not equivalent to the gospel/good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, as I demonstrated. The 12, including Judas,for almost 3 years, preached the good news of the coming kingdom, "the gospel of the kingdom," and yet, at that time, had no idea of the impending death, burial, resurrection, the basis of the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. A 6 year old can see this, but most alleged members of the boc cannot, as they log in, and lose their minds on this simple concept.

God's Truth

Hebrews 9 KJV
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Jesus taught the guidelines for the new covenant. Jesus then died and shed his blood for the new covenant.

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus taught the guidelines for the new covenant. Jesus then died and shed his blood for the new covenant.

I did not ask that, you embarrassment. Based upon your "argument," your wickedness....

"God puts His law into our mind and writes it on our heart, and this is done when we receive the Holy Spirit, and by the Holy Spirit, when Jesus saves us.That is how we get a new heart and new spirit. The covenant that God makes now is the new covenant, which means the same as New Testament. "-you

...I asked:

Hebrews 9 KJV

Now, answer the question, defending your "presented while drinking q quart of Jack Daniels" "argument."

turbosixx

You need to understand what the term "gospel" means. Until then, we are not having a discussion, much less engaging in an argument.

It's very simple. There is more than 1 piece of good news in the book, the context tells us which good news/gospel is being discussed. And thus, the "gospel(good news) of the kingdom," is not equivalent to the gospel/good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, as I demonstrated. The 12, including Judas,for almost 3 years, preached the good news of the coming kingdom, "the gospel of the kingdom," and yet, at that time, had no idea of the impending death, burial, resurrection, the basis of the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. A 6 year old can see this, but most alleged members of the boc cannot, as they log in, and lose their minds on this simple concept.

I read it but I'm still trying to understand how you see more than one gospel. Yes, I know what gospel means.

Paul said, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

The apostles did exactly what God needed them to do, if they needed to understand more he gave it to them. He doesn't say there is one gospel for Jews and one for Gentiles but that it's for the Jew first.

Luke 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, 46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

It was first proclaimed to the Jews at Pentecost just as Jesus said. Peter proclaimed the D,B&R on Pentecost, please point out how he didn't preach the gospel of Christ if he didn't proclaim the gospel.

I am trying to understand what your saying.

john w

Hall of Fame
I read it but I'm still trying to understand how you see more than one gospel.

vs.
Yes, I know what gospel means.

No, you don't. The above demonstrates that you don't.

It means "good news."

One more time-It means "good news."

I know that's quite deep-but a 6 year old can see it. You don't. My evidence:

"I'm still trying to understand how you see more than one gospel."-you

=I'm still trying to understand how you see more than one piece of good news in the bible.

Get it? You cannot be this stupid.

There is plenty of good news in the book, the context tells us what good news is being discussed. The good news of the coming kingdom, that the Lord Jesus Christ, the 12/Judas preached, had no mention of the death, burial, resurrection, the basis of the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. I will pause...

Is that too deep, complicated, for you?

Get a 6 year old to explain it to you, or, you are on record, as arguing, like other morons, that:

-there is just one piece of good news in the bible, which is satanic,or,

-you do not know what the term "gospel" means.

No other option.

turbosixx

vs.

No, you don't. The above demonstrates that you don't.

It means "good news."

One more time-It means "good news."

I know that's quite deep-but a 6 year old can see it. You don't. My evidence:

"I'm still trying to understand how you see more than one gospel."-you

=I'm still trying to understand how you see more than one piece of good news in the bible.

Get it? You cannot be this stupid.

There is plenty of good news in the book, the context tells us what good news is being discussed. The good news of the coming kingdom, that the Lord Jesus Christ, the 12/Judas preached, had no mention of the death, burial, resurrection, the basis of the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. I will pause...

Is that too deep, complicated, for you?

Get a 6 year old to explain it to you, or, you are on record, as arguing, like other morons, that:

-there is just one piece of good news in the bible, which is satanic,or,

-you do not know what the term "gospel" means.

No other option.

Let me put it this way then, what "good news" did Peter proclaim on Pentecost?

john w

Hall of Fame
I read it but I'm still trying to understand how you see more than one gospel. Yes, I know what gospel means.

Paul said, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

The apostles did exactly what God needed them to do, if they needed to understand more he gave it to them. He doesn't say there is one gospel for Jews and one for Gentiles but that it's for the Jew first.

Luke 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, 46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

It was first proclaimed to the Jews at Pentecost just as Jesus said. Peter proclaimed the D,B&R on Pentecost, please point out how he didn't preach the gospel of Christ if he didn't proclaim the gospel.

I am trying to understand what your saying.

Slower: The death, burial, resurrection, the basis of the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, was hid from the 12, at a time that they were preaching the gospel/good news of the kingdom.

Get that 6 year old.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Yes we can all see yer six yer old mentality.

This is why you are still a babe in Christ unable to withstand sound doctrine.

turbosixx

Slower: The death, burial, resurrection, the basis of the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, was hid from the 12, at a time that they were preaching the gospel/good news of the kingdom.

Get that 6 year old.

A 6 year old can see Christians are in the kingdom now.

Col. 1:13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

john w

Hall of Fame
You, ad nauseam, tell us what they preached before, why not after?

I stay on topic-there is more than one piece of good news in the book, and most do not see it, because they are slumped in their pews, at "church," not surveying/studying the book, as I do, and 6 year olds, do.

You add nothing to this thread, except to testify that you are clueless as to what "gospel" means, thus satanically asserting that there is just one piece of good news in the book.