What is the Gospel?

beloved57

It does not say "the gospel", but "the gospel of Christ" (Romans 1:16 KJV) which was the good news to the Jew first and also to the Greek; that Christ "died for our sins" (the "our" being those to whom Paul was first sent (Acts 13:26 KJV, Acts 26:17 KJV). The gospel of Christ was a mystery before it was revealed from the risen, ascended Lord Jesus Christ to and through Paul (please read Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV, 1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). Before "that gospel" (Galatians 2:2 KJV which is the gospel that Paul communicated) was preached there were other gospels and after the gospel of the grace of God goes up with the Body of Christ, there will be another gospel in place. This is elementary to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

Invalid and false comments ! Pauls Gospel was according to the OT Scriptures that the Prophets Preached 1 Cor 15:3-4

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Invalid and false comments ! Pauls Gospel was according to the OT Scriptures that the Prophets Preached 1 Cor 15:3-4

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
It was the hidden in the scriptures as it was the hidden wisdom of God in a mystery.

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

And the Bible tells us why

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

beloved57

It was the hidden in the scriptures as it was the hidden wisdom of God in a mystery.

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

And the Bible tells us why

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Paul preached the Gospel from the O.The scriptures 1Cor 15:3-4!

God's Truth

"and if by grace, then it is no more of works...". You don't believe it. We can all see that by your believe not testimony.

We do not have to do the ceremonial works. The Jews did not want to give that up, and the Gentiles had to have it explained why they could now have salvation without having to do those works.

God's Truth

Anyone who can count, counts two gospels.

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Your believe not blinding (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV) has even blinded your ability to count.

Two different kinds of people, not two different kinds of gospels.

We do not become God's children anymore according to human descent.

See John 1:13.

God does not have two different gospels, one for those who are blood related to Abraham, and those who are not.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Two different kinds of people, not two different kinds of gospels.

We do not become God's children anymore according to human descent.

See John 1:13.

God does not have two different gospels, one for those who are blood related to Abraham, and those who are not.

Did you know that Abraham was a Gentile?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
GM does not deserve respect, but he gets it.

Now what does that have to do with what I said?

Well, you see, you preach a false gospel. You don't preach "Paul's Gospel"
therefore, you don't preach the "True Gospel." Since you don't preach "The
Truth" do you really think you deserve respect? I don't.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Anyone who can count, counts two gospels.

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Your believe not blinding (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV) has even blinded your ability to count.

Yep

God's Truth

Well, you see, you preach a false gospel. You don't preach "Paul's Gospel"
therefore, you don't preach the "True Gospel." Since you don't preach "The
Truth" do you really think you deserve respect? I don't.

Paul doesn't have a gospel besides the gospel that Jesus preached.

Paul calls it the GOSPEL OF CHRIST.

Romans 15:19 by the power of signs and wonders, through the power of the Spirit of God. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.

1 Corinthians 9:12 If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more? But we did not use this right. On the contrary, we put up with anything rather than hinder the gospel of Christ.

2 Corinthians 2:12[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,

2 Corinthians 9:13 Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.

2 Corinthians 10:14 We are not going too far in our boasting, as would be the case if we had not come to you, for we did get as far as you with the gospel ofChrist.

Galatians 1:7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervertthe gospel of Christ.

Philippians 1:27 [ Life Worthy of the Gospel ] Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel

1 Thessalonians 3:2 We sent Timothy, who is our brother and co-worker in God’s service in spreading the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith,

Paul also calls it OUR GOSPEL:

2 Corinthians 4:3 And even if our gospelis veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.

1 Thessalonians 1:5 because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake.

2 Thessalonians 2:14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul AND PETER call it the Gospel of God.

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God—

Romans 15:16 to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles. He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

2 Corinthians 11:7 Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge?

1 Thessalonians 2:8 so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.

1 Thessalonians 2:9 Surely you remember, brothers and sisters, our toil and hardship; we worked night and day in order not to be a burden to anyone while we preached the gospel of God to you.

1 Peter 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

1 Thessalonians 2:2 We had previously suffered and been treated outrageously in Philippi, as you know, but with the help of our God we dared to tell you his gospel in the face of strong opposition.

God's Truth

Did you know that Abraham was a Gentile?

Did you know Abraham obeyed everything that God commanded? Hahahahaha

Genesis 26:4-5 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Did you know Abraham obeyed everything that God commanded? Hahahahaha

Genesis 26:4-5 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws."

Abraham obeyed God from a "willing and loving heart." Not because
he had to. The law (came hundreds of years later) and the law was
created for disobedient people.