What is the express image of God?

daqq

My point is that there are many, many "EXACT representations of His NATURE."

God is infinite, man is finite. God is beyond language and only metaphoric and poetic language can point to "what God is."
Jesus himself was characterized as a Lamb by the Gospel of John.

Does that then mean that Mary had a little lamb?

:chuckle:

I second the motion!

:second:

Yep, when you think about it.

Was not Jesus the Lamb of God and his fleece was white as snow,
And every where that Mary went, the Lamb was sure to go.

My, I think that I have heard that story before.

Thirdsies! :crackup:

:third:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
:chuckle:

I second the motion!

:second:

Thirdsies! :crackup:

:third:
Since it has happened a few times before, I usually expect to be chastened and banned for disruption and blasphemy by "moderators." I am surprised people at least found my post entertaining.

I think as Christians we have to recognize the clear difference between actual history and metaphoric and theological frameworks overlaid on that history.

StanJ

My point is that there are many, many "EXACT representations of His NATURE."

God is infinite, man is finite. God is beyond language and only metaphoric and poetic language can point to "what God is."
Jesus himself was characterized as a Lamb by the Gospel of John.

Does that then mean that Mary had a little lamb?

and MY point is, YOU are WRONG....there is only ONE EXACT representation of His nature, and THAT is Jesus Christ.
There were physical manifestation of God in the OT, but NONE were EXACT representations.

You confuse metaphor with reality.

keypurr

and MY point is, YOU are WRONG....there is only ONE EXACT representation of His nature, and THAT is Jesus Christ.
There were physical manifestation of God in the OT, but NONE were EXACT representations.

Stan, recheck your post here, we almost agree.

Christ, not Jesus, is the exact representation of God, he is a spirit not a man. Jesus became the Christ when he was anointed with him.

lifeisgood

Christ, not Jesus, is the exact representation of God, he is a spirit not a man. Jesus became the Christ when he was anointed with him.

keypurr,

When exactly did Jesus say He was the Christ?

When did Jesus say He was the Messiah?

When did Jesus say He was the Lord?

You do believe He is the Christ, right? He never said He was, however, you believe that He is.

You do believe He is the Messiah, right? He never said He was, but you believe that He is.

You do believe He is Lord, right? He never said He was, but you believe that He is.

But then when He Himself said 'I am', you do not believe Him.

John 8:58. Jesus said, “Truly, Truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am”, which means that Jesus existed before His human life on earth.

Remember when Jesus said that Abraham saw His day and rejoiced? (Jn. 8:58).

keypurr

keypurr,

When exactly did Jesus say He was the Christ?

When did Jesus say He was the Messiah?

When did Jesus say He was the Lord?

You do believe He is the Christ, right? He never said He was, however, you believe that He is.

You do believe He is the Messiah, right? He never said He was, but you believe that He is.

You do believe He is Lord, right? He never said He was, but you believe that He is.

But then when He Himself said 'I am', you do not believe Him.

John 8:58. Jesus said, “Truly, Truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am”, which means that Jesus existed before His human life on earth.

Remember when Jesus said that Abraham saw His day and rejoiced? (Jn. 8:58).

The Christ IN Jesus was at the creation, not Jesus the man. Christ spoke through the body prepared for him. It was Christ that came down from hesvrn, not Jesus. So I do believe that Christ was before Abraham, but not Jesus. Christ is a spirit being that took the form of man.

Friend, I do see Christ as my Lord, but not my God. There is only one God, the God of Jesus Christ.

StanJ

Not even close....Jesus IS the Christ/Messiah and Jesus is the EXACT Representation of God. Christ is a title/translation of Messiah which means anointed. For somebody who claims to know the Bible, you show a severe lack of that knowledge.

StanJ

The Christ IN Jesus was at the creation, not Jesus the man. Christ spoke through the body prepared for him. It was Christ that came down from hesvrn, not Jesus. So I do believe that Christ was before Abraham, but not Jesus. Christ is a spirit being that took the form of man.

Friend, I do see Christ as my Lord, but not my God. There is only one God, the God of Jesus Christ.

The Christ did NOT exist until Jesus was born, and Jesus is the Christ/Messiah. I think you have spent far to long listening to those voices in your head and NOT reading and understanding the Bible?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Image of God..........

Image of God..........

And even here we still have 'God' using his 'word', that word manifesting in the man Jesus, manifesting God's will, nature, power and salvation to man. Again, this is the sole essential! (all the rest are details, difference of opinions). Whether 'Christ' is some divine 'image' or 'spirit' of 'God' operating thru the man Jesus is incidental to the fact of Jesus representing 'God', or revealing 'God' to us. Fighting over our 'position' on this, is a secondary issue, relative to our own limited or preferred point of view. Some of it is mere 'cosmetics'.

I applaud you,....Jesus honored, served and respected his 'God' and 'Father' most awesomely (and still does IF you believe it)...if we believe the records existing about him (and that not just in the canonical texts either).

pj

keypurr

Not even close....Jesus IS the Christ/Messiah and Jesus is the EXACT Representation of God. Christ is a title/translation of Messiah which means anointed. For somebody who claims to know the Bible, you show a severe lack of that knowledge.

If God is a spirit his EXACT Representation is also a spirit.

Are you smart enough to understand that?

Jesus was a man, not a spirit.

Christ was IN Jesus from his anointing.

Think Stan, Think.

Christ (WORD) became flesh. To become flesh you have to be something else.

Ben Masada

To be blunt, the "express image" of God changes through time. The divine or the sacred is always mediated through a particular culture or tribe. And it always serves as a meaningful response to a person or group's unique concerns.

To be equally blunt, the "express image" of God is in the impersonation of His attributes. That's how in my opinion, HaShem must be described.

daqq

To be equally blunt, the "express image" of God is in the impersonation of His attributes. That's how in my opinion, HaShem must be described.

Perhaps then the only way anyone can see the Son is to open up the Scripture and read him? Has he shown you his hands, his feet, and the wound in his side? And when you read you do "eat" with your eyes in the supernal meaning. Make sure you consume everything; leaving nothing til your morning come. :)

Ben Masada

Perhaps then the only way anyone can see the Son is to open up the Scripture and read him? Has he shown you his hands, his feet, and the wound in his side? And when you read you do "eat" with your eyes in the supernal meaning. Make sure you consume everything; leaving nothing til your morning come. :)

How could Jesus show me any thing if he is dead? Even the memory of them who are dead is to be forgotten. (Eccles. 9:5,6)

lifeisgood

Nonsense! You believe what Jesus Christ DID NOT say about Himself.

When exactly did Jesus say He was the Christ? NEVER

When did Jesus say He was the Messiah? NEVER

When did Jesus say He was the Lord? NEVER

However, you say that you believe He is your Christ, your Messiah, your Lord, but you REJECT Him as your 'I am'.

If Jesus Christ is NOT your 'I am' as Jesus Christ Himself attest, he cannot be your Christ, your Messiah, your Lord as you attest.

You continue to REJECT what Jesus Christ said of Himself --- I am.

Abraham SAW JESUS CHRIST and HIS DAY and Abraham REJOICED.

John 8:58. Jesus said, “Truly, Truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am”, which means that Jesus existed before His human life on earth. Jesus Christ said so Himself.

You have REJECTED the Truth for a lie of your own imagination and that hurts my heart.

====

P.S. Not screaming when using upper case.

lifeisgood

Some of this things my dear friend, keypurr, has said:

Someone else has gathered most of these. I don’t remember who, so cannot give this person credit.

keypurr has declared, “Jesus Christ has a God.” Therefore, keypurr is declaring that he has no Savior, for only God can save.

keypurr believes that a created being created everything.

keypurr believes that Jesus Christ is POSSESSED by a Christ spirit.

keypurr believes that Jesus' body has TWO spirits at one time as keypurr claim that the "Christ spirit" did NOT possess the body of Jesus until Jesus' was water baptized.

keypurr says that he has received a 'new revelation' that no one else in the whole world has but him.

keypurr does not believe that Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh.

keypurr believes that Jesus Christ had no power at all until His baptism.
All that heard Him (at the age of 12 years old) were astonished at his understanding and answers (Luke 2:41-52).

keypurr believes that all who believe in God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) should abandon their belief and take up keypurr's 'new revelation'.

keypurr has declared, “I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord but NOT my God.”

keypurr has never explained what happened to the spirit that inhabited the body of Jesus before Jesus’ body was possessed by the Christ spirit at his water baptism.

keypurr has declared “Wrong, a created spirit DID POSSESS Jesus. That is how Christ took the form of man.”

keypurr has declared “Jesus Christ was a god. Moses was a god.”

keypurr believes in what Jesus Christ has NOT said of Himself but does not believe what Jesus Christ has declared of Himself --- ‘I am’.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

How so?

The FACT is that Jesus was a man who walked the dusty roads of Palestine.

And terms like "ONE EXACT representation of Jesus is "Jesus Christ" is a proclamation of FAITH.

There were also faith proclamations of Jesus as prophet and rabbi.

keypurr

Nonsense! You believe what Jesus Christ DID NOT say about Himself.

When exactly did Jesus say He was the Christ? NEVER

When did Jesus say He was the Messiah? NEVER

When did Jesus say He was the Lord? NEVER

However, you say that you believe He is your Christ, your Messiah, your Lord, but you REJECT Him as your 'I am'.

If Jesus Christ is NOT your 'I am' as Jesus Christ Himself attest, he cannot be your Christ, your Messiah, your Lord as you attest.

You continue to REJECT what Jesus Christ said of Himself --- I am.

Abraham SAW JESUS CHRIST and HIS DAY and Abraham REJOICED.

John 8:58. Jesus said, “Truly, Truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am”, which means that Jesus existed before His human life on earth. Jesus Christ said so Himself.

You have REJECTED the Truth for a lie of your own imagination and that hurts my heart.

====

P.S. Not screaming when using upper case.

You assume so much more than is written, you will never see truth that way. Jesus was born to Mary into the world that God created through Christ. You fail to see that CHRIST spoke through Jesus.

StanJ

How so?

The FACT is that Jesus was a man who walked the dusty roads of Palestine.

And terms like "ONE EXACT representation of Jesus is "Jesus Christ" is a proclamation of FAITH.

There were also faith proclamations of Jesus as prophet and rabbi.

I'm sure you know by now that I hate repeating myself, especially to those who have read it all before.

Yes He was, AND much more.

Yes, based on the facts in Heb 1:3 (NIV)

Yes there were, along with over 500 metaphors in the Bible. They all are metaphors, but God is NOT a metaphor.